“CONFORT PLACE TO STAY”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Morelia
Hotel Aeropuerto Morelia
Ranked #48 of 67 Hotels in Morelia
CALIFORNIA
“CONFORT PLACE TO STAY”
Reviewed 12 November 2009

these is a very nice hotel next door for the airport
the rooms have a.c. cable tv and very clean and new.
they offer free coffe and bread,they also have chips and sodas with beers for a extra cost.
if you stand outside the hotel you can see the people over at the airport.the staff speak english and one of them told me that they were going to open a resturant bar next year.
the price for the rooms are worth staying.there is nothing much closer then these hotel .

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tony092

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 6 August 2009

The room was absolutely fine, apart from being too big for one person. The hotel has no rooms for singles, only doubles. Nevertheless, I thought I would give the place a try since my flight out was at 6:30am and Morelia is 45 minutes away.

Unfortunately, although I booked by email and confirmed by phone, no one had thought to turn the air conditioner on and the room was sweltering. Instead of being able to go to bed right away at 9pm, I had to stay up for two hours until the room had cooled down (the windows don't open). Then, despite knowing I had to be up at 4:45 and despite an almost empty hotel, at 11:30 pm, the hotel staff installed a couple in the room next door to me. I had to listen to slamming doors, ringing phones, and conversations until after 1am.

Of course the radio alarm was not working. I was afraid to use earplugs in case the front desk forgot my wake up call and I did not hear my back-up phone alarm (it happens). So I had a pretty brutal 3 hours of sleep. I'll stay in Morelia next time.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank REFVancouver
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stayed recently in this Hotel during a long trip by central Mexico, we arrived late by Car from Toluca so we decided to sleep in this Hotel, and next Morning sightseeing Morelia. It's in the Airport, is new, rooms are extra big, clean and comfortable, TV cable with plenty of Chanels, excelent Air Conditioner. They also have complementary Coffe, a nescafe machine where you can make capuchino, irish cream, and other kinds of coffe, and they also have some pastries to take with your coffe for free. They have also beer 25 pesos and sodas, i don't know if sodas are also free or not.
We were very hungry and at 11pm there is nothing open nearby to eat, so the front desk staff offered to order a Pizza for us, and it was just OK.
If this Hotel were 10 kms of downtown it would be an excelent option to stay and visiting Morelia if you go by car, obviusly. It is about 25km from Morelia in a small two way road.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Pátzcuaro, Michoacán
Reviewed 15 April 2009

We stayed at the Hotel Aeropuerto Morelia twice within a week. The first occasion was to await the 3:10 a.m. arrival of my sister-in-law, the second, a week later, to be within easy range of the Airport for her 6:20 a.m. departure. Overall, this hotel functions very well.

The staff is very helpful, with English speaking receptionists on duty. The attractive rooms are spacious and clean, and have all the necessary amenities.

There are a few negatives which I should note. The westward facing rooms got a lot of heat from the sun at the time of our visit. It took us a few tries to figure out the remotely controlled air conditioning system. With the double set of curtains closed, and the AC working, the room cooled off gradually.

I'd brought a wi-fi equipped laptop, but I couldn't get any wi-fi in the room. The young, helpful desk clerk told me that the wi-fi worked only in the lobby area. Although my laptop could "see" the signal, it would not connect to the Internet. We tried every possible remedy but without success. Luckily, the laptop was more for entertainment to while away the time, not for any crucial need.

The water pressure in the shower was fine, and the water was hot, very hot.
Be careful that you adjust the temperature carefully. (In the early mornings there may be no hot water. That was the situation on our second visit.) The floor of the shower is very slippery. There is no anti-skid bath mat. Towels were nice.

Although there is the "Mexican bread" mentioned by at least two other TripAdvisor reviewers, it is mostly dreadful, stuff. The coffee may be free, but is hardly worth drinking. We brought our own food and an immersion heater with which to make instant coffee, which is actually better. The hotel supplies a nice variety of tea bags, a nice touch. Snacks and soft drinks and alcoholic beverages are available at extra cost.

We asked for extra towels and bottled water, and they were quickly brought to our room.

Above all, this hotel is a boon for air travelers who have to make an early flight. It's mostly functional and the price is reasonable. It's not at all convenient to the city of Morelia center, and has no special charm. (I'm quite puzzled by the other TA reviewer who said that they would stay at no other Morelia hotel. Except to rest after a flight or await a departure, there's nothing of interest there.)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Don C
Illinois
Reviewed 4 April 2009

This is just steps away from the airport. My sister and son were with me on this trip and we all collected our luggage and walked over to the hotel. This is the prefect place to stay when arriving or leaving on those early morning and late evening flights. There is no restaurant but they do offer mexican bread and coffee, so if the food stands at the airport are open I would advise to purchase something or call for pizza. The room was very clean and modern looking. The bathroom was very clean. Very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
chicago
Reviewed 13 March 2009

this is a great place when arriving or leaving on nasty redeye flights
simple, clean, elegant accomodation. kind, local people on front desk.
and it is very reasonably priced.
it is a 3 minute walk from the terminal.
it is also very peaceful here.
no food however, but there is complementary coffee and mexican bread at any hour
and you can dial out for a local made pizza.
i would stay here every time i came to morela

• Stayed March 2009, travelled solo
california
Reviewed 5 November 2008

I love this hotel, very clean, comforable, beautiful rooms and nice showers. I won't stay in any other hotel in Morelia, unless it's here. Specially, if you'r travelling kids, it's super clean and very close to the airport (walking distance). The staff is superb. My experience was excellent, and incredible prices (very affordable). My mom will be lodging here next week, it's been her third time staying here, and she loves it! and gets a nice sleep before flying back home..

• Liked — quality of hotel
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)