Myself and my husband just returned from enjoying one week at Cabo Azul. Beautiful luxury resort. I am a certified travel agent, which I did not mention upon check in so that I would receive the same treatment as all guests.
1. Upon exiting the taxi you are greeted with water and a refreshing hand towel after a long day of travel. Check in was perfect until, they have you "see concierge" while they prepare your room key etc. After traveling 7 hours, we wanted our key, a drink, and our villa, but they want you to set up a time and date to attend a timeshare presentation. After 30 minutes of haggling, we signed up. I don't normally attend presentations but wanted to give my clients a Full Picture of what they can expect! The presentation which they tell you is 90 minutes averaged 110 minutes. We were very stern and respectful in our position in letting them know we were not interested, yet they are persistent to say the least. You have your original guide that does the presentation, he then brings in a manager to supposedly "thank you for your time" yet he ends up wheeling and dealing, then they bring another man to "give you your gifts for attending" and he does the same thing the last 2 men did with another sales pitch and a different spin on it.
2. Arrival to our 2 bedroom partial ocean view villa was unparalleled to any accommodation we have ever stayed at before. The detail of the decor was amazing. Clean, up to date, and fully amended!
3. They offer 3 infinity pools as well as wade pools in other areas of the resort that are absolutely stunning. The pool chairs and lounges were like beds!
4. The Staff would not allow you to lift a finger as they lived up to the hotel motto "we always say yes"!
5. Wifi-$61.00 for 2 iPads for 7 days. We did not mind paying, but I do have an issue when the only place we could access wifi in the villa was in the living room and even then it was sporadic.
6. The property detail was a 5 star! Beautifully manicured grounds, evening lighting gave a romantic ambiance, fire torches, white draping and the cleanliness was outstanding.
7. Walking distance to downtown San Jose where there is excellent shopping, restaurants, bars, and Sunday football games! Thursday evening from 5-9 is the art walk. Great experience! Food, shopping, ambiance and of course Art - all in one.
8. Grocery store called the Mega was walking distance and they offer everything you need in your villa. Be careful of the timeshare hagglers INSIDE of the store asking if they can help you find anything. They have on white shirts with a ID card hanging round their necks.
Now knowing what I can expect in terms of service & ambiance, I would return and I would recommend Cabo Azul to my clients!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo