“Horrible”

Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Phila. suburb,Pa
“Horrible”
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I booked this local hotel for my elderly parents stay over Thanksgiving. Under the window of the non smoking room, there was a large bucket half filled with disgusting water and cigarette butts from the workers at the restaurant. Each time we moved it, it was placed back.
Also, there was a dirty wash rag in between the sheets of one of the beds. The room was not touched over the three days. There was no closet in the handicapped room. Overall, a bad experience.

• Stayed November 2009
HowardJohnsonInn, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport, responded to this review, 27 December 2009
I am contacting the restaurant to ask them to move their ash trays or whatever they are using the extinguish their cigarettes to another location. I did not realize that they had put something so close to the room. I apologize for that on their behalf.

I will speak with housekeeping in regards to the condition of the room when you arrived. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so we can address and correct the issue.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Francisco
Reviewed 17 August 2009

I just started traveling recently and have stayed at various hotels/motels/inns in the Philadelphia area. My recent travels brought me to the Springfield area and I have to say that I was greatly surprised at this find. Often traveling, you look for the most convient and affordable place, which brought me to the Days Inn.

The check in process was simple, fast and very efficient. The rooms were cozy, had all that I would need-including a in room safe which was complimentry. The restaurant was excellent, I recommend the crab cakes. And there was plenty to do when I was done with my day, I was there for a week. Philadelphia is right down the way and there is also a mall close by. Basically, plenty to do. The only thing that I would recommend would be a pool and room service. The staff had plenty of menus to places that did deliever to the hotel. One of them was a local Chinese food place that was very good.

I will be staying there again, when business brings me out that way.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 23 April 2009

Note that this is now the Days Inn. Stayed here after being stranded by weather at the Philly Airport. US Air gave us a "distressed traveler" letter to use for a reduced rate--$77). The room was fine--clean and roomy enough. It has outside entrances facing the parking lot. I asked my wife if she would stay here by herself and she said no, because of the exterior entrances. The shuttle takes 15-20 minutes to/from the airport. Staff was nice. Only stayed from 10pm til 5am, so I can't comment on any other amenities.

Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Quality Inn Media
Quality Inn Media
#1 of 2 in Media

Been to Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport

Property: Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport
Address: 650 Baltimore Pike, Springfield - Delaware County, PA 19064-3030
Region: United States > Pennsylvania > Springfield - Delaware County
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Springfield - Delaware County
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Days Inn Springfield/Phil. Intl Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Springfield Hotel Springfield - Delaware County