“good food and good staff”
Review of The Coast Inn

The Coast Inn
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, British, Pub
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
woodbridge
“good food and good staff”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I ate here three times whilst at a sailing event. My friend and I both chose the brie and bacon sandwiches from the lunchtime menu, my friend chose the baguette option and I asked for brown bread. Unfortunately the brown bread tasted like long-life supermarket bread, my fault for not picking the baguette. My husband and I ate twice in the evenings and all our meals were superb. I had the liver and bacon with mash and veg and I also had the belly pork off the specials board, in both dishes the meat was meltingly tender, the mash smooth and buttery and the veg was very good. My husband had the steak with Stilton sauce which was cooked exactly as asked and he also had the beef lasagne, also very good with tasty chips and fresh well-dressed salad. The only downside was that the portions were so big that we didn't have room for any puddings! I would highly recommend the Coast and it does get really busy so best to book on a weekend.

Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
“High standard even when busy”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My wife and I have dined several times over the last couple of years, but have not reviewed it for Tripadvisor until now. WHEN WE ARRIVED ON Monday 18TH, it was surprisingly busy for lunchtime. We were courteously greeted, and a comfortable table found for us. There was a good selection of draught beers and wines, and a comprehensive menu catering for all tastes.
The fish at the Coast Inn is exceptional, locally caught, and beautiful, generous portions. It was impossible for my wife to finish the enormous skate wing, which was very meaty and juicy.
The liver was cooked to perfection, and despite the fact that all meals are cooked to order, they were served without a long wait between courses. I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant to all foodies

1 Thank Clive V
St. John's, Antigua
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We visited this restaurant Sunday lunch time. We were over an hour early. This however was not a problem for the staff. Who promptly seated us. We ordered the chowder and potted duck to start which was very good. There were 5 in our group 3 of them ordered the cod. Which was very moist. The seafood platter was very good. The only disappointing dish was the beef lasagne, which didn't have enough seasoning. I would recommend this restaurant if you like fish.

Maldon
“Lovely Location”
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

A lovely meal sitting outside over looking the water.Will be going again! Staff helpful and very friendly.can highly recommend the fish and chips.

Visited August 2014
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Any time of day or night this is the place to go!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The food is excellent. The selection is kept limited which automatically means that the dishes are fresh and specialised. The rice pudding a must.
Sometimes just for a drink with friends, a party or a family treat The Coast Inn is perfect for most occasions! We will be back soon!

Visited August 2014