“tpc & mac”

Casona Rosa, Morelia
Ranked #1 of 49 Morelia B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I really do not know where to start as I have never stayed in such a lovely bed and breakfast. Everyone, including Rose the owner, made us feel so welcome. I have stayed in B&B's that are lovely but not comfortable. It was perfectly lovely to sit out on the terrace in the morning sipping freshly made coffee and enjoying conversation with whoever else happened out. Coming and going was easy and so close to the city center (a 2blk walk)! The decor is true to Mexico and wonderfully put together. Our room was large with a private bath as well as a private dining room! There is no reason not to visit this historic colonial Mexican city---so much to see and do. If you would like Rose will happily put together interesting and exciting tours around and about Morelia. The weather was awesome, I was told it was the rainy season(we visited end of May) but it only seemed to rain at night, the days were beautiful...Be sure and reserve in advance as there is limited space and you would not want to miss this experience or the people you could meet while staying there!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Casona Rosa, Morelia

Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I visited Morelia for the first time this month to participate in the half marathon. Our stay at Casa Rosa was one of the best experiences while in Michoacan. Rose´s hospitality makes you feel as if you are one of her relatives spending a few days in her home. You can waive hello to her as you are leaving the room, or even sit down and have breakfast with her in a given morning, it´s awesome. As a foreigner, to me, the decoration of the house and each suite depicts a true representation of a typical Mexican house- very pretty! It´s so nice that each suite has a theme; we stayed in the Frida room, which is actually two nicely decorated rooms and a private bathroom. Everything is very clean and tidy at all times. Downstairs is the dining room and kitchen, which you are able to use if you wish to prepare your own meals. We happened to arrive at a time when Rose was having a private party with her friends, we were invited to stay and enjoy the food and their company, which was very nice of her! The house is very conveniently located (only 2 blocks away from the main square). Overall, this is an excellent place to stay. The price is very reasonable and the service and hospitality is outstanding. Once you visit Morelia and this house you´ll definitely return, I fell in love with the city and with Casa Rosa (we are already planning our next visit). I´ve recommended the place to many of my close friends. I don't think there is a better place to stay than Casa Rosa. I wish there were more places like this throughout Mexico.

Room Tip: Every room is magical. Whichever one you chose will be more than excellent.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We have stayed with Rose many times at Casa Rosa, and Casona Rosa on Galeana which is fabulous and this review site addresses, over the years, but this time we stayed 2+ months at her apartment around the corner on a cross street. This is a lovely, traditionally Mexican 2 bedroom, 1 bath, fully furnished and equipped apartment home in a gated private courtyard with other Mexican homes, and affords an authentic Mexican family experience, which is what we needed to have. Very nice neighbors, in a very safe area, who could not have been more helpful and kind. The main plaza is a two block walk right out the front gate. It is perfect if you need more privacy than a hotel, but still want guidance from Rose and her staff. Your every need will be met, just ask. It has good secured internet, cable TV, a stocked kitchen to get you started, comfortable beds, and ample furnishings and appointments.

We wanted to use this location as an experimental abode for an upcoming move to Morelia and it met our expectations just fine. A lovely place to hang your hat and still look to Rose for help if you need it. You are close to everything Centro has to offer; museums, music, as well as mercados, restaurants, abundant little shops and groceries. If you are driving your vehicle, let Rose arrange for garage parking around the corner for a very fair price per month or week. Some garages are too small for a large super crew cab pick up like ours, but she will know where you can go.

At one point, I became horribly ill with a respiratory virus, on top of my asthma, and was taken to a small and very gracious hospital (La Luz) for treatment. Rose's staff knew just where to take me, and the care I received was dignified, superb, and ridiculously inexpensive. Only $56 USD for everything including Rx's and breathing treatments. The nurse and doctor were wonderful and I was turned around in record time.

Rose's properties are not easily classified as you get the personal attention of a B & B and a posada or inn, but the location and amenities of a good hotel, What sets her places apart from all others, is the feeling you get when it is time to go. YOU DON'T WANT TO! She moves heaven and earth to make you feel like part of a new magical family that you never knew existed. A place where you can't wait to come back to for TLC and new, endearing respect for Michoacan. How does she do this? Simple... it is magic, and only Rose can pull it off. You'll see. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lajollamis
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Casona Rosa was an amazing experience, we were made to feel so very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for our beautiful hostess Rosa, with her warm heart and open mind we soon became friends and shared many laughs together. Our room was so comfy and cosy, and Maria's breakfasts are to die for. All the rooms are tastefully decorated and unique. We found the location great and everything within walking distance. We had a wonderful and informative day out with Jesus. We would highly recommend Casona Rosa and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2013

At first I was nervous about travelling to Mexico with a 3 year old and 1 year old, but Rosa put my mind at ease. Rosa is a diamond in the rough, the grandmother I wish my kids had back home. She let us use her stroller for day trips and had a pack-and-play for night time. She was always available for travel advice and planning. She even helped me put my baby to sleep when nothing else worked. What I appreciate most about the hotel is that the rooms are spacious, the wifi is strong like the coffee, and the morning pastries are to die for. Casa Rosa has a charm that rivals the city of Morelia iteself.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Rose is what make this a great place. She is very friendly, and goes out of her way to help by offering suggestions and problem solving. She also has a computer she let us use. The room was nice, the bathroom a bit cramped but functional. Rose has a lot of experience in running a B&B/Inn. The price was reasonable. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Rosas house was absolutely stunning. The suite we were staying in was airy, bright and very tastefully decorated. We also had use of another separate room and an ensuite. Rosas recommendations were spot on, from things to see, to places to eat in. The location is perfect, only a few minutes walk away from the main sights. There was such a lovely atmosphere in Casa Rosa and we met some great people there. I would highly recommend this place to anyone considering visiting Morelia.

• Stayed: April 2013