“Great Mexicana Tipica”

Ranked #30 of 820 Restaurants in Puebla
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2013

-Food was extremely good. If you want to try typical mexican food this you cannot go wrong with this restaurant.
-Very traditional in every aspect of the word. From the building/architecture to the dishes itself.
-I don't love Mole, but theirs was delicious.

I would highly recommend for a very traditional meal. I was also recommended by locals and was accompanied by them. The locals agreed with all my comments.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were a little confused by the name at first since the food is not Chinese, but we learned that China Poblana is a semi-legendary woman of Puebla whose name also refers to a classic mexican style of dress. And that is the style worn by the life-size statue of la China Poblana that graces the lovely courtyard where the restaurant is located. The food and service matched the setting. We found the Poblano and Azteca soups tasty and well presented. Our main courses of chicken and shrimp were also great. And we truly appreciated the attentive and friendly yet respecttful service

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I went in this place first in January 2013 for a lunch and for a dinner. I said, we have to come back and stay here. We did it last May 2013, and what a great experience.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

We had brunch at La Casona de la China Poblana. The food was really delicious. I had the best omelet I've ever had in my life as my choice. Their breads are fresh and tasty. The juices are freshly squeezed. They have a wonderful menu for comida and cena as well. Top of my list for places to eat in Puebla!

Reviewed 20 April 2013

We had a totally enjoyable lunch here. The food was excellent. The ambiance delightful. The service almost too good. This was probably our best meal in Puebla, and considering the competition that is going some. It was a great place to have a relaxing afternoon meal and rest between sightseeing.