“OK for a quick overnight”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
JMFPEDS
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed here last month. This is the first hotel I have been in in the US which did not provide soap in the bathroom. We needed a shuttle to go to the airport for our international flight the next afternoon, and left instructions. When we came to the lobby a few minutes before we were scheduled to leave, it turns out the manager had already sent the shuttle to the airport (we later realized that he had done this only a few minutes beforehand). He then lied to us and told us the shuttle was on its way back from the airport. When the shuttle finally showed up 45 minutes later, then and only then did he inform us that he was refusing to let the shuttle take us to the airport at that time, because he wanted to wait until the next shift of workers came on. As the icing on the cake, when I complained later to corporate they told me the hotel would respond within a few days; they never did. Enough said

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
daysspringfield, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear JMFPEDS,

I did respond to your complaint once I received it the following day. We are required to contact you via your noted preference of contact, in yours email was listed. My email was sent the day after your complaint was issued. The following is a full copy of the email I sent to you on 07/03/14;

07/03/2014
*Name excluded for your privacy*

I hope this email finds you well. I first want to thank you for your feedback in regards to your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you had a bad experience. I would like to apologize for that and address some of your concerns.

You mention that when you checked in there was no soap in your room, an item that we do provide for all guests in every room, my assumption would be that it was an oversight by the housekeeping staff in that particular room. I will bring to our housekeeping managers attention your room number and date of check in so that she may speak with the staff member who was responsible for ensuring the room was ready.

You also mention another guest who asked for a toothbrush and was unable to get one. This sometimes can come up when we have a huge and unexpected influx of canceled flights from PHL International Airport. The inventory at the time may have been low and we had run out. We do our best to ensure that there is always enough for everyone in inventory but some weeks we can have several nights in a row in which we receive an unusually high amount of people from canceled flights. We do our best to make sure the inventory always meets the demands of the guests, but sometimes nature and flight cancellations make a quick and unexpected dent in a well stocked item.

In regards to your complaint about the shuttle, I was actually the person who checked you out and stored your luggage for you. If I remember correctly you went to the movies at Marple 10 that afternoon to use the extra time you had. If I am incorrect on that I apologize. I do recall explaining that the shuttle service was on demand after 2pm on the date you were leaving and that we could not guarantee a 6pm shuttle time.

Jay called me at my home about 6:30 pm to inform me that you were in the lobby waiting and said that you had been guaranteed a 6pm shuttle, which I have to politely say is not the information I had given you. I told him to send Randy as soon as he returned or have our 7pm shuttle driver take you as soon as he arrived at work no matter the time.

Jay is no longer with the company so I have no way to speak with him regarding this issue but I will ensure that Randy is given the praise that you were kind enough to bestow upon him.

We value our guests here and do not take customer service lightly. As part of the hospitality industry we know it is our job to do everything we can to go above and beyond, and to also ensure every single guest has a positive stay. We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication, and any dissatisfaction you had with us. I want you to know we strive to do our best and your concerns and feedback will be used to further remind our staff of our commitment to excellence. Again, sincere apologies and we hope one day to be able to have the pleasure of serving you again.

Lori Terry
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#1 of 2 in Media

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport

Property: Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Address: 650 Baltimore Pike, Springfield - Delaware County, PA 19064-3030
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Springfield - Delaware County
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Springfield - Delaware County
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield - Delaware County