This modern hotel is conveniently situated, in front of the sea, and there is also a small free sand beach (not to be compared to the gorgeous beaches 30 min. away south of town). It has also a small swimming pool which is always full with children playing loud. Also positive the possibility to have lunch close to the swimming pool..
Rooms were clean though very small.
However, we have experienced too many negative points:
- to stay at the beach of the hotel you basically have to pay 10 euro per person a day per deckchair. You would expect this should be free for hotel guests!
- Breakfast is only until 9:30 - unacceptable if you are on holiday and like to sleep a bit longer.
- The cleaners made quite some noise daily early morning.
- Breakfast "italian style" therefore not enough choice of cheeses, ham and the like.
- One night there was a loud party on the beachclub right in front of the hotel (this hotel's beachclub). When we enquired about at what time it would cease (windows were booming with loud house music at 00:30 AM (! ) the person at the reception behaved _extremely rude_, telling us that "it is in their rights to hold a party if they want".
- Hotel is a good 20 min walk away from town, on a dark (and dangerous because of cars driving fast.. "italian style") street.
- The last day, added to our bill we also had to pay for their Club admittance (or membership?), a fact which had not been comunicated to us when we made our reservation.. Club admittance for them means accessing the jacuzzi on the deck, which we have never used, and the Animazione which is a team of young people trying to involve the guests of the hotel into activities.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your L'Isola di Pazze reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- L'Isola Di Pazze Torre San Giovanni, Italy - Ugento