Just come back from the Victory at Mersea. Starting off with the good things;
1) Room 6 spotless and lovely, perfect family room right next to the playground which was ideal for the children.
2) Location of hotel is excellent, right on the front, on a sunny day it is truly perfect.
3) Food quality is excellent - dinner and breakfast were 10/10, you will struggle to find better.
The bad news and it is a real shame is that there seems to be a naivety about the staff in delivering top service. A waitress came to our table to ask us when eating our main meal if everything was alright and we replied yes which it was, however she walked away empty handed leaving a dirty starter plate with two empty crisp packets and a dirty napkin on it. I also left my ipad charger in the restaurant and went back after they had cleared the table. The ipad charger was still there on the floor under the chair along with a dirty napkin that had not been cleared away. Breakfast time was also a strange affair. Coffee is served by the cup so every time you want a refill you have to ask for one when the waitress is passing, once topped up you then have to get up from your table to get the milk which is one jug for everyone. Surely your own coffee pot with your own small jug of milk would be better? You also have to go to the bar to order your breakfast, no waitress service. We also asked for a high chair at breakfast and were pointed to a corner where they were, ie, get it yourself.
I still would recommend this hotel to people as it is quite lovely but it is just a shame that the staff aren't really trained up to a top class standard. A little more training and effort would make all the difference. This review should not put people off trying this hotel and I too would like to go back one day but I hope the staff training has been improved if I do.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Victory at Mersea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Victory At Mersea Hotel Mersea Island
- Victory At Mersea Mersea Island, Essex