“Needs to improve IMMEDIATELY”
Review of Hotel Senorial

Hotel Senorial
Ranked #22 of 101 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I wouldn't stay here again, the staff does not know how to run a hotel, they're slow in service and they lack of a quick response for helping out guests.

For the price we payed the rooms did not have A/C, bathmats, and the amenities were really cheap.

The only pro of this hotel is the location, not even the price, for the price we payed ($150 USD the night for 3 rooms) we could find another hotel in Puebla's downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank emruve

Reviewed 13 November 2013

After a long flight I arrived in the hotel, no hot water, no Wifi, and the staff arrived 3 times between 3PM and 5PM to clean the room even after I asked them to go away while I was trying to sleep. The food in the restaurant is cold, the portions small, and the service lousy.
3 days later, the Wifi was working, that's the only positive. Impolite front desk staff. Hotel HELL ! ! !

Room Tip: Want a good room? Find another hotel ! ! !
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Caminoguitarras
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I booked this room for a friend and I during a two-night stay in Puebla on business. The price was attractive (about 800-900 pesos a night for a double), and the location was great. The room itself was also clean and nice for the price point -- I appreciated the marble sinks and dresser top, and the modern Ikea-esque furniture. Unfortunately I wouldn't stay here again, because the staff don't appear to be trained in how to run a hotel. There wasn't one overall egregious problem, just lots of little things. My key card never worked. When I checked in, the receptionist told me, "Your friend is already in the room" and would not give me a key until I called my friend and confirmed that she was not in the room. (?) When housekeeping delivered a bathmat, I decided after they left that I also wanted more blankets. But when I called the front desk, they told me, "Why didn't you tell housekeeping when they delivered the bath mat?" A request for a taxi was met with "I'm sorry, we have none available" and the receptionist did not respond when I asked "Where can I hail one nearby?" At breakfast, all the food in the buffet was cold -- at 8:30 a.m. in the morning. I've stayed in mid-range hotels in Mexico and know there are other better options than this, including in Puebla. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 February 2013

I have been to this hotel with a Mexican family and opinion first the best is that it is really close of the center. We where four and had two rooms and only paid 700 pesos. The best rooms are for sure the modern rooms. Because you also have rooms more rustic but not so good. If you can ask for a rooms in front of the churche! It's a really nice view

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Max4190
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I booked a reservation directly on the hotel website. Had two confirmations with me, as well as an email. The reservation took my credit card number. Upon arrival, I was told in Spanish that the reservation was not actually held by the credit card, and as such was dropped at 5 PM! Again, I had a confirmation number and an email. I even logged into their system with the confirmation number so that the staff could see that I made a reservation. One of the staff was nice enough to find me a room down the street (at a very noisy hotel.) The staff also referred to me as "ingles" as Spanish is my second language and I wasnt 100% proficient at 1AM! Not tourist nor American friendly. Please avoid at all costs!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank CALMT
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I stayed there during the weekend of the Mexican Independence Day (Sep. 15, 2012). I booked my room here a week before the arrival, a Contemporary room (that´s the name) with 2 doubles, I also chose this one because it´s 2 blocks away from the zocalo and cathedral (my 1st choice, Royalty Hotel was sold out), well, by the time of my arrival, they gave me a Colonial Room which I didn´t booked with one double only, we were 3 so this was not what I expected, I talked to the front desk showing my confirmation email, but they said that since they were sold out, that was the only room available, so it was that or nothing, also, front desk clerk or anyone, is kind at this property, they talk to you because they have to...thay lack the knowledge of the definition of "serve, tourism, smile, kindness, patience or education", well, so I had to hold on to that, the room wasn´t bad after all, it was clean and confy, but not for 3 people.
Also, you have to leave a deposit of $100 pesos (around $8 bucks)to get de TV remote.
The other good thing is it´s location, but that´s it.
I wouldn´t stay here again if it´s not entirely necessary.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank treepolee
Reviewed 5 July 2010

We followed some positive reports about this hotel and booked online. But left early. The service desk was helpful and friendly, but that was about it. Theincluded full breakfast was merely pan
and a surly cafe. Cooked breaky was 55 minutes in coming. Internet is only available in the foyer. Cable tv didn't include sport (ie the world cup) and loud renovations were underway thoughout.