Cabo Azul is a beautiful resort with top notch accommodations, dining and pool. You can walk to the ocean but swimming is not recommended. You can walk for miles on the beach although you will be approached by many vendors along the way. :-) The resort has three inifinity pools that flow one into the next. Actually, the water temp is different in each one too. We stayed in the warmest one the majority of the time. :-) The lounge chairs were awesome, very thick comfortable pads, second to none that I've experienced before. We went Thanksgiving weekend for a week and the resort was very quiet.
Happy Hour each day at the pool bar was 2 for the price of one drinks which was a nice deal. Otherwise, the bar is a bit pricey, as all the resorts are. The resort has a decent fitness center but it is deep in the complex - no view and quite secluded. The spa is very pricey so we did not use it. I would have loved to have a massage but just too pricey for me. Our room was great and the room service was fantastic. We had one of the cheapest rooms which just meant the view was not great (parking lot in our case), but we didn't spend much time in our room so it didn't matter that much. There is a very nice Mexican restaurant on the resort with fantastic food but with is quite pricey. However, there is also a very nice coffee shop/sandwich bar which is open long hours so you can get reasonable priced food any time of the day. This is also where there are PCs where you can use the internet for free. There is free wireless internet by the pool too which was very nice.
As far as restaurants, there are a few within walking distance, if you don't mind walking at least half to 3/4 mile. If you take a cab, it only costs about $5 each way which is much cheaper than Cabo San Lucas. I like the Cabo San Jose area much better than the hectic pace of Cao San Lucas which made this resort even more enjoyable to us. This was our second stay at the resort. I would recommend it if you want a nice quiet, beautiful place to get away for R & R. I just read the review by "mollyandfamily_12" and agree with the majority of what was stated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo