“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 95 Hotels in Puebla
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
“Excellent Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Not only was the service extraordinary, but the room itself was beautiful and very spacious. Walking distance to several museums and the city center. Also, the restaurant is incredible. Ask for Carlos, the waitor. I could eat their homemade panque every day of my life. And the wine, the wine.... I wanted to buy a cask but my boyfriend said no. Good call since we were flying home.

Just make sure you print out directions in advance as its a little tough to find if you are on your own.

Finally, I'm pretty sure its haunted. My boyfriend and I both woke up in the middle of the night to bizarro noises that sounded like something was trying to open the window from the outside (we were on the 3rd floor). No matter, we would both stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Toronto, On
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Everything about Casareyna is perfect. The beautiful room, the decor, the service, the little snacks in the room each afternoon, the wonderful restaurant (both for breakfast and dinner) and the location. Highly recommend this lovely hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We came back to casareyna for a Medical congress in Puebla a couple days ago! We were lucky to find a place at this hotel which amazed us again!

Very nice service, perfect atmosphere, the most delicious mexican food we've ever tried and great and comfy rooms!

Zocalo is only 3 blocks away from it. Perfect location!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I can't stop raving about this hotel. Great location, great rooms, awesome bedding and bath, great restaurant, fantastic staff . . . and cherry on the top was the Pineda Covalin toiletry. :)
Everything was so tastefully done, there was complimentary fruit, water and candy in the room . . . socks and robes . . .
SPARKLING CLEAN!! Walking minutes away from the Zocalo.
I will definitely go back there for my next stay in beautiful Puebla.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

I stayed at Casareyna for a week and found it to be an excellent hotel overall. The rooms are handsome, comfortable and immaculate. The service is very, very good. The rates are fairly good. I had only two small problems. First, I was overcharged by 15% for the room. I realized this when I checked my bill against the e-mail they had first sent me. They recognized the error and paid me back. The second was the cost of the laundry. I sent out two washing machine loads of clothes and one shirt for dry cleaning. They charged me 1230 pesos, or about $94.
When I complained, they did not change the fee. I was told they charged per article of clothing, so each sock, for example, cost a certain amount.

I would stay at Casareyna again but I would be sure to check the bill carefully and to bring my clothes to a laundry in town.

I would stay at Casareyna again

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Heredia, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

We loved the large room with balcony and large bathroom. (I think there is only one of these room categories) Clean, comfortable and nice decor.
Cute boutique hotel -but do be aware their restaurant on the main level gets VERY busy and crowded and the noise travels very easily around this boutique hotel. It leaves hotel guests often looking for a table. We got the last table one time at breakfast because this restaurant is open to the public.

My suggestion is that they use that other side of the courtyard (Which is mainly empty) for hotel guests to enjoy breakfast so that it has more of that boutique feel.

The hotel restaurant is a major hot spot with Puebla's ladies who lunch and large groups/parties the place starts getting busy mid morning! We were unaware of this as hotel guests and felt a bit jarred by the loud morning crowd as we wake up at breakfast. The hotel seemed so busy attending to its restaurant guests- large groups that the hotel guests at the reception desk are an after thought. Something I would suggest they work on.

All in all, we loved our suite room as it was he quietest part of the hotel and the art work was lovely including Talavera pieces. I look forward to staying here again in the future.

Room Tip: Choose the suite room. There's only one. It's large and quiet away from restaurant outdoor c...