“Friendly, Convenient, Affordable”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Reviewed 3 October 2012

This was our second stay this year at the Days Inn Springfield. Once again, we can say that we were very pleased with the staff and the front desk manager was extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and affordable, and are only a short distance drive from the airport and city. This is a wonderful, safe, affordable place to stay when visiting Philadelphia.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 September 2012

The room was a little small but very clean. Overall a good stay. Very friendly and helpfull staff. when we had trouble with the safe the owner came from home to fix it.He was there within an hour. I was having surgery the next day and my medication was in the safe it was great to have the owner himself come out on a sunday night to help.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 August 2012

This is an update from when I made a review last year here.

Since then I have stayed here about 4-5 times.

There were many things good and many things not good .Since my last review,not much as changed.

They seem to be less stingy with towels( they are really thin so you need a lot)- After searching the reviews here I see others complained too so perhaps they actually listened..
That’s good!.

But one thing I have noticed which is NOT good.

The rugs are brown with a pattern .When I first checked in I took my shoes off and walked around the room for literally 20 seconds before taking them off and getting into the shower… the only times I put my socks back on was to get dressed and leave.
In that short amount of time the bottom of my white socks were dark brown/ black from dirt that was on the rug,

The rest of the time I was in the room I was either in shoes, or bare feet.

They same thing happened a month earlier in a different room. And I think it happened before that too. For a minute I thought I was dreaming( maybe they were already dirty, but no.I took a white towel an i rubbed it on the floor for 1 second and the towel turned brown.I rubbed it for 5 seconds and it turned dark brown. I rubbed for a few more seconds and it turned black!

We were both VERY disgusted after seeing this! I can only imagine the germs that’s in the rug! Its just very unsanitary. The health inspector should check these rugs out,In fact,we are thinking of contacting them before someone( or someones child) gets sick.

My gf had white socks too. and she insisted they were clean before. Her soles were also black

I have been in many different hotel rooms in many different cities. This was the first time something like this ever happened.

Days inn? You really really NEED to either clear your rugs or get new ones! When was the last time these rugs were cleaned? Never?

If anyone doesn’t believe me, go walk around with clean white cotton socks for under 20 seconds( or even do the same test I did, take a white washcloth and rub it on ANY part of the rug in your room. The results will be the same. . \

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matfromdelco
Reviewed 27 July 2012

My biggest gripe, which was not the hotel's fault, was that I booked on hotwire not knowing that it was truly a "motel" with exterior entrances. This didn't sit very well with me as a single woman traveling alone. I probably wouldn't have booked this hotel had I known that. Fortunately though the neighborhood seemed safe enough and I didn't encounter the rif-raf that others have mentioned.

All the staff members I encountered were friendly - receptionist, breakfast waitress and shuttle driver. The receptionist was able to give me a non-smoking room even though for some odd reason hotwire had me booked in a smoking one.

The room was definitely dated, but for the price I paid ($67) it was what I was expecting. Had I paid $100 or more I would have been disgruntled.

After removing the gross old comforter on the bed and putting a plastic bag around the remote, I actually slept really well (I am a light sleeper normally) and woke up in a good mood, till I went into the bathroom to take a shower. They had given me a handicapped room since that was all that was left, which was fine. But the shower itself and the handicap chair for the shower were disgusting. It looked like they had not been scrubbed in quite some time, and there were hairs in the shower bottom. I wouldn't have sat directly on that handicap chair with my bare bum if someone had paid me.

In a crunch this hotel was ok. If I was ever stuck in Philly with no other options, I'd rather stay here than on the airport floor. But given a choice in the future, I'd stay at one of the on-site airport hotels instead (they were all sold old as I booked last minute).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank orangjul
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I haven't figured out why there are so few lodging choices in Delaware County. Zoning issues? Dunno, but it's a bummer that if you want to stay here, you have exactly 2 ancient motels to pick from; sadly, Media, PA options are even worse! But my in-laws live here so to keep driving to a minimum, we don't book a room in neighboring Philly. But...

We initially stayed at this property 5 years ago when it was a HOJO; it was humble but clean, the staff helpful, and the grounds very quiet. So when we booked again this Spring, I assumed the brand switch was in moniker only. How wrong I was!

First, the window unit ACs don't work very well and are FILTHY. Remove the front cover and prepare to be horrified. We switched to another room, but the AC was no different. Considering that both the double rooms and king rooms are cracker box small (Microtels are roomier), it's not like there's much space to cool. I don't mind rooms without central air/thermostats, but if kicking it old school, PLEASE clean the units from time to time, please. Asthmatics, beware.

Springfield is a really sleepy, safe, white bread kind of town --pretty darn boring. However, you'd never know that by the activity in the parking lot. Families fighting, groups partying, and suspicious activity was routine. Occasionally some local regulars will whoop it up at the on-site restaurant/bar, but the problems we saw (and heard) were with guests of the motel. The LAST place I expected to feel less than safe and not sleep due to partying/cruising vehicles was in Springfield!!

The rooms have not been updated in probably 20+ years. Prepare for box TVs, filthy remotes, old fashioned stiff poly-blend floral comforters (the type that get washed like, um, never) and broken or stained furnishings. The only thing dirtier than the AC was the coffee maker and hair dryer. The bathroom grossed me out as it was evident a true deep cleaning hadn't occurred in months and the linens had the oddest odor. Want working and accessible outlets? Forget about it. You don't want to use a curling iron, make coffee, AND charge your tablet all at the same time, do you? Banish the thought.

Considering all this, the price of our bill was shocking. But they can charge what they do because, well, see paragraph one. Oh, and ask for the Xerox copy of your ID to be returned upon check-out!!!  Due to identify theft, I am super paranoid about that and in this day and age so few properties request/retain a physical copy. Depending on which clerk you speak to, they give you a different reason why they require it.  Do I trust the staff to shred it? With so little care put into their rooms, housekeeping, and grounds, the answer is NO.

Next time we're sucking it up and just driving in from a Philly hotel. Because NEVER AGAIN.

Room Tip: Very steep stairs means unless traveling light, go with bottom floor
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I had to stay at the days inn due to an airline error but it was a great stay...clean room that had everything I needed but was a bit small. Good restaurant/bar on site plus a few shops and places to eat nearby in walking distance. All staff were pleasant and professional.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 20 July 2012

If you're stranded in Philly due to airline glitches and poor weather forecasts, as many of us were last week, you might as well stay here, but next time I'll find a place with more reliable and responsible airport shuttle service. The hotel told us it would be 30 minutes till the shuttle got us at the airport. Thirty minutes came and went. The shuttle flew by us as the driver yelled out, "full, next time!" The next time was over another halfhour later. He yelled, "Get in quick!" As he stopped at two more terminals, he crammed in another 6 passengers when there were only 3 seats left. One of the passengers was an elderly lady, and one was a girl under six. No seat belts and he literally squeezed them in. I consider this gross misconduct, but the manager didn't seem to question it when 10 people suddenly fell out of the van and piled into a lobby. Then we waited for over 30 minutes for the clerk to check in the 3 people in front of us. This seemed ridiculous, especially given that there was another employee on duty.

The room was clean, there was coffee, and the van that took us to the airport left on time with a legal number of occupants.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield - Delaware County
Courtyard Philadelphia Springfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#1 of 2 in Media
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Airport - Tinicum Blvd.
The Inn at Swarthmore
The Inn at Swarthmore
#1 of 1 in Swarthmore

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!