We stayed in a two bed, two bath unit in mid August. Overall, I can't say enough wonderful things about this resort. It truly raised the bar. For anyone who scoffs at the concept of timeshares or vacation ownership, I laugh at you.
The decor was gorgeous. Each bedroom plus the living area has its own thermostat so everyone can stay comfortable. The thermostats only go down to 68 deg., but that was just about right for us. Three infinity pools terraced, one flowing into the next. Top one is the warmes, bottom the coolest. Couple of hot tubs as well. All the chaise lounges had terry cloth mattresses, laundered daily. Lovely! There are also hammocks and these wicker covered double beds with pillows around the pool, too. A couple of large, black mattresses were located IN the pool! Not a lot of people took advantage of those; I think it was just too hot. Beach was well manicured with plenty of tilapas with more cushioned chaise lounges to enjoy. Grounds were artistically decorated with sculptures, fire pits and lanterns, with a wide variety of botanicals to enjoy.
The bed was amongst the most comfortable I've slept in, in a hotel. Not too hard nor too soft. As others have mentioned, the lighting is a bit dim, especially in the 2nd bedroom where there is an insignificant little window. Bathrooms' lighting are better, but still not great.
Note: the unit's coffee maker uses cone filters, NOT basket. Yet for some reason in the hotel's mercado, all they sold were basket filters. Bring your own cone filters if you're a coffee drinker.
Restaurant, bar and deli foods were great, if a bit pricey. Happy hour (4 - 6 p.m.) was two-for-one on selected mixed drinks every day. Poolside wait staff, and a swim-up bar made for an extremely luxurious time! The pastries and desserts in the deli were absolutely amazing. Top notch!
The internet cafe, located in the deli, had several desktop computers available at no charge for your use. The connection speed was ok; not the greatest, but not terrible. I never was able to get a really good wifi connection anywhere, though (and I tried!).
Staff was wonderfully friendly and accommodating. Daily maid service was terrific. Towel guys by the pool were actually out of towels at one point but hand delivered some to me down by the beach as soon as they got them. Wow!
Cabo...when you're outside of the resort area, it really isn't very pretty. Yes, the arch is pretty and the water lovely to look at, but rip currents preclude swimming on most beaches. It is desert, despite the high humidity. Water is NOT safe to drink outside of the resort. The resort did have its own filtration system, but still the water smelled pretty funky coming out of the tap.
Check-in. Very small, open air reception area was steaming hot and crowded. We waited in line, having arrived well past check-in time. The receptionist pulled out some pre-assembled registration packets (including room cards), but told us that they needed to call Housekeeping to confirm that our unit was clean and ready...so we needed to go speak with the concierge and pick up our welcome packet. This, of course, was simply a ploy to give the concierge an opportunity to pummel us into submission and agree to sitting through a timeshare presentation. Grrrrr! I wish they'd been a bit more honest with us and simply said, "Here's your key, be sure to visit the concierge and receive your welcome packet and a special welcome gift. Have a great stay!" But no.
Overall, we wanted a place to vegitate at, with little inclination to tour around. This was it. Highly recommend the resort, not so hot on the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo