We had 5 adults with 3 kids for a family getaway. The resort was really great. From the first reception at the lobby to check-out, we really have no complaints. We were greated warmly, the bellman helped unload the car and delivered the bags to our room without delay. The check-in was easy - we got the Villa we reserved. The upgrades that came with our room were presented quickly by the concierge and we were on our way to lunch to feed the hungry kids. Lunch in the pool side restaurant was quick, good quality, and the service was just fine all 3 times we ate there.
Dinner at Javiers is quite good. It's always a nice portion, well presented and executed. It's definitely worth a visit during your stay. The outdoor space is great just by the beach.
The pool and poolside bar were great. Big space, plenty of cabanas and lounge chairs. You don't need to rush out in the morning to reserve a spot. It's adult and kid friendly. There are 3 pools all casading down into each other. The beach is clean and fun, but you should not swim at the beach in Cabo. It's just way too rough and wild to take a chance.
We went on a horseback ride at sunset with the kids and 3 adults. That was great as it went allong the beach. It's beautiful and fun. Was a memorable experience for all. The hotel included this little perk as part of our package.
Our room was a 3 bedroom villa. It was literally on the waterfront. It included jacuzzi's in two rooms, huge walk-in closets, TV's, dining table to seat 8, and a full and well equipped kitchen. The large outdoor balcony also had a King size bed lounger adjacent to the even larger out-door jacuzzi. We loved that little extra feature.
The on-site market also made it convenient to get basic groceries, and there is large grocery store a very short distance away if you need to really stock-up. Also, for the kids, the on-site market rents DVDs!
Finally, the event staff helped us cater in a buffet breakfast in our room to celebrate a big birthday. They arranged a nice flower arrangement and full table setting at our in-room dining table. They arranged for room service to deliver the room service menu to us but presented family style on our kitchen island. It was a real treat. And it really made us feel at home in our hotel suite. It was a nice way to have a family moment - and it was worth the modest cost to get it all arranged.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo