“Try the pink mole!”

Ranked #28 of 805 Restaurants in Puebla
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

This place was great for a romantic meal-- they had love trivia music and great house wine. The pink mole was amazing-- I would go back just for that. As was the appetizer plate with cheese, bean and banana quesadillas. Would definitely go again. Prices are a little higher than some other places but we thought I was worth it.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Great location and ambiance to enjoy a traditional Pueblan meal. Puebla is considered by many in Mexico to have the best mole and this restaurant is an excellent place to eat mole whether for your first or hundredth time. We also recommend the tortilla soup (Azteca), poblana soup, and the salads, though everything we sampled was good. The open air courtyard makes for an especially lovely spot in the evening when there is also music. Prices are no different between lunch and dinner menus so we would suggest going at night when the restaurant takes on a more romantic feel.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

-Food was extremely good. If you want to try typical mexican food this you cannot go wrong with this restaurant.
-Very traditional in every aspect of the word. From the building/architecture to the dishes itself.
-I don't love Mole, but theirs was delicious.

I would highly recommend for a very traditional meal. I was also recommended by locals and was accompanied by them. The locals agreed with all my comments.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were a little confused by the name at first since the food is not Chinese, but we learned that China Poblana is a semi-legendary woman of Puebla whose name also refers to a classic mexican style of dress. And that is the style worn by the life-size statue of la China Poblana that graces the lovely courtyard where the restaurant is located. The food and service matched the setting. We found the Poblano and Azteca soups tasty and well presented. Our main courses of chicken and shrimp were also great. And we truly appreciated the attentive and friendly yet respecttful service

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I went in this place first in January 2013 for a lunch and for a dinner. I said, we have to come back and stay here. We did it last May 2013, and what a great experience.