“Nice weekend scape!”

EL Sueno Hotel & Spa
Ranked #23 of 100 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We decided to run away from Mexico City and relax in "El Sueno", our weekend stay was a dream come true. The hotel has an excellent service starting from the reception, with a fresh welcome drink, food and drinks were excellent, full breakfast was included and it was great, good coffee and good fresh juices were provided! We had dinner and food was great, they accomodated our request and suggested a superb dessert. I scheduled a relaxing massage which was very well done by a small girl called Veronica, we then used the jacuzzi and relaxed in the small sun area. Our room was Miroslava the only room in the roof top terrace, its quite hike to arrive!! it is separated from the rest of rooms therfore very private and full of light... I think other rooms are prettier decorated than this, but I was fine with this because it was bright and away from the rest..... They do good martinis at the bar! Fernando provided the best service!

Room Tip: Seems like the ground floor rooms are dark.. we stayed at the Miroslava room, in the top floor (roof...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mtangulo
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Ms. Angulo, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is of great importance for us to know the opinions of our guests, because thanks to them we can improve an become better each day.
I’m really glad to hear that you enjoyed all our services, as you said we also have a great variety of Spa services, including couple treatments and temazcal.
We have 20 different suites, each one of them being differently decorated, and dedicated to different “dreamers”, women that were important for the history and culture of Mexico. Miroslava, like you said, is the only one located at our “Terraza de los Suspiros”, and that makes it very private, but remember we have another 19 suites, so I invite you to come back with us and stay in a different one so eventually you’ll know each one of them!
Thanking you once again for choosing our services, and resting at your service, I bid you farewell.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for EL Sueno Hotel & Spa

Reviewed 23 July 2014

This little hotel and spa was an absolute gem! I didn't actually stay in the hotel, but from what I could see, the rooms in this little boutique hotel looked delightful. I just went to have a spa treatment and get a massage. Which was absolute heaven! For an hour, I forgot completely where I was in the world and just did exactly what the title of the hotel says to do...I dreamt...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dominique B
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your kind words. I’m really glad you enjoyed your Spa treatment. As a small boutique hotel we aim to offer our guests the best relaxation services. Having more tan 20 different Spa treatments and services, and 20 different rooms, I would say that this goal is being achieved.
I really hope you’ll be back with us soon to enjoy another Spa treatment, but this time I hope you’ll also stay in one of our 20 different suites.
Thank you once again for your preference, and I hope I’ll see you again soon around here in the near future.
Remaining at your service, I bid you farewell.

Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough of the hotel we had such a wonderful experience that we have told everyone we know. I had not taken the opportunity to write this before however this is the best service I have ever experience.

Fantastic customer service, from the moment we stepped foot in the hotel, the front desk was phenomenal and the bellman so attentive. Restaurant food and drinks amazing as pretty much all the food in Puebla :)

We will continue to go back specifically to this hotel on every trip back to this beautiful city!

Thank you for making our stay so memorable!!

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank MB31780
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your kind words. It really is an honour to know that your stay with us met and surpassed your expectations. Our priority is to make our guests fell right at home, and comments like yours makes us see that those goal are being achieved.
I’m really glad you loved our hotel and our cuisine. Remember we also have Spa service, with more than 20 different treatments, so I really hope you’ll be back with us and try them too!
Thank you once again for having chosen us, and remember we are always awaiting for you.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The hotel is an artist themed boutique hotel with stylish rooms. The hotel is dark and small but the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. We enjoyed our stay in the Remedios Varos room for two nights. It's well situated near the Zocalo and the building itself is historical, hence the small and dark hotel. We went when it was hot so the dark and concrete building was a welcome relief. I would stay here again. The staff was helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear guest, please let me begin by thanking you for sharing your comments with us, as they serve the purpose of self-evaluating our services, and comments like yours makes us see that we are acomplishing our goal of giving only the best service.
As you said, our hotel is located near the Zocalo or Main Square, just a few blocks away. A privileged location, since we are just a few blocks away from the most important touristic attractions of the city.
I’m really glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I really hope you’ll be coming back soon. Remember we are ready to welcome you with us anytime you like.
Thanking you once again for your preference, and wishing you a great day, I bid you farewell.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Allow me to start with the only negative piece of our weekend stay as it is usually what people are looking for on here: the showers have incredible pressure and a couple of people forgot to remove the drain covers causing a bit of flooding in the bathrooms. Remember to remove the drain covers and the showers are phenomenal. Now, onto the positives of this hotel which had me reaching for my thesaurus.

