“BEWARE!!!”

Parkway Inn
Powder Springs, Georgia
“BEWARE!!!”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Through my 59 years, I have seen some great, good, average, poor and now "the worst" of motels. Traveling to New York we booked this motel on line. Our room had a broken syringe needle in the carport, soiled sheets and in general, mess! We could not stay no matter how low the price would be. It would not be worth the health risk!!! IF you go there, please be prepared to post pictures.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here! Don't say you were not warned.
3 Thank hahahajeanne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Alhambra, California
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I'll start with the positives...The area around the hotel is very nice. There are a few shopping centers nearby and there are plenty of good dining options as well. If you have a car, it is very easy to get to Philadelphia and the airport from here so it is very convenient.
Unfortunately, none of these things outweigh the negatives! The room that we got seemed extremely run down! There's a desk chair in the room that looks like it was found in a alley. The bathroom is disgusting. I honestly don't think it's been properly cleaned in weeks! The tub is dirty, the molding on the walls is caked in dirt. The toilet lid does not fit the tank. There's no toilet paper roll dispenser... Then there's the linens. The towels have streaks as do the white sheets on the bed. We actually had to go to the Kohls next door to buy sheets because we didn't want to sleep on the ones that were there.
I really believe that the cleaning staff could do with some training. I yet would make a world of difference in this place! There's nothing comfortable about staying in this hotel, and if this is the way Rodeway Inn cares for their patrons, I will not be staying at another one again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank glenn_isai

Travellers are raving about these Springfield - Delaware County hotels

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this place, they provide fridge , hairdryer , iron , full speed internet, i found clean and comfortable bed , great location , restaurant and other mall r near by , helpful staff ,overall i enjoy my stay at this place.

NEW CASTLE
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed two nights on 5/24-5/26 over Memorial Day weekend. The hotel is old and not updated at all. First thing we noticed was they had landscapers fixing up the outside of the property.....no one stays outside! The inside was run down and in need of some serious upgrading. The TV was from the 70's I think....big old tube type. The safety latch on the door was broke off. The bathroom was the worst I'd ever seen. The tub drain was full of hair and there was dirty black marks all over the tub. Only two towels for two guests. The little shelve was broken on one side. The shampoo and soap wasn't replaced after day one. The tiled floor was filthy, like it was never cleaned. Overall the room was not worth the cost. The bed was probably the most uncomfortable I've ever slept in. King bed with two of the smallest pillows I've ever seen in a hotel....motel....inn. The owners should upgrade the rooms or lower the price to half of what they charge. Will be back to Springfield for sure but be assured I won't be staying at this Rodeway Inn ever again.

Room Tip: Check the room your interested in before you sign the papers. That was my big mistake. If I would ha...
2 Thank RobertKNewCastle
Hampton, Virginia
Reviewed 3 May 2014

If you don't have the money to pay for a more expensive hotel, then stay at home. Very dirty rooms, holes in corners patched with paper towels to keep out rodents. Half of the outlets didn't work. Dirty on outside also. Trash never picked up. THE ABSOLUTE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED IN! Even towels were stained. Toilet tissue role had been dropped in water previously. Wifi didn't work. Lobby smelled like pee and bathroom was out of order. Just nasty!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Renita757
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Easy check in. Easy check out. Room was not the same as website photos. A/C unit was able to turn on but merely just moved the air around the room with out changing temp. Fridge did not get cool enough even with changing the setting. Bathroom was not fully cleaned. Shower had old hairs in it and soap scum on the ledges. Only one towel and one wash cloth and one floor mat... Not good for more than one person staying in room. But there were 2 rolls of one ply sandpaper toilet paper. Bed was something out of a comedy... When one person was on one side the other side shimmied and vice verse... Extremely soft on one side and like a rock on the other. No pens or paper in room. Breakfast was choice of 2 cereals, toast /bagel or a make your own waffle. Coffee regular only no decaf and OJ and water.

When I arrived I asked the woman behind the counter how far I was from the Wells Fargo Center ad how much were cabs.... She told me ... You drove here you have a car take it. I had to ask her to say it again as I thought I misheard her.

It was a last minute booking for me so it served its purpose for the night.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Office people, especially the woman manager, is extremely rude and arrogant. They try to rip you off any way they can. We were 1 hour early and she wanted to charge us $10 extra for early check in, Seriously? In the middle of our stay, she wanted to up our room charge by $20 a night because there was an event in town. So we left and went to another hotel. We are glad we did. The rooms are old and very dirty, bugs, and I question if they even wash the bedding. We were so disgusted we went to local store and bought a throw rug to lay on top of the bed and a blanket to use. When we were in office, office manager woman yelled at a customer for trying to bring a plate of eggs back to his room. She said breakfast can only be ate in their office!!

Carpets stained and worn out, everything in room worn out or broken, bathrooms disgusting. This place is disgusting and should be permanently closed.

Room Tip: None. Sleep in a tent. Would be safer, cleaner and cheaper.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank krazykatz911
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl ...
#1 of 2 in Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
SpringHill Suites Philadelphia Airport/Ridley Park

Been to Parkway Inn? Share your experiences!