“Great overnight stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kingwill's Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Victoria West
Kingwill's Guesthouse
“Great overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Very good accommodation for overnight road trip stay. Comfortable lodging, friendly service and really good breakfast. Rates are reasonable during peak season. No dinner provided but there are other options to self cater but limited dining options in town.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stopped over on our north from Cape Town and we arrived late but found a clean tidy room waiting for us. Lovely fresh bathroom and clean linen. Great service and hospitality. The room we got was real value for money. Great place for overnight stay. Was thrilled to see they had juice in the fridge, coffee bar and even some rusks. That personal touch makes it exceptional.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2012

Not planning to stay over till I got to Kimberley, I found myself stuck for time, as the alternative route my ipad calculated was not tarred... I quickly searched the web for spots in Victoria west, with no expectation but a bath.... But what a little treasure I found. Kingswill's guesthouse was easy to find, and held lots of little suprises.... There was a deli with many a traditional gifts, but what made my stay over worth it was the comfortable spacious room.... Although the bed did not have percile linen, in was clean and crisp, with a good quality mattress... The special touches like fresh juice and home made rusk complimentary in the room, made me feel like they planned weeks in advance to recieve me... I phoned late, arrived late but still the procedure was flawless... I had some lovely home-cooked food (bit weird the whole pay per wheight pricing system) but it was good afrikaans food, at a reasonable price... I was even accomodated with a late check-out, so I could sleep in a bit!! I learnt alot from the town in the little roomfolder, scary that I did not even know a town like this existed....

Room Tip: Put on mosquito repellant when you reach a radius of 50 km from the town... These little vampires ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Kevin-Boshoff
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

We were 4 four bikers circling the Karoo and spent one night at Kingwsill Guest House. Rooms are large, comfortable and well appointed with a flat screen TV and DSTV. The rooms have everything one needs. A nice gift shop and deli with interesting items is part of hotel, with a small pool and outdoor area filled with unique pieces. Staff were very friendly and the owner gave us lots of his time helping navigate the next days route to Nieu Bethesda. They should consider doing supper as the only restaurant in town is not so good, and I am sure Kingswill could do a better job than them.

Room Tip: Rooms are spread out over a few buildings, don't take a room in the main house as it could get n...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Steven R
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Winter: Anytime! Good stopover on the way from Kimberley to Cape Town or Garden Route.
Heater blankets, air/con-heater worked perfectly.
Also visit their coffee shop for some local specialities and breakfast. The final decision to rate it "excellent" was based on the value for money. Safe and secure!

Room Tip: Decide if you like to be next to the pool or away from it which is quieter. The layout of the cottag...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jeffreys Bay
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Only book here if you don't mind your booking being cancelled at the last minute.
I booked on Friday afternoon 16th March, 2012 to be told how lucky I was to get accommodation as they had a Photographic convention in Victoria West but they had had a cancellation due to illness. Only to be phoned ater midday on Monday19th March. 2012, by one of their staff, to say that they were cancelling my booking as another guest had decided to stay an extra day. I told this person that I had booked with Nell, the one owner and that this was not acceptable and was totally unprofessional. to which the staff member asked if I wanted to speak to the owner, to my affimative reply she said she would ask the owner to phone me.
After a few hours with still no phone call from the owner, my wife phoned and apoke to Clive, the other owner, who was totally unrepentant . Not even an apology. He did however give us the phone number of another establishment who were able to accommodate us.
Clive & Nell you will never have our business!!!!!!!!!!
Denis Langton

Room Tip: Book at Karoo Koelte they are extremely helpful.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

We needed a stopover on our drive from Johannesburg to Cape Town and found this little gem. The staff where extremely accommodating during the booking process and this was only the start of the good service. On arrival we were checked in with a minimum of fuss and taken to our extremely comfortable room. The room is tastefully furnished with a very comfortable bed. We had a family room with a double bed and 2 single beds which was perfect for our needs. The room also had a LCD TV with satellite TV at no extra cost. Breakfast is at an extra cost but they are definitely worth it. The cost was extremely reasonable and the food was delicious. There is also a small shop as part of the guesthouse which has some interesting items for sale. All in all a great place to stay and we'll definitely be using them again on our next drive to Cape Town.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family