“Wonderful vacation in Cabo Azul”
Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
california
“Wonderful vacation in Cabo Azul”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We are members of Diamond Resorts and although most of the resorts of the chain are very comfortable and homey, they are not what you would call the height of luxury, so I didn't have high expectations. So it was such a pleasant surprise to walk into such a beautiful, luxurious, well thought out resort! Amazingly spacious units, with dreamlike bedrooms, complete with all the amenities you could ever need. Our daughter fell in love with the room with a canopy and wanted to renovate her room to copy it! Lovely lighting units in the rooms, beautiful woodwork....no expense spared! Wonderful pools, with different temperatures. Beautiful restaurants....OMG! Plus the service was so good, its like they anticipate your every move!

This is Diamond resorts' crowning glory! Good job, and I hope they could maintain it! And work towards improving all the rest of the resorts in their portfolio to even maybe 3/4's as good as this!

One thing I would like to suggest (not necessary but would be of help, in case this is being read by the owners, to make the units perfect) .... some artwork on the walls? I guess it must be in the plans, as its still being completed. Oh by the way, the chapel was amazing.... made me wish I could get married all over again. Maybe on our 25th wedding anniversary....hehehe

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank tangeles
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 3 February 2014
Cabo Azul is a lovely cozy place in the heart of San Jose where impeccable service and friendly attention to detail is daily offered. We will always find a solution to your needs and will make your stay as pleasant as possible because that’s what we do best. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (471)
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am not a review writer but after spending a most amazing week at Cabo Azul I had to share. We were 3 couples. My husband and I are time share owners with DRI and this was our first time there. So keep in mind, they may ask you to attend a presentation (mostly at the concierge desk). Our only complaint was the lighting in the villas, very dim. The resort was VERY clean, plus housekeeping came twice a day! The beds are the most comfortable I've ever slept in. All staff were very pleasant and attentive. The pool staff even carried our towels for us to our chairs, setting up the sun umbrellas, bringing us drinks we ordered. There are three infinity pools each flowing into the other, each heated at a different temperature (hot, warm, cool) as well as swim up bar/restaurant Flore de Noche, and two hot tubs. If you prefer a quieter pool, there's a new adult only pool to the front of the resort. They suggest you don't swim at the beach due to the strong under tow. We walked the beach and walked in the surf. We could see small stingrays along the shore feeding on what looked like minnows. There's also a second restaurant on site, Javiers, which we were told was pricy. Having a full kitchen, we chose to eat in most days. Internet was included with our room. We sometimes had trouble with the speed but most of the time it was ok. We face timed with family back home on a daily basis. The resort also has an internet cafe next to it's "corner store/market" where you can get snacks, drinks, bread, limited fresh produce, cheese and other necessities. The resort location was a bonus! 2 or 3 restaurants (La Forchetta ??? Italian, very good), small ice cream shop, liquor store, a few clothing stores (one that actually takes Canadian money!) across the street from the resort. There is also a Mega (similar to Walmart Superstore) about a 15 min walk west from the resort. Beware of the people in white Tshirts! They work for timeshare resorts. We were very surprised at this. They will ask if you need assistance then roll into their speel. If you do decide to go to Mega you have to try the fresh salsa, guacamole, nacho chips and flat tortillas made on site. We went back for more 3 times!!! If you purchase more than you can carry back to your room, you can grab a cab for $5. A 20 min walk to the east then north of the resort brings you to some small tiendas where you can buy typical souvenirs. There is also a great authentic mexican restaurant across the street called Los Claros. Our meal there was $43 US for the six of us, including drinks! Beware of the condiments though. There are no signs indicating how spicy they are! We found out the hard way lol. We felt very safe walking around outside the resort. If you are looking for a luxurious, quiet resort, this is the place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank DMoise131
Innovate in all aspects of high end service is our daily commitment.
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity indulging you.
With best personal regards, Jean-Louis and team members
California
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Our friends have a time-share at Cabo Azul and we decided to rent a room and join them. My expectations were not very high, but this facility was a pleasant surprise. I did not expect something this nice in Baja Mexico. It was beautiful. I think portions were being renovated and updated. Three huge gorgeous pools, each one with a different temperature was a nice treat. The families enjoyed the pools and also gathering in the evening at the store for an ice cream or treat. The facility store was well stocked.
The pool staff was very attentive. I had read bad things about the beach, but none of them proved true, it too was very stunning. The kids enjoyed riding horses on the beach, which seemed to go on forever, with very few people. I had read that the southern tip of Baja was the safest location in Mexico and I have to say I never felt unsafe while there. The only complaint was with the hotel office staff. I had paid for an upgraded room with a view, our plane was delayed and they gave our room away. Though the inside of the room was nice, the only view we had was the backside of a palm tree. The staff made no attempt, despite my numerous requests to accommodate us in any way. I don’t feel we received our money’s worth when it came to the room.

