“Better than Anticipated”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Reviewed 18 March 2012

This past weekend we stayed at the Days Inn in Springfield, PA. We needed a hotel close to West Chester, PA, but because the Days Inn in West Chester was closed for renovations, we opted to stay here based on recommendations from Trip Advisor. We thought it would be ok for one night and, we were pleasantly surprised considering the Days Inn chain is a low budget motel.

Upon checking in, the motel staff was very accommodating. The room had recently been renovated with new counter tops in the bathroom, new carpeting in the bedroom and new tile in the bathroom. The room was smaller than anticipated but well maintained. No extra amenities only soap, shampoo and hair conditioner. There was a hair dryer in the room but very low-end and needed to be rebooted before I could finish drying my hair. Unfortunately for me, the bed was very uncomfortable. I’m sure the mattresses were not top-of-the-line. The motel was in a good location only a few miles from the Springfield Mall and easy access to the freeway.

Considering the price and the reason for the stay, we were very pleased with our choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank azallie
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport

Reviewed 23 February 2012

The room you get arent the ones in the picture and the service was like shopping in the ghetto. They treat you like you are an inmate. The management is even worse.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank CrookedIGuy
daysspringfield, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2012

Sir, the room you booked with us was a standard king size room. All of our rooms are viewable online. When you asked my staff about the Suite with a whirlpool tub they did inform you it was in fact one of our suites and was just a different rate. The room was open that night and you would have been welcome to change rooms if you preferred.

The comments about "treating you like an inmate" & "management being worse"; I am not sure how it is you felt treated like an inmate because my staff took you towels when you asked and answered all of your questions. Also, my staff made mention when you inquired about the suite that you were nice and friendly about it, so I don't understand where the disgust comes from.

No one in management has spoken with you so I apologize if you are assuming you had. Again, no one is ever forced to stay in a room. I wouldn't work for a property that doesn't treat people kindly and with respect.

We are well aware things will go wrong at times but that doesn't mean as a business you throw your hands up in the air and give up or don't appropriately take care of someone dissatisfied. What I don't understand is why you seemingly made no attempt to let us know, so we CAN help you. It is our mission to do so, all you have to do is let us.

FOM

Reviewed 9 February 2012

They didnt have the room my g/f and I reserved. We didn't think this at the time but luckily the girl at the front desk was lazy and wouldn extend our stay and told us to do it online.(I'm glad she did that because they don't give refunds and I wouldn't of wanted to stay longer) The rats in the ceiling kept us up all night and I'm sure contributed to the nightmares we had. The room was intensly dirty. I never walked around without something on my feet. There was black stuff all over the toilet and hair in the tub. We ended up cleaning the bathroom oursleves. The corners of the room had a thick layer of gross. There was semen or hand lotion on the curtains. Some guy was screaming obsenties at people over the phone all day into the night starting around 9am and ending around 12am. Definitly won't be staying here again. Try the best western in concordville its only like 10 bucks more and is way worth it.

Room Tip: The only place in this area of PA I have enjoyed is the best western in concordville. I"ve been...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank matt d
Reviewed 3 February 2012

They are very lucky their rooms are clean, because they have outdated, TVs, and furniture. Room design door keys, door locks and catches (my door lock was stuck) It wouldn’t lock unless I pushed the door in or slammed it hard.Their wireless internet connection sucks. It was slow, poor range and requires a complicated password. I was just in a 2 hotels In Dec and January less than half an hour away and they didn’t need any password. All you had to do was simply "accept” and you were into the web just like that. It helps with you are using an internet tablet with a touch screen, don’t it?

I was reading some people on here complaining about the lack of generosity with towels so I decided to test them to see if they were telling the truth on it. Yep it’s true. I asked for a couple extra towels a few hours after I checked in and employee who looked like an asian-indian they gave me some song –and-dance about that they already “had 3" in the room. Another reviewer said it’s more like a “motel” Yep-yep ditto. We could do better for the price.

I don’t require or desire any responses from the Days Inn manager, or representative to my review on here like you did to everyone else who gave this motel a poor review.. There’s no point in trying to deny it or apologize regarding my experience. Don’t waste your time. Everything I said is true. Just update the rooms, doors, wifi, and service and then we’ll have nothing to complain about -especially those doors, I nearly hurt my shoulder trying to get my door to lock right.).

Thanks,John

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank LandAgentDunbar

As you have every right to post a review the hotel is respectfully declining your request to not respond to this. The reason why is that it is important to us as a hotel, and to you our guest, to let you know that this information is valuable to us. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay and that you had a bad experience. I want to address some of the issues;

Based on your review I contacted the wireless Internet provider to have them do a search to see if there are any issues they could find with the service they are provided based on a blind search. If we aren't made aware of a problem when a guest is here it is hard to correct once they have left. Regardless, the Internet service has been upgraded and seems to be running fantastic. We had no complaints so we did our best as an overall upgrade.