El Sueno hotel is truly unique. My wife and I have stayed in a variety of hotels in Puebla ranging from the NH to La Purificadora - but the standout is hands down El Sueno. In a world of standard hotels with minor variances, it was absolutely refreshing to see a bold idea executed at such a level. We occupied a number of rooms including all of the top suites, each with its own fantastic concept. Our trip consisted of a 4 night stay during the weekend with a party of 15. While at the time, the pool was not warm enough for everyone to enjoy, sitting poolside with a bottle of wine was more than sufficient. The food throughout the weekend received nothing short of rave reviews from everyone with us and the martini bar gave all in our party the opportunity to try a variety of delicious concoctions (Highly recommend the Mezcaltinis or Horchatini made with Gin). Lastly, the service was exceptional. The staff was nothing short of superlative in their efforts and professionalism throughout the weekend.

Our group is fairly easy to please, but also very well traveled - This hotel blew all of us away.

A stay in El Sueno truly is a like taking a walk through a dream in Modern Romantic Mexico. Would recommend it to anyone, and will be staying there again in the near future hopefully.

Room Tip: Any and all of the top suites are incredible and easily worth the money, especially it you are able...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark H
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Mark, first of all I would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel as your lodging option. It is always a pleasure for us to receive groups at our hotel, and yours was not an exception.
I’m very glad you liked our hotel. As you say, all of our rooms have different styles and decorations, and each one of them is dedicated to a “Dreamer”, women that always followed their dreams, like Frida Kahlo, Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz, Remedios Varo, and many more.
Regarding your flooding problem, as you said you have to remove the drain covers before showering, but remember you only have to call to the front desk to report the problem, and we’ll fix it in a matter of minutes.
I’m glad your whole group enjoyed our hotel. It is always very encouraging to know that our guests had a great time with us. I really hope you’ll decide to visit us once more in a near future.
Remember we are here to serve you, so if you have any doubts or more comments, feel free to contact us.
Thanking you once more for your comments, and wishing you a nice day, I bid you farewell.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great location, beautiful historical building, gracious staff & very stylish . Comfortable room , quiet & dark - love it !haven't tried the spa services or restaurant but had a great night of sleep .the location is perfect close to the Zocolo . Would definitely stay here again .

Room Tip: Rooms at back of property near fountain quiet & serene .
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear guest, thank you for your comments. It is always an honor to be evaluated by our customers because this way we can know our failures and achievements.
I’m really glad you loved our hotel, as you say, it is located very close to the cathedral and zocalo. The building is an XVIII century house, also considered a World Heritage building. We kept all the old architecture, and mixed it with modern installations.
Regarding our Spa services, let me tell you we have more than 20 different treatments of pleasure and beauty, including our Temazcal. I really hope you’ll be back soon to try one of them!
To wrap things up, I want to thank you again for your preference towards us and I invite you to come visit us once again so you can try our Spa services!

Irving Miguel Camacho Arenas

Reviewed 16 February 2014

TripAdvisor says there is a free shuttle and free breakfast...not true. Nice hotel, good location. Flat screen tv and good channel selection. Bed and bathroom, water pressure and temperature all good. Restaurant looks excellent and upscale in creativity and price but did not try.

Had in my reservation said I needed wifi in the room (I was in Dolores) but there was no reception. Told receptionist but no attempt to move me to another room where it worked, no apology. Had to sit in the lobby to get my emails on my laptop whereas had hoped to do so in my room while watching the Olympics.

When the manager showed up I told him about the wifi problem. Apparently the receptionist had not told him so it's apparent communication within the team doesn't work very well or they don't care.

Used the masseuse...she was excellent. Order two hours ahead...she'll come...they have a nice massage room. She was very professional and the price was reasonable ($60). However, when I checked out at 5am and only the night person was there he knew nothing about closing out my account (room was paid when checked in so just needed to pay for the massage). It's now four days later and no bill sent by the hotel...nothing. Again...they have room for improvement.

I'd stay there again but my expectations would be lower.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
HotelPuebla, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at EL Sueno Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Dear guest, I would like to thank you for choosing us as your lodging option here at Puebla City, and also for sharing your opinions with us.
I would like to let you know that we do offer free a la carte breakfast. When you book through a third party, like Booking.com, Expedia.com, etcetera, some things might change, incluiding the free breakfast, although it is always specified in the third party's webpage. If you book directly with us, you'll always get free parking, breakfast, internet access, and all taxes included.
Regarding the wi-fi, our hotel is located at an XVIII century house, and is considered part of the World Heritage buildings here at Puebla. The walls at this XVIII century houses are very thick, and that's why sometimes the wireless conection won't reach the rooms, nevertheless, we always have the option of wired internet, you only need to ask for a solution to your problem and we'll find a way to fix it.
About your massage, I'm very glad you liked it, and I'm sorry about you not receiving your bill. But do not worry about it, I'll contact you directly and sent it to you. So rest assured about it.
To wrap things up, I'm glad you liked our hotel, and I'm sorry for the little inconveniences you found. It would be a great pleasure if you decided to come back with us one more time so you can change your "still good" perspective of us for an "excellent" perspective.