“Fantastic”

Got a photo?
Add it.
The Harbour Light
Dining options: Reservations
Description: When in Hope Cove early October thisp lace was so good we went back twice more wihtin the same week
Reviewed 8 September 2013

An absolutely fantastic restaurant with great food, friendly service and a real big welcome. The Harbour Lights was so good we dined here 3 nights during a week's stay in Hope Cove. The mussels and the monkfish were some on the best I've had anywhere in the world. The 2 ladies serving were warm, friendly friendly and professional. Our 3 meals were topped off on the final night when a broken local cashpoint meant we had no cash and were disappointed that we may not be able to enjoy our final meal at the restaurant. This was not a problem at all and we were asked to pop by with the money the following day. Try this restaurant you will not be disappointed at all !

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Lovely, well decorated fish restaurant. Delicious food, well presented.
A particularly tasty crab starter and perfectly cooked scallops.

Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have worked as a waiter in an expensive seafood restaurant for more than 15 years. Customers do complain about their order. By and large these complaints came from people who only ate at expensive restaurants on special occasions or were spending more than they would usually pay. They were more likely to be disappointed that a seasoned diner. Their expectations were very high and can be disappointed because they had made an event of the night. I understand, but that’s life !
I have only dined at The Harbour Light once (May 2013). I can’t remember what I ate but the restaurant, the food and the service were very very good and I still remember that. The owners attended our table and the chef came to see us after dinner. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone. I’m sorry for the disappointed diners, but they will get over that with time.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I cannot praise The Harbour Light, its owners or the food highly enough! My treat is the crayfish salad, which is incredibly fresh, generous portion and perfect to take back down to the beach to eat. This year I intended to buy the "real strawberry jam" but instead bought the strawberry jam, the real cherry jam, 2 types of chutney, granny's marmalade and the lemon and basil dressing!!!! They have not disappointed - my fervent wish is that I could order some to be sent by post??? The service is very friendly and oh I nearly forgot, I also bought the sea salt, which is fab as a seasoning. Thank you!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Ate here to celebrate my birthday, the food is simply stunning, Paul is a wonderful chef and none of us wanted the meal to end, it was just so good. Crab thermodore to start was devine, followed by Lobster thermodore, which was wonderful. Loverly atmosphere, great food and wonderful hosts.....go and enjoy a real treat 10/10