“Perfect!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Harbour Light
Dining options: Reservations
Description: When in Hope Cove early October thisp lace was so good we went back twice more wihtin the same week
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I cannot praise The Harbour Light, its owners or the food highly enough! My treat is the crayfish salad, which is incredibly fresh, generous portion and perfect to take back down to the beach to eat. This year I intended to buy the "real strawberry jam" but instead bought the strawberry jam, the real cherry jam, 2 types of chutney, granny's marmalade and the lemon and basil dressing!!!! They have not disappointed - my fervent wish is that I could order some to be sent by post??? The service is very friendly and oh I nearly forgot, I also bought the sea salt, which is fab as a seasoning. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Ate here to celebrate my birthday, the food is simply stunning, Paul is a wonderful chef and none of us wanted the meal to end, it was just so good. Crab thermodore to start was devine, followed by Lobster thermodore, which was wonderful. Loverly atmosphere, great food and wonderful hosts.....go and enjoy a real treat 10/10

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Set in the beautiful surroundings of Hope Cove this little Restaurant is a gem
Delicious seafood and other local fare cooked to perfection
Wonderful pleasant helpful waitresses which helps when dining in style !!
Scrummy homemade deserts
Good selection of wines
There is also homemade Jams Chutneys and dressings which you can buy to take home
Highly recommended if you love shell fish ...I was spoilt for choice and that's a first !!

1  Thank kathrynj572
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Had a meal at this restaurant with a couple of friends and everything from the service to the food was excellent. The ambience was good and the prices reasonable.

We were warned before that they did not take credit cards or debit cards so not a problem.

Will definitely go back if we can persuade our friends ( Ken & Dawn) to invite us down adain

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We took friends who had never eaten in this restaurant before and they were delighted by the quality of the food, wine and service. We opened with a bottle of the Riversdale Sauvignon Blanc which was so good, we had to have another very quickly!
After opting for starters and mains, we were unable to consider deserts!

The pricing is about the same as most decent restaurants in the area (our 4 person bill with the 2 bottles of wine was £148) but the quality of the food and service is something you will not find in every restaurant in the area!