I am an owner at Cabo Azul and was less than impressed our second time there.
Most hotels, especially hotels with a 'Luxury' tag attached, would notify their guests of any construction that may be going on during their visit. Not only were we not notified prior to our arrival, but the hotel was not offering anything to the guests to compensate for 1) no swim up bar 2) no outdoor restaurant 3) listening to jack-hammers, generators and sanding all day, every day.
I was seriously disappointed at the attentiveness of the management staff. I complained, as many guests did, and was refunded a portion of our stay. While I appreciate that, I had to go through three staff members in order to get this out of them. That is absurd. We should have been notified, giving us the opportunity to cancel or reschedule. Our entire trip was compromised due to this inconvenience. I may not return and I may sell my points - Cabo Azul is under new management (Diamond International)...and if this is how they are going to run the show, I'm not sure I want to be a part of it.
In addition to the construction issues, the rooms are just as uncomfortable as they were the first time around, with terrible pillows and hard couches. Come on guys - spring for some throw pillows and new bed pillows already!
I will say, the pool staff is incredible. Manuel, Gregorio and Ikar were the best people we met in Baja. Thank you for making the trip better!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TravelUp so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo