“Always crowded, filled with locals”
Review of Las Ranas

Las Ranas
Ranked #68 of 761 Restaurants in Puebla
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Description: It is located just around the corner of the street 5 de Mayo in Puebla (the most important walking street) It is 2 restaurants.. one right across the other. They specialize in tacos but they serve a few other dishes too. It is by far the best tacos in the city and I have invited friends from Greece, Norway and all over Mexico and everyone loves them so I can't understand why they aren't listed in tripadvisor yet. They are the best known tacos in the city I am sure
Reviewed 25 February 2013

The tacos arabes (typical Poblano fare) served here are cheap, huge (I could only eat one) and full of flavor. The meat is shaved off of a big roast and served in a tortilla with salsas on the side. There are actually 2 restaurants on either side of 2 Ave Poniente, so if the line is too long in one, go to the other. After you're seated, you are given an order form to fill out which is helpful for those who don't speak the language. My only complaint is that I could only eat just one.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

Went 3 times to this place when in Puebla. It is easily the best food in the world! Great atmosphere, we were made to feel very welcome each time and it was always busy. Cannot fault this place in a single way. Even 2 years after going there, we still talk about it being the No 1 place we went to while travelling.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

The service is gruff and the interior is grubby but these are the best tacos I have ever had (and I've eaten a lot of them in Mexico). The prices are dirt-cheap and the food comes fast. The Arabe taco is amazing.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Frequented by locals so not at all touristy. Good food, the Al Pastor pork was delicious. Very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

We tried this place for lunch based on the positive reviews here and in our guide book and it did not disappoint. The Tacos Arabe were delicious. We also tried it Gringo style – same pork but more of a sandwich on a bun with melted cheese.
This place is not about the atmosphere – just good simple food. Find a table and the waiter brings you a checklist and you mark what you would like and the quantity. Order arrives very quickly.
It was so good we went back later that night for dinner as well!

1  Thank HolaRick