“Stay across the street, seriously.”
Review of Parkway Inn

Parkway Inn
Westford, Massachusetts
“Stay across the street, seriously.”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here on a road trip back from Virginia based on some good reviews that we saw on yahoo. I have no idea how anyone could give this place more than 2 stars. It might be cheap, but it's not worth the money- you'd be better sleeping in your car if you're trying to save money...

The woman at the front desk was ok- not overly friendly, I would never label the place as having "great staff". She was fine. She placed us in a room that had a blue tarp on the roof. Seriously- a blue tarp on the roof. There were many blue tarps covering the roofs of multiple units. Yikes.

Our room was not in great shape- there were cracks in the walls and ceiling, the bathroom floor was so sticky from someone putting too much soap down and not cleaning in properly. The furniture was outdated and in poor shape and the ac/heating unit in the room kept shutting on and off all night no matter what temp we set it at or what fan speed we chose. It woke me up several times in the middle of the night as I had thought that we lost power.

The place was a nightmare and I would never stay there again. It is in need of some serious updating and renovation.

Room Tip: Try the Days Inn across the street- seriously.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank groovytmoney

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lumberton, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed at this place last night and sincerely believe that the good comments were written by the owners since no one in there right or sober mind could have written them. I believe that the catch is to put the guest in the dumpy handicapped room on the corner which had cigarette holes in the bed spread and hairs in the blanket. However; after complaining they gave me a room in better shape. Things got worse again when the so called wireless internet was down and according to another guest, had been for several days but they contended that it was my computer. The funny thing is that I am writing this on it and on wireless. They advertised a workout room but the roof over it has been compromised so it's been closed for an extended period of time. Finally; they advertise breakfast which includes oatmeal, orange and apple juice but no oatmeal and the juices were orange and cherry cool aid. There is mold under the sinks and stains on carpet. Unless you cannot find anything else I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: I really have no advice since from what I saw, there are no good rooms
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Hotelscrapper

Travellers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

Dagsboro, Delaware
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed over the summer for Vans Warped Tour in Camden, NJ. On arrival, we were greated by a very nice front desk lady. We needed to print out our tickets and she allowed us to use her computer to get them printed. The staff was really nice and the rooms were good quality. We had such a great time that we will be staying again this coming summer.

Room Tip: Get the rooms that looks like a mini house
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 January 2013

I stayed here for one night while in town on business. The front desk manager was very nice and friendly. I needed extra clothes hangers in my room and a staff member brought some really nice wooden hangers with clips as opposed to the cheap plastic ones. My room had a mini-fridge in it and was fairly spacious.

Unfortunately, that's about where the positives ended. The rooms are not very clean. There were stains on the floor and bed which were bad enough that I tried to only sleep on one side of the bed. The bed itself was really bad. I could feel the springs beneath me every time I sat on it. There was also a cigarette burn on the sheets even though I was in a non-smoking room. The room itself did not smell like smoke, though. There were other small things that just made the place seem run down including the bathroom fan being in serious need of WD-40, the padding on an arm chair being half ripped off, and the TV being outdated.

It is doable for a night if you're on business, I guess, but forget about bringing the family or significant other for "romance."

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure I was given a handicap room and it was on the corner of one of the buildings. It...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LuckySansei
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I made a reservation at this hotel on my mobile Hotels.com app. I booked this hotel mainly for the transportation to and from the hotel. Our flight was delayed getting into PHL and we arrived at the airport around 10pm. After booking the hotel I called for a pick up at the airport. The man answering the telephone simply answered with a "Hello?" - no greeting what-so-ever. Then he asked me about 4 times if I was the girl that had just called him (I had never called this hotel before) and arguing with me!

When he finally understood what was going on he then informed me that the van service was no longer running, nor would it be available in the morning!!! We only planned to get about 6 hours of sleep so I asked 3 cab drivers the cost of the drive and it was $45 each way!!! That was nearly the cost of the room itself.

When I tried to cancel claiming hotels.com mislead me by NOT claiming the shuttle did not run 24 hours (or even list the hours of operation) both the hotel owner and hotels.com refused to refund me the full fare.

I feel dooped and mistreated. Be wary of this very unprofessional staff and also be wary of the hotels.com site. They represent some very shady hotels.

We ended up staying at a hotel with a 24 hour shuttle for half the price and breakfast on Priceline.com.

I am still not happy.

Room Tip: Shuttle does not run 24 hours. Be sure to verify the times of operation.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank ErinBadger
Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I checked in on 12/13/2012 and paid for 2 nights. This morning I awoke to find my crackers open on my nightstand. I looked and their were cracker crumbles everywhere! Then my candy bar was torn and had marks in it. I got up and saw a mouse running back and forth across the room. Long story short, I checked out before 11am, they did refund me for the previous night and refused to refund me for tonight EVEN THOUGH I checked out and was definitely not staying. They appear to be franchise owned since 8004choice was no help stating that particular hotel does their own billing. Stay if you want to, but I will never stay at this or any choice hotel again. So disgusted

Room Tip: Don't sty here unless you don't mind rodents as guests
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank 667Kat
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 26 November 2012

Got into town really late ( ~ 1AM) and needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours. I ignored the poor reviews of the Rodeway Inn Springfield (big mistake) because it was the closest and I figured, since I only planned on being there a few hours, how bad could it be. I was advised by front desk personel that since I planned to be out early (5AM), I should get the short term stay. Payed up ($60) and signed a room agreement that clearly stated check out time was 11AM. The room was shabby (dirty/stained carpet, cigarette burn holes in beddings etc.), it was clear the Inn didn't care too much. As if the poor state of the room wasn't bad enough, at 4AM, I get a call saying I needed to get out of the room. I was taken aback by the tone of the hotel staff - to say that he was rude will be an understatement. I try explain to him that the agreement I signed clearly stated checkout was at 11AM to no avail. He insisted I needed to get out right then. It was really early and I didn't have the energy, so I conceded. I get up and start gathering my things when I get another call two minutes later. This time, he is literally yelling that I need to get out. I was dumbfounded. Never had I experienced such terrible service. I explained to him that I was getting my things together to leave to which he retorts that he had already informed me earlier and so I was aware I needed to be out. 15 minutes after the first call, I am at the front desk checking out. I was handed a check out slip to sign, a quick glance reveals that I am now being charged $90 , $30 for late check out (mind you, the nightly rate is $65 but somehow I am being charged $90 for a 3 hour stay). I refuse to sign and ask to be given a copy of the original agreement I signed that stated a rate of $60 and a check out time of 11AM. He refuses my request and states that copy was for the hotel only. I try explaining to him that what I signed represents an agreement between me and the hotel and I had a right to have a copy of it. He condescendingly retorts that he had never stayed at a hotel before so he didn't know whether my statement was true. At this point I had had enough so I just walked away. Clearly, this guy had major issues.

In summary:
- Room was in terrible state
- Hotel staff was very rude
- Without explanation I was almost conned into signing an agreement with extra charges

Note to potential customers: STAY AWAY. This place is a dump and has terrible service. Trust me, the minor savings is not worth the feeling of your skin crawling when you enter the room and the terrible service you will be subjected to.

Note to hotel management: Get rid of that front desk staff (South Asian descent - maybe indian?, middle aged, rimless glasses, face warts) and employ new staff who actually understands the concept of customer service - it makes up a significant portion of the customer's experience.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Babajide O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!