“DO NOT even think about this place”
Review of Parkway Inn

Parkway Inn
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania, United States
“DO NOT even think about this place”
Reviewed 11 June 2013

as an option for a stay, whether in the area for buisness, visiting local sites, or staying to visit family. I made that last mistake: I put my elderly (87 yrs old) father and sister up at this hotel, after doing some research, and getting a decent price for AARP discount. My daughter was graduating and this was probably going to be one of the last times my father was able to travel. SO, I get a room for them (2 Q. Bed, fridge, ect) for them, and the first full morning they are there, they come to my house to spend the day. They left the hotel by 9:15 am, & due to the activities of the day (& lousy weather) stayed at my house, through dinner, went to the graduation, did not return until after 10 PM. THEIR COOLER, FILLED WITH BEVERAGES, AS WELL AS PART OF A FATHER'S DAY GIFT WAS TAKEN FROM THEIR ROOM. When they confronted the staff in the AM, upon check out, they were told the the housekeeper had said that my father had TOLD HER TO TAKE THE ITEMS!! Which would have been REALLY hard, seeings how they NEVER SAW the HOUSEKEEPER the previous day!!!! (gone 12 + hours, remember?) OH, & when I called to ask to speak to manager, I got a very indignent, haughty, "holier than thou" attitude from the front desk lady, who offered to return the cooler...sans the items in it!!! AS IF that were all that was needed for "customer service". THE STAFF saw an elderly person, & my sister, & took advantage. I told the manager I wanted the housekeeper relieved of duty, Due to the LOVELY ATTITUDE I was met with, I'm not holding my breath. SO - FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO STAY....because what is YOURS,....is also THEIRS!! and good luck in getting anyone that works there to see it differently!!

Room Tip: Any room in another hotel will be a much better option. Lodger beware.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mary W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Shamokin, PA
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I am not one to complain, nor am I one to be picky, but this is outrageous... this is the dirtiest, scariest, and frankly rudest hotel I have EVER stayed in. Its a shame Choice HOtels name is on it. the staff is rude and uncaring. AND it should clue you in when the first thing advertised at the front desk is "NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON" (red flag?) We got to the room and it was filty. The bedspreads were stained and burned. The rug was disgusting. There was BLACK MOLD in the bathroom... HAIR in the shower... and the furniture looked like something out of a 1970's nightmare. Please, do yourself a favor... spend a little extra money and stay somewhere else... it's not worth the frustration, the headaches from the still undetermined smell in the room, and the backache from sleeping on a horrible mattress with a mattress pad that felt like a garbage bag.... I will NEVER stay here again. I will sleep in my car first.... it's cleaner.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank MedicManders

Travellers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

clifton, hights,P.a
Reviewed 16 May 2013

first time at roadway inn. It was clean and comfortable rooms. The staff was very helpful and friendly as ever.it gives you great access for exploring everything in the srounding areas like shopping, gas, dinning and more.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Illinois
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Returning to this hotel after 6 or so years , we were given a warm welcome . This hotel ticks all the boxes. Clean and comfortable rooms which have been updated since my last visit . The staff are helpful and friendly as ever . It gives you great access to the surrounding area and is a great base for exploring Springfield, PA

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Never again will I be tempted by a good rate! This hotel is a disaster. The rug in my room was stained and wet. The bedspreads were faded and stained. The telephone receiver was so dirty I had to wipe a washcloth and clean it before I could use it. Basically the hotel is a mess and should be completely leveled. Horrible experience! Additionally, the woman at the front desk is most unfriendly and actually told my son to call back when he tried to call me! She was outside using her hand-held phone when he called. I will never go back and recommend no one bother staying there. As another reviewer said, you're better off sleeping in your car.

Room Tip: No room tips.....except do not stay in any!
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank skygoddesstrish
Reviewed 29 March 2013

They have the worst customer service i ever experienced in my life the heat didn't work the bathroom had mole in it the rugs weren't secured to the floor the refrigarator door didn;t close the tissue was sitting on the sink because the tissue holder was broke the phones in the guest room didn't work so when there was a problem or concern i had to walk in the cold to speak to a receiptionist who was very rude loud unhelpful irrate very unplesant and unfriendly when i tryed to talk she cut me off several times this place needs a visit from L & I I DO NOT RECOMMEND RODEWAY INN HOTEL TO ANYONE AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COST..... and if you book thru choice hotel smh please be very careful there customer service can be bad to exspeacially the manger name Ivan if you care check out the pics that are attached as proof

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank sheta7
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 March 2013

We stayed here on a road trip back from Virginia based on some good reviews that we saw on yahoo. I have no idea how anyone could give this place more than 2 stars. It might be cheap, but it's not worth the money- you'd be better sleeping in your car if you're trying to save money...

The woman at the front desk was ok- not overly friendly, I would never label the place as having "great staff". She was fine. She placed us in a room that had a blue tarp on the roof. Seriously- a blue tarp on the roof. There were many blue tarps covering the roofs of multiple units. Yikes.

Our room was not in great shape- there were cracks in the walls and ceiling, the bathroom floor was so sticky from someone putting too much soap down and not cleaning in properly. The furniture was outdated and in poor shape and the ac/heating unit in the room kept shutting on and off all night no matter what temp we set it at or what fan speed we chose. It woke me up several times in the middle of the night as I had thought that we lost power.

The place was a nightmare and I would never stay there again. It is in need of some serious updating and renovation.

Room Tip: Try the Days Inn across the street- seriously.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank groovytmoney
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!