Stayed here and reviewed this resort in 2010. We returned for a weeklong stay with another couple in July 2014 and stayed in a 3 br penthouse (room 7307) with an ocean view and main pool view. If you require a 2 bedroom i suggest opting for the 3 br pentohouse because you won't be disappointed (2br's that close off from living area on 1 side and 1br on the opposite side). Upon arrival we took a one way prepaid shuttle via Transcabo to the resort and arrived right before noon. We went to VIP checkin with Dulce and she was wonderful (we are owners) and our villa was already available and we were allowed to check in. The wonderful bellmen brought our bags to the room and explained everything to us again. As we walked to the villa we noticed all the things that were not there in 2010. The adult pools were nice. The additional bar near the lobby was a nice touch. And also they actually have a grand lobby now. There was plenty of loungers and pods available around the pool and also the "over the pool" beds were surprisingly available throughout our weeklong stay. The CEO of Diamond resorts, Mr. Cloobeck was on site during day 3 of our stay and we had the pleasuring of meeting him and chatting with him about the greatness of the resort. The resort mananger Jean Louis also was available to us as we let him know how great his staff was and how appreciative we were of his great hospitality. On Day 4 we experienced a nice thunderstorm and lost power from 9am until 4pm. We were told the entire beachside of the strip and all resorts along that power grid were out. The refridgerators and emergency lighting were powered during the entire power outage and Javier's served breakfast and lunch during the outage. We ventured out to the shopping center directly across from the hotel (plaza del pescador) and had food and drinks there instead. The plaza had a gloria jeans coffee shop, rock n brews restaurant, liquor store, Taco shop, sushi shop, and several other offerings. We had an issue with the icemaker not working and maintenace was up within 10 minutes replacing the icemaker, a few days later the refridgerator quit working and they brought a replacement fridge within 20 minutes. We were given a week of free wifi that allowed 3 devices to be connected. Also there is free wifi by the pool and in the lobby area that we used. We cooked dinner a few nights and caught the yellow buses to the mega for $10 pesos each and a 5 minute ride away. Each time we called for a taxi, wheelchair assistance, or any info the concierge and bellman were quick to assist and accomadate. The poolside waiters kept the food and drinks coming. My 1st stay was great but the Cabo Azul topped my last visit by leaps and bounds. Also i recommend catching a taxi on your departure to the airport (only $23 total USd for up to 4 people). Also a cab ride into Cabo san Lucas or the marina area is ($35 total USD for up to 4 ppl). Out of a week long stay and only having a refridgerator hiccup as an issue i can say this place is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Azul Resort has a truly fresh look and feel, far superior to any Cabo San Lucas resorts. Our Cabo resort and spa stands out from the standard Cabo San Lucas resorts and hotel choices in the San Jose del Cabo area with Studio, 1-bedroom, 2-bedroom, and 3-bedroom luxury villas guaranteed to pamper your mind and soul. We truly provide the luxury vacation you've been dreaming of. From the abundance of luxurious amenities to the thoughtful interior design choices, Cabo Azul Resort has labored over even the smallest of details to ensure an exceptional experience with every visit to our Cabo resort's ocean side paradise. Don't settle for anything less than the best at other Cabo resorts, find the perfect vacation at Cabo Azul Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cabo Azul Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Azul Hotel San Jose Del Cabo
- Hotel Cabo Azul
- Cabo Azul Resort Spa
- Cabo Azul Resort Los Cabos, Mexico - San Jose Del Cabo