Room Tip: Some rooms have beautiful views
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank PMAmundson
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
I am very pleased to learn that your stay was a special experience, just as you hoped it would be. With best personal regards, I remain. Jean-Louis and team members
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

From the time we walked into the lobby, we knew that Cabo Azul Resort was the kind of luxury and beauty we were looking for. Pierre, the concierge knows the meaning of customer service. The grounds were beautiful and our 2 bedroom ocean view villa was much more than we expected. Azul's customer service was outstanding. Thank you Cabo Azul Resort for a wonderful experience!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Tee B
We love to show our appreciation to all of our guests and exclusive vacation club members, by offering tailor made attention to detail. Cordially, Jean-Louis and Team Members
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 January 2014

We just arrived home from a trip to San Jose del Cabo. I was blown away by the opulence and luxury we enjoyed at Cabo Azul. It is truly an amazing place, one of the nicest hotels I've had the pleasure of visiting. The pools, the villas (we had a 2 bedroom villa), and the staff were beyond compare. There were several offers made for us to partake in the time share presentation. We politely declined and that was that, no problem. We ate several times at the outdoor/pool restaurant (Flor de Noche) and found the food to be delicious (especially breakfast) and the prices reasonable when compared to other places in the area. The renovations (that are almost complete) make the property a true gem. I will be returning next year and hope to bring lots of my friends.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
With best personal regards, I remain. Jean-Louis and team members
Janesville, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We recently stayed at Cabo Azul and appreciated the well kept property.
Upon our arrival we were told our villa was not ready because the people staying there before us were given a late check out time. We were told the resort was 100% booked but were later told the villas in the newly renovated area of the resort were not finished and a portion of the resort was closed for renovation. We did not see a light on in any of the villas in those areas during our stay.
We had the breakfast buffet while we waited for our villa. The selection in the buffet was minimal and the food was not hot. The service; however, was quite attentive.
Our villa was very clean and the bed was the best bed we have slept in at any hotel or resort. The pillows were perfect!
As mentioned in previous reviews, the villa was very, very dark. While I usually enjoy the Zen like feel they are going for, the darkness goes beyond that. It seemed dreary in the villa due to lack of lighting.
The bathrooms were outstanding. The showers were roomy and had great water pressure.
The Market in the resort had an excellent selection of necessacities and more. The prices were reasonable.
The thing makes Cabo Azul special is the customer service. We noticed right away every employee we encountered greeted us. This really made us feel welcome.
The pool side service was truly outstanding. A towel attendant personally accompanies you to your chaise lounge chair, folds a perfectly rolled towel and places it on your chaise.
I noticed the D of the pattern on the beach towel is faced the same direction on each chaise. When I pointed this out to the attendant (Abraham) he said, “Ah, yes I do that because it makes the pool area look neat and consistent. By placing the pattern of each towel the same direction, we achieve that”. Not only was his English understandable he was very well spoken.
I work in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition for a large hospital system. Abraham displayed a lot of the soft skills we look for in an employee and can not train.
In addition to his obvious attention to detail, Abraham worked with a sense of urgency that did not come across as rushed. He was proactive and worked well on his own. Abraham’s problem solving skills and ability to persuade customers were top notch.
We observed a woman leaving her chaise lounger with all of her personal items except the towel on the chair. A large family chose several loungers next the woman’s empty chair and eventually used the chair she had been using.
A few hours later I noticed this woman re-entering the pool area heading in the direction of the chaise she left. Before she reached the original lounger now occupied by the family, Abraham was already approaching her with fresh towels and said, “I have a nice space for you over here”.
I heard the woman responding loudly, “But that was my lounger and I want it back”. Her tone of voice did not sound happy. Abraham maintained his cheerful composure and kept her moving in the direction of a nearby chaise. The woman agreed to the new area he suggested and his actions avoided a confrontation between two guests.
Hopefully, the leadership at Cabo Azul has taken note of Abraham’s transferrable skills and is succession planning him for some type of supervisory position before another company recruits him.
We would consider returning to Cabo Azul but the lighting situation in villas makes a week long stay seem dreary.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Empressw
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Our team members are very happy to read that their service is so well appreciated. I am certain that this will serve as a source of inspiration for us to achieve higher standards of excellence. With best personal regards, Jean Louis
Phoenix
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We have vacationed at Cabo Azul 3 times in the past 3 years and have loved it each time. The staff is wonderful and will do anything for you at the drop of a hat. The new lobby and entrance is stunning. There have been many new additions to the property as they finish the rooms in the front building. There is a new pool behind the front building now, and the pools all seem to be heated.

Our favorite thing to do is spend a day near the beach in a pod. We have never had a problem getting a chair or pod by the pools or beach. The staff changes the coverings on the chairs throughout the day and every evening. Everything looks clean and pristine all of the time.

Can't wait to go back next year!

Room Tip: Best views of the ocean can be found on the higher floors. We had a pool view room this time around...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Innovate in all aspects of high end service is our daily commitment as your vacation experience should always be impeccable and memorable. We hope you had a pleasant journey back home. With best personal regards, Jean-Louis and team members
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
#13 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!