Casa Baden-Powell
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$111
US$45
US$62
US$70
Travelocity
Best Western Plus Gran Hotel Morelia(Morelia)(Great Value!)
US$56
  • Restaurant
All reviewsother guestscortesinstitutunitcathedralpesos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My friend and I have been staying in Casa Baden-Powell for a week while we study Spanish at the Baden-Powell Institute around the corner. We each have a fully-equipped one-bedroom apartment with sitting room, table, desk, TV, kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. There are about 8 apartments in the building and the building is quiet and safe, a few blocks from the main street. It's conveniently located with most cultural sites of interest within easy walking distance. WIFI, outdoor patios and a lovely rooftop make this the ideal place to relax, study and explore the city. The affiliated language school is very-well organized and accommodates all levels of Spanish. (There is also an English school which adjoins it). The teachers are prepared, well-trained, energetic and very personable and helpful. I have nothing but the highest praise for both the school and the apartments.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank madge0_3
Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

The apartments at Casa Baden Powell are excellent options for a stay in Morelia. I stayed for a little over a week and enjoyed the location, kitchen and nice space to call home. From reservation to check out everyone connected with the apartments was great. I look forward to returning to these great apartments in this very safe and very beautiful city.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank aprestonlane
Reviewed 3 April 2013

We unexpectedly stumbled onto this gem of an apartment, and had no idea it was associated with the Baden-Powell Language School. This affiliation is a must to explore another time. A rarity in Mexico is a comfortable bed (I prefer softer) and enough water pressure to rinse away hair shampoo, add the convenience of a kitchenette, free WiFi and furnishings to our taste and we were delighted. It truly felt like we were staying in the little Paris of Mexico. In addition, I had unexpectedly hurt my foot before arriving to Morelia, and although this limited more robust hiking, we were well within easy walking distance to the heart of the old, historic center. Thank you Eugenio!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank snielsen21
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I'm finally getting around to my review of this casa and also the school that is affiliated.
The casa was more than adequate in both location and facilities. While I attended the excellent school for two weeks my wife, (who already speaks Spanish) explored this wonderful historic city, shopped and made awesome meals in the kitchenette within our unit.
The landlord and manager Eugenio is friendly, personable and will attend to your needs.
Enjoyed immensely.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BC_HowLin
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I recently spent 2+ weeks in Apt E at Casa Baden-Powell and can recommend it as convenient, clean, reasonably priced and safe. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you need to prepare a meal (even a blender and a molinillo!) The bed was very comfortable, and the sheets were high quality, soft cotton. The shower is the only one I've ever seen that has a stone bench to rest on as you wash! The 2nd floor patio is a lovely place to enjoy the breeze, admire the flowers and unwind at the end of the day. As another reviewer mentioned, the noise level within varies depending on one's fellow guests, but there's very little street noise, a rarity indeed in Mexico! A great place to stay that I happily recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo