“So good !”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2014

After a terribly disappointing meal at Sutherlands in Dornoch we nearly didn't go out at all in Rosemarkie. Thankfully the wardens on the C &C club site said that Crofters was very good so we decided to give it a try. Wow ! I eat fish and fowl, the whitebait starter and Sea Beam were both cooked to perfection and so good. My partner's vegetarian food was exquisite too. When it came to afters we asked if we could have spare plates so that we could share a pud and also a cheese board. It was no trouble. Lovely atmosphere, superb setting, attentive staff and even appropriate and non intrusive music all made for a first rate night. We will go back as soon as we are in the area next. Such a pity that we live 300 miles away !

2  Thank Martyn H

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We visited the bistro during our 3 night stay at the Rosemarkie camping and caravan club site and could not have been made more welcome. The staff were very polite, enthusiastic and friendly and their knowledge regarding the food and the local area was very useful. We had prawns with chilli, white wine and herbs as a starter and my OH said it was fab, he paired this with a Happy Chappy beer from the Cromarty brewery. For mains I had the rib-eye steak with onion rings, asparagus wrapped in bacon, hand cut fries and green beans with a mushroom sauce. I have to say this steak was amongst the best I have eaten in a restaurant in the UK, and the rest of the meal was excellent too. My OH's venison stew was incredibly tasty as were the vegetables served with it, he had another Cromarty ale with this, a Hop your Cherry, he said it went really well together. Puddings! well I'm glad I didn't have a starter, it would have been a crime to miss out on the delicious sticky toffee pudding and my OH had to try the treacle tart, they were awesome, not a crumb left! Didn't eat the next day lol. The portions were very generous. The view over the water set the scene for a really great evening and we would definitely eat there again.

1  Thank kj52_10
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This is the first time we had been to Crofters since the change of ownership.
We enjoyed the Cullen Skink and I asked for half portion to leave room for the main course and this was readily agreed. Excellent soup.
We then had sea bass with new potatoes, green beans and asparagus wrapped in Parma ham. The fish was pretty good but could have been just a little fresher compared to our previous meals here.
The service was excellent, an attentive young waiter who is local and informative. Do not know if this is the same one as had bad reviews last year? If so either the customers were difficult or he has had a complete change of personality.
The location is perfect.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Just taken Mum (& Dad) for lunch here at Crofters for Mothers Day lunch & I have to say I was not disappointed - a fantastic selection of dishes are on offer, along with a fair old array of "Specials" plus a Roast of the Day as it was Sunday.
Starters - I had Duck Rillets, Mum Goats Cheese Tart & Dad the Cullen Skink all of us would have been satisfied with this but we had ordered 2 x Roast Beef, beautifully presented Roast Sirloin & Dad had Sea Bass - all was fantastic !!
You really couldn't have asked for more, we didn't go for any desserts but I'm sure they would've been equally as good.
Again a lovely lunch well worth a visit...

1  Thank Fernie50
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely lunch after our beach walk. Much higher quality of food than we expected & my cullen skink soup was excellent. Staff very friendly and keen for us to have a good experience. Wish them all the best with the Bistro!