“Nice Hotel in a Beautiful Rural Setting”

Macaroni Hill View Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Pomona B&B and Inns
Dallas, Texas
“Nice Hotel in a Beautiful Rural Setting”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

First, let me say DON'T travel the Hummingbird Highway in the dark! It's a dangerous, dark, curvy road with large potholes and no place to move off the road if you need to stop. Plus you would miss the fantastic view of the area that you will see when you travel it during the daylight.
The Macaroni Hill View Hotel is a very comfortable, clean place to stay. The staff was very nice and helpful - even being sure I got something for dinner after I arrived late. The room is simple, but clean and the bed was so comfortable. I had a wonderful breakfast up on the restaurant on the top floor and the view there was incredible. There were many birds flying around the property and adjacent properties, and a pair of green parrots flew back and forth at least a half-dozen times while I was eating. I was sorry to leave after just one night, but my travel plans took me further south into Belize.

Room Tip: Don't miss a chance to go up to the restaurant/bar area - even if you don't eat, go up for t...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
La Plata, MD
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Our large group stayed at the hotel during our week-long trip. We maybe had the smallest room for four - barely room for the 2 bunk beds and the double bed was shoved against the wall on 3 sides. The photo they show is much more spacious than our room. However, the bed was VERY comfortable, and once they got the batteries replaced in the remote (guess batteries are hard to come by), we had reliable air conditioning. The unit was high on the wall and it did blow cold air across the top bunk, but the gal in that bunk was OK with it. We only had a couple of minor issues - room temperature water for the first few days, so when the hot water did kick in, it was unexpected and I could have injured myself jumping out of it. Also, muddy dog prints in the bathroom showed that the room doors are left open at times during the day and I think that someone hung out in our room since the curtains were propped open to overlook the back, but we loved the puppy and I think there was always someone around so maybe security was not all that bad. The slats in the bunk bed kept falling out (too short) and the gal on the bottom bunk had to adjust herself between sags through the night. We weren't very confident that the top bunk wouldn't fall down onto the bottom, but it never did. The hotel is VERY much nicer than the average homes in the area and I am not going to complain because it was quite a treat to come back after being in the heat all day. The breakfast was served buffet style and was pretty nice. I enjoyed the fresh fruit each day. Bring bug spray, because the common areas are not air conditioned. There are not very many outlets in the room, so you might want to bring an extension cord. They have US-style electrical outlets. The did have free WI-FI that worked. One very good thing was that we could flush the toilet paper and each room had its own bathroom. The towel bar would not stay on the wall. But - the hosts were very friendly and all-in-all, it was MUCH nicer than I expected, since I figured it wouldn't be as good as the average US hotel (though it still wasn't, it was good in the ways that counted most).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is the best place in the whole entire world to stay!! They adopt you to be part of their family. They love you, and it has to be the hardest thing in the world to leave. I can see myself staying there every year until I die, I love them and this hotel to death!!! The rooms are always nice and clean, and the food is to die for!!!! You can't get better food anywhere in the world.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 6 August 2013

As a solo woman on my first trip to Belize, Macaroni Hill View Hotel was like going to another home. The warmth of the family and staff, made a for an amazing and memorable stay. AnnaMae made the tastiest food, her desserts were fantastic! My room was simple, nice and clean, very comfortable with the AC and ceiling fan. What really was great, were all of the adventures and tours I planned through the hotel, with one of the sons, RJ acting as the driver and planner of everything. Thanks to RJ, I spent a week cavetubing, horseback riding, snorkelling, spelunking, and also listening and learning about Belize and its fantastic people. The entire time, I didn't have to think about a thing, and just had adventures. That's what I call a great vacation! Thank you, Macaroni HIll View Hotel for a friendly, warm visit that I will never forget!

1 Thank Teena Q
Tigerville, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I loved staying at the Macaroni Hill View Hotel this summer in Belize as I served there with Kids Konnect four Jesus. I felt like I was welcomed as part of the ferguson family for a week and didnt want to leave them. I felt like I was home and I cant wait to hopefully be back. Everything was great..the company, food, rooms, etc. I would recommend it to anyone I knew coming to Belize. Thank you for everything.

Maidens, Virginia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We have stayed at the Macaroni Hill View Hotel for the past two summers as we served on a mission team in the area. We now count the Ferguson family as our own and we can't wait to go back! To call it a hotel is really an understatement. It is really more like staying with family. The room was comfortable and clean (we love room #12). Our room was cleaned daily and towels were replaced as needed. The food is amazing! AnnaMae and Shalika put so much love into everything they make. They even shared some of their secrets with us! Shalika makes some amazing milkshakes and smoothies. YUMMY! The fresh, local food is something we dream about when we aren't there. Each memeber of the family/staff takes such pride and care in what they do and they each have an area of expertise in the daily running of the hotel. We watched as they gave each guest so much attention and attended to all of their wishes. If you want to experience Belize in its truest form, you should stay at the Macaroni Hill View Hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I went to Belize on my own sort of on a whim - and I stayed at the Macaroni Hill View. I don't think I would have enjoyed myself nearly as much if I hadn't stayed at this hotel. The people who run the hotel know just about everyone, so if you want to go do something, they know a guy who can take you (usually for extremely reasonable prices too). Not exactly luxurious accommodations compared to American standards, but in my opinion everything was clean, and comfortable. The food was amazing, the people were awesome and very friendly. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone traveling to Belize who wants to experience the culture, and get off the beaten path.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pomona
Sleeping Giant Lodge
Bocawina Rainforest Resort & Adventures
Hopkins Bay Resort
Hopkins Bay Resort
#5 of 11 in Hopkins

Been to Macaroni Hill View Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!