In regards to needing to use a password to get online. We have to protect our bandwidth due to our location in a suburban area, also next door to a Best Buy. I am sure you can imagine if we didn't that it would run very poorly due to capacity issues. That is why we have to use a code. We provide it to any of our guests and haven't had a complaint prior to this of it being difficult or complicated. Most people seem to understand, but regardless we are sorry it was an issue for you.

I wish you would have let us know while you were here that you had a problem with your door as I have zero way of knowing what door it was that may need servicing. All of our doors are updated and are industry standard with electronic locks. I'm not sure how else we can improve upon them at this point.

Overall, again I apologize and have been able to take some of this review and correct some would be problems. Thank you for your compliment on our clean rooms and feedback and know we have made needed changes. If you ever have any issues in the future it is important to let the staff know while you are here, so we can help.

FOM

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We usually stay at the hotels around the airport when we are up visiting family in the Philadelphia area. At the recommendation of a friend we chose to stay here at The Days Inn which is only 2 miles from our family! We are so happy we did! The staff was super friendly and the rooms are clean and affordable. Being that we were visiting family, we were really only in the room long enough to sleep, but it was still a great relief to only have a short drive back and forth in a very safe surrounding area! There are many great restaurants and shopping areas very close to the hotel! We will definitely stay at this hotel whenever we come up to visit several times a year! It sure beats the overpriced hotels near the airport, where you have to drive through “death and danger” to get to and from my family’s home.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sunnyaprildawn
Reviewed 7 December 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here the night of December 1st 2011. We were in town for a show at Tower Theater, which was about a 15 minute/$20 cab ride away. It was considerably cheaper than staying closer to the venue, so the cab ride was totally worth it. The ladies who checked us in and out were extremely friendly -- really above and beyond what you'd expect at a chain motel. Our single queen room on the ground floor was pretty small, but everything was clean, functional and comfortable. The heater started making some weird noises in the middle of the night, but thankfully it stopped pretty quickly. My boyfriend had a lot of trouble connecting to the wireless, but it wasn't clear if that was just his device, or the network itself. We didn't have a chance to check out the restaurant. I would certainly recommend this spot for anyone coming into town for a show at the Tower, who doesn't want to spend an arm and leg staying in University City.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kizzy85
Reviewed 28 October 2011

The room itself was an ok size... I definitely did not feel it was as small as some others have noted. We stayed in a room with 2 double beds. I think most places I have stayed typically have 2 queens, but this was not a surprise since it was clearly stated when we booked that it was 2 doubles. There was a small desk, which was enough room for my needs to use a laptop with a notepad next to it.

The room had a fridge, but no microwave... although I wasn't sure when we booked that we would have either, so we were happy with the fridge.

The bathroom wasn't large by any means, but it was more than suitable for our needs. Sink was outside of the bathroom itself, which was a definite plus in my situation... staying with a couple family members.

I wish the room would have had a few more electric outlets. There were only two available by the desk, and none by the nightstand. And the ones on the desk, are controlled by the light switch, which I didn't realize until I woke up to a dead cell phone battery in the morning. We were provided with a WiFi password and check in and used it quite a bit while we were there without any problems.

The room was fairly clean... the shower, sink , toilet and beds all were fine, but the carpet seemed to be in need of some deep cleaning.

Perhaps the best part for us was the location. We were on a visit to Swarthmore College and this is about 2 miles away. There are also plenty of chain restaurants in close proximity.

Since this is classified as a hotel, I would say it is average at best. I am not positive of the exact classification rules, but this is the type of place I think of as a Motel. It is two stories, but the rooms open to the outside. If you went in expecting it to be a Motel type place, you might rate it as Very Good, but then again, you might not have paid over $100 a night for a Motel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
DaysInnSpringfieldPa, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for taking time to write such a clear and precise accounting of your stay with us. While we always hope we are better then adequate we are pleased that you had a good stay with us.

In regards to the exterior corridors; we do realize that this has a bit of a “dated” aesthetic to it, but we are luckily in a very safe neighborhood. I always try to console anyone with concerns about it that it is no less safe then the interior entrances. You have the same lock system that you would otherwise and the safety level remains the same.

Our service and commitment to providing a comfortable stay to our guests is our number one priority. Again, I would like to thank you for your assessment and feedback and any improvements we can make, we will, always!

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Best Western Plus Philadelphia Airport South at Widener University
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!