“Excellent Service”

Courtyard by Marriott Puebla Las Animas
Ranked #44 of 103 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed 30 December 2013

The service is excellent, from front desk, restaurant to housekeeping. One time, my husband left his iPad in the restaurant, and the head waiter knocked on our door to return it. This is also close to the shopping center, in case you need anything. It's just 2 blocks away. Would stay here again given the chance.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 September 2013

There is one thing that makes the stay at the Courtyard worth: the sight of the Popocatepetl volcano. If you plan it you can get one of the corner rooms that have not only Don Goyo (popular name for the volcano) and the Iztaccíhuatl in front, but also the Malinche on the window at the right side of the bed. Follow this advice, leave the curtains open during the night and the first thing you will see early in the morning as the sun rises, is the Popocatepetl with its fumes turning into different shapes. You don't even need to get up, you can see it right from the bed. This a a regular business hotel, so nothing else deserves any mention, except the buffet breakfast which is very good. You won't need to stop for lunch after eating your first morning meal.

Room Tip: Room on the corner with a window towards the volcanos.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This is a typical business hotel located in a business area in the city of Puebla, Mexico. It is far from the historic center, where most of the tourist attractions are, including good restauraurants with typical Pueblan food. If you go to Puebla for tourism this is not your hotel. The hotel is nice, small lobby, a good restaurant with reasonable prices. Rooms are big size with all the needed accesories and furniture. No good view from any of the rooms, since the surroundings of the hotel are not nice. Good bathroom, small size though. TV with extense variaty of programs. Internet access in all rooms. Price for the room is very accesible and I think that we obtained more than what we paid for it. Rooms are quiet so you can sleep without any interruption.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Stayed here Friday thru Monday June 2-4 2012. Very nice. Clean with good electronic safe in the room. Good shower and bath, Everything looked new. Staff was nice. I had made a reservation at the Puebla Villa Florida but did not send my credit card info via email to secure the room. I will not send any email via a non-secured site. So, when I got to the Villa Florida Puebla I had to find another Hotel and I was kind of peeved. Had Villa Florida insisted I would have gotten the cc info to them. Unprofessional not for Villa Florida to have a https site.

I had remembered seeing this courtyard and they had a good price at Hotels.com. So I went there. They charged me 1,003 pesos Mexicanos a night. Villa Florida was going to charge 944 so they almost matched it.

The courtyard has a large outdoor pool and a small but adequate exercise room. I did not eat on their restaurant but there are two restauirants right next door. TOKS and VIPS across the street. Wal-mart is across the street and 40 metrs from the Hotel.

Complaints? None really. They also had 3 computers for internet use. Maybe the bed was too hard but what are you going to do? Some l;ike it hard. So, in all hionesty this was a great hotel for the price. Good service and clean and modern. No complaints really!

Room Tip: They all should be good!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack S
Reviewed 13 November 2010

I was invited as a speaker to a conference in Puebla and stayed in this hotel for 1 night.
In the afternoon, before the conference, I took a shower with lukewarm water. When I went down to the front desk, told them about this situation.
Later that night, I asked for a wake up call at 02.45 AM as I had to catch a plan in Mexico City. No wake up call was received. Good thing I had set up the alarm in my phone.
Took again a shower and experience the same water temperature.
During check out, I complained about both issues, again. If I would have had to pay for the room, I deffinitivly would have had not accepted this.
These details are basic for a Business Hotel and are unacceptable.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2007

This is an old hotel suffering some remodelation. Even when it is rather ugly in the outside, the rooms are comfortable and beautiful. We were welcomed with a free upgrade to a junior suite, and the room was rather good.
I missed however a fridge or a bar, and the TV channels were few and not very good
Two problems were realted to cleanliness: there were some Doritos beside a couch, and we feel they didn't cleaned the floor properly.
The worst part was at near checkout, when almost two hours before our checkout time we arrived to our room (our bags were still there) and discovered a maintenance guy changing the TV (it even worked fine ¿?). He didn't leave, so we couldn't even go to the bathroom and change our clothes. We feel almost as being tossed away.
The rest of the staff was polite and the food was rather good (somewhat expensive). I believe this hotel doesn't live to the expectation.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank amedina
A TripAdvisor Member
Hickory, NC
Reviewed 7 March 2006

The motel is clean and has courteous staff. However I found that the cost was above what I would expect for a hotel of this type. With taxes I paid over $170 USD per night and on top of that I had to pay about $15 USD for a 24 hour internet connection.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business