“Fantastic Resort with Exceptional Staff”
Review of Cabo Azul Resort

Cabo Azul Resort
Ranked #7 of 42 Hotels in San Jose del Cabo
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Resort with Exceptional Staff”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I would have to say that this is the best resort I have ever been to. My first reason is that the resort was beautifully decorated with great attention to detail. Secondly, this resort is in an amazing location, reason I say this is that it is not in Cabo San Lucas so you do not have all the folks walking around the resort providing for a more relaxed environment. My main reason for this resort being clearly the best is the Staff. Every morning I would wake up at 0600 to go down to the beach and PT. When I would go down in the morning there would be at least 50 staff members down by the pool cleaning, painting, maintaining the grounds, and many other various tasks. They were definitely on top of keeping the resort in top condition. Now that is not all, the staff is extremely friendly and interactive with vacationers at the resort. Alberto, one of the staffers, was a great help with everything I needed. He made my families stay at the resort much more enjoyable. Many of the other staffers were quite talkative and I had many conversations with them which I find to be generally quite rare at a large resort like such. If you ever get a chance to go to this resort do not pass it up. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
We sincerely appreciate your feedback with regards to the heartfelt hospitality, cleanliness of our resort and beach. Be assured that we make any effort to address this in order to provide our guests an enjoyable and memorable experience. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
Pembroke Pines, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Let me start by saying this place is OTH/Off the hook!!!!!!!
At night they have tiki and fire torches lit all over the place,in the pool on the walkways on the facade of the hotel,I mean everywhere.Had a 3 bedroom suite with outside jacuzzi and great views of the ocean.Great decor...Huge..Our buddy Omar / Valet took super good care of us whenever we arrived back to the hotel.
People if you don't stay here your making a huge mistake as the other places are nowhere as nice as this place and I looked at all the luxury hotels to compare.
By far 5 stars if you ask me.
I will attach a video so you can see what it looks like at night,amazing.
Enjoy my fellow advisors.

3 Thank Javier A
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
It was delightful for us to have the opportunity to indulge you and family.
With warm personal regards, Jean-Louis and Team Members
San Diego
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I stayed here with my family for 10 days. We had an amazing time. The bell staff were very professional an so helpful. Edmond, Angel and Alexander were on top of things every day. They were so friendly every time we go off property and great us by our last name making us feel at home. These guys truly know the meaning of saying yes. We needed a board game one night and they got one for us immediately.
Alberto, Rene and Marisol were great helping us out as well.
The resort is beautiful and very relaxing. We love the chairs and the bed by the ocean.
We had so much fun with the Driven to fun events and the hotel general manager even gave my 14 month old son a medal as well for "participating". We saw all the friendly faces around the resort being there for 10 days they made us feel right at home. We met the hotel manager a few times and he seems very involved in the resort and getting to know his guests. We will be back for sure and highly recommend this resort.
We are very well travelled over the world to Africa, Europe, Jamaica, Cancun, etc. and this was definitely one of the best resorts we have stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
It gives me great pleasure to learn that the service provided by or team members throughout the resort, was not only extremely professional and accommodating but they were also able to graciously anticipate your needs. Cordially, Jean-Louis
Tracy, California
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Am just getting ready to check out of this amazing resort today. We are Diamond members in the Hawaii Collection and this is by far the most well appointed resort we have stayed with in the Diamond collection. Everything about this resort is great. We had a two bedroom partial ocean view room in building 6, 4th floor. My only complaint is that the "partial ocean" view wasn't what I would call an ocean view at all. Our view was a lot of tile roofs. There was a huge storm that blew in the second morning of our visit. Most of the electricity was cut off due to the storm. This was not the resorts fault. I must add, the staff was very concientious about cleaning up the debris and getting the resort back in top notch working order. By late afternoon, we wouldn't have even noticed there had been a storm at all. We spent the day in the fabulous infinity pool and had a very enjoyable day. Great restaurants across the street from the resort. The best fine dining dinner we had was at a restaurant in downtown San Jose called Don Sanchez. The food and service there was the bomb! Also, had live music. Another great experience was the Spicy Tuna sushi restaurant across the street. Hope to return to this amazing resort again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dana M
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Our service ambassadors are honored with your visit. We all look forward for your next year’s vacation with us again. Most cordially, Jean Louis and team members
Vista, California
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is quality Resort. You see it the moment you walk in. The employees are so helpful and go out of their way to assist and get you on the right track. The room was cleaned very throughly every day. Javier's restraurant was absolutely great,
Plenty of chairs at the pool and plenty of beds on the sand to take a nap on the beach. This is not Cabo San Lucas, it is located on the Eastern tip and ia a more relaxing area. A taxi driver said this "We go to bed at 10:00pm here in San Jose, Cabo San Lucas stays up late". An easy cab drive to Cabo San Lucas.
Horses are always out on the beach to ride for a great price. A very nice Family Resort.
If I was to say something negative it would be the beach is not swimable out side of the resort. But very nice snorkle coves are a quick taxi drive away.
We really hope to be back some day soon!!

1 Thank PabloPak
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We love to share tailor made attention to detail as well as our sincere appreciation to all of our guests and exclusive vacation club members. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We have been here four times now and I can't believe that I only fall more in love with the property each time that my husband and I stay there...Not only is the place top notch --- beautiful five star resort in my eyes - but the people are amazing. Big shout out to Jonatan (front desk manager) and Dulce (concierge) who always make us feel like we are at home...LOL...but in a much more beautiful setting!!! Love being so close the little town of San Jose and golfing is top notch in this area...this last time, I found out something new...they have a Walmart downtown and the prices are simply amazing...since we have plans to go back in October of this year and February and June of next year, that will be my first stop to stock up on groceries when I get into town...love, love, love my time here and the people who work at the resort are a huge part of it - the beautiful setting and ocean right there don't hurt, either...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Norka C
Innovate in all aspects of high end service is our daily commitment.
Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity indulging you.
With best personal regards, Jean-Louis and team members
South Gate, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First time my family and I have been at this resort. We had a blast. Rooms are beautiful service was awesome all staff was so kind and nice they treated us like kings. Food and drinks were also yumilishes. My favorite cocktail was pineapple with basil. No complaints do we have. If you have the opportunity to go here you should it's beautiful and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2014
Jean Louis M, General Manager at Cabo Azul Resort, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TA following your recent stay in Cabo Azul. We are delighted to read your great review post your stay with us. Cordially, Jean-Louis and team members
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Jose del Cabo
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
Esperanza - An Auberge Resort
#2 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
ME Cabo by Melia
ME Cabo by Melia
#13 of 70 in Cabo San Lucas
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Los Cabos Beach Reso...
#8 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Re...
#5 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
One & Only Palmilla
One & Only Palmilla
#3 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive Resort & Spa
Marquis Los Cabos All-Inclusive ...
#6 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Cabo Azul Resort? Share your experiences!