“Good Stay, but little sleep”

Holiday Inn Puebla Finsa
Ranked #30 of 100 Hotels in Puebla
Clio, Michigan
“Good Stay, but little sleep”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

From the marble floor in the lobby, to the fully tiled bathroom and showers, this place is excellent. I was fooled by the breakfast, however. The breakfast is complimentary, however if they ask if you want eggs or anything else extra, you WILL BE CHARGED.

The bed felt like plywood, with a brick pillow, so my bottle of Advil PM was very useful when it came to sleep, otherwise I had a great room. If you want a great dinner ANGUS steakhouse is built into the hotel, but you do have to walk out the door, then back into the steakhouse.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fairburn, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This hotel has been refurbished and it is very nice. While I did not like the location of the hotel because it is in an industrial district and not near anything. You must take a taxi to go from the hotel to the city portion of Puebla. The room I had was at the end of the hall close to the highway. Although, I was on the 6th floor, I felt like I was outside standing listening at the trucks go by the hotel. My room was very spacious. I had plenty of closet and storage space and the room had a safe. The bathroom was really beautiful. I recommended they put a rain shower head in the shower, that would make it really grand because the shower was so large and round. The hotel has a large pool, nice restaurant and large meeting rooms. Not too many of the staff spoke English. Steak Restaurant outside of hotel was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel are quieter. The view from these rooms if you are on the higher...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Puebla Finsa, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Maetta Y,

Thank you for leaving a comprehensive review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. I am sorry for the noise challenges you encountered during your stay. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note of your valuable comments and we will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I wish the bed had been more comfortable. The room was beautiful and huge, the bathroom is gorgeous and I really loved all the space but the bed was just so uncomfortable. Of course, like everyone else at the hotel, I was there for business with Volkswagon so this was the hotel that was recommended to me but I'll have to try a different property next time...that's how uncomfortable I was at this place. After a long day at VW, I was so looking forward to a hot shower and a bed...at least the shower part worked out. I had dinner in the restaurant - presentation was wonderful but the food just average and VERY over-priced. The staff is really friendly and I was really hoping I'd like this hotel but I just didn't sleep well.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Odenville, Alabama
Reviewed 31 August 2012

Great location for a business trip with VW involved. Only about a 10 minute taxi ride and the taxi drivers there know the drill as many stay here when coming for VW business. Make sure to have the hotel personnel get the taxi for you, that way you are pretty safe that the taxi has been to and from VW before. They were very accomodating about storing our bags and in every other way they could help us if we needed assistance.

Not one of us spoke any Spanish so the language challenges were constant. While not many of the hotel staff speak English (even, surprisingly at the front desk), you will find them very diligent in trying to help or find someone who can help if they do not understand.

This is one of the most beautiful Holiday Inns (inside) that I have stayed at. Staff is very friendly and willing to help with a smile that does seem sincere.

About 20 minute taxi ride from Puebla town so be aware if you are staying for any tourism, but I would still stay here as I felt very safe and it was very clean and secure.

There is a steak house right around the corner from the hotel entrance (attached to the hotel) in addition to the Holiday Inn's offerings of a cafe and lounge.

One thing to note is that it is close to the freeway so if you are a light sleeper the highway noise may be an issue for you although I did not notice it as a problem for me (having stayed for business close to airports etc. anyway)...... but the hotels in Puebla have similar issues with street noise I would think.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms available. Ask for a view of the volcano to get on that side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CYNDIG901
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Right in the Highway from Mexico City, but just at the exit to the mail street in Puebla, Hermanos Serdán. Upclass Holiday Inn, better than many Crowne Plaza I have been in. The only thing I can warn you is to buy some sodas before arriving. The rooms has a servibar but emply, and the store that sells things in the hotel was out of sodas. No vending machine which is unbelievable. Internet free, but did not work at 100%.. Free breakfast and with many choices at the executive floor, 5 or 6.

Room Tip: Floors 5 and 6, executive floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ETame
State of Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Receptionists and restaurant/bar staff are