All reviewsroom was cleanspringfield dinerpleasant stayshampootub
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As far as Springfield is concerned, this hotel is situated quite centrally. The hotel looks nice from the outside, but is clearly dated on the inside. It's also a two-story wood-framed building, so you can hear everything from surrounding rooms and the parking lot.

For some reason, the phone would ring once every few hours in our room. This was especially disturbing at night when we were trying to sleep both nights (2am, 4am, 6am...) since it was loud and unexpected like an alarm clock.

The curtains also didn't allow for us to block out much sunlight in the mornings.

The bathtub didn't drain but this was fixed shortly after calling front desk. But it was still gross to shower before we had discovered this problem prior to getting ready to go to the office.

The staff were really nice and seemed to enjoy working there -- the only downside is that you can hear them joking around as they go from room to room outside servicing the rooms in the morning.

Needless to say, the sleep quality was terrible. And hopefully I don't have to return to this town to try another hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor if your bags are light to limit the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
daysspringfield, Front Office Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Sad69,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry you had some issues. I am not sure why your phone would ring at random times throughout the night, as we monitor all incoming phone calls. Even though we do this it does not prevent people from calling room to room or the possible mis-dialing a phone number.

I am glad to hear that the staff responded quickly to your need for assistance and were able to fix it promptly. I can assure you we never want anyone to experience an issue but when something comes up it is reassuring to know the staff is responsive and helpful.

I will speak with the housekeeping staff about keeping their conversations down especially earlier in the day, but I am grateful that you note that the staff are nice and seem happy to work here because we are!

I do hope you reconsider and give us a second chance. I can assure that this experience is vastly different then most of our guests who are very happy with their accommodations. Please let me know if and when you are traveling again and I would be glad to get you the best discount available!

Thanks for taking time to review our property and share your experience with fellow travelers, we value you your opinion and strive to improve our services everyday!

Regards,

Lori Terry
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The room was clean except for the dead bug in the soap dish in the shower. We asked for a non smoking room but they only had a smoking room with the 2 beds we needed as I was traveling with my adult son. We were only there to sleep so it was not practical to leave the hotel, it was closest to our destination. All of our clothes stunk when we left, even the ones we didn't wear.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Dear Barbara D,

I am sorry we did not have any non smoking rooms during your stay. I can understand if a smoking room is not your preference that it could lend to an unpleasant stay. The best thing you can do is book as far in advance as possible to ensure that the room type you desire is available and you will be much more comfortable.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We hope to serve you again in the future in a non smoking room!

Regards,

Lori Terry
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 5 May 2014

The Days Inn is located on crazy-busy Baltimore Pike in Springfield, PA. The price is good. The housekeeping staff works so hard. There's an airport shuttle (which is a good deal because a cab will cost you 50 bucks). If you continue west on Baltimore Pike several miles, you can enjoy the downtown of Media, PA with its restaurants and shopping. If you continue several miles beyond Media, you can visit the excellent Brandywine Museum which houses works by N.C. and Andrew Wyeth. Also you can visit the Brandywine Battlefield from the Revolutionary War.

If you're a runner, turn right out of the hotel, turn right on Leamy, and continue about a half mile down on your right to the track of the Springfield High School--a better option for running than dealing with the insane traffic of Springfield.

Also, when you make that right on Leamy, note there's a trolley stop: Take the trolley to 69th St., then get on the elevated into Philadelphia, rather than driving. The parking and driving in Philadelphia are not easy and pleasant, in my opinion.

The restaurant in the motel serves fine Italian food. The bar is a friendly local scene but plagued by loud karoke and constant sports on the TV. If you walk to the right out of the motel about one block up on the right, you can dine at the Springfield Diner--great prices, great service, perfect for breakfast, good dinners too.

The Days Inn parking lot can be loud on the weekends with people yelling and car alarms blaring, but every time in my experience, the noise tends to die down by midnight. Turn on your room's fan for some white noise to block out the rude people in the parking lot.

There's a laundry at the motel--very convenient!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 May 2014

For the money, this hotel is pretty good. The room was very clean although a little dated in the furniture department. There is a decent restaurant right on the property. This is a pretty busy area, lots of shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: On a busy road, rooms to the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My wife and I spent three nights there. The room was quiet, the bed comfortable, and the water was hot. The only complaint I had was that the towels were a bit threadbare and small. We got a fantastic deal through Priceline.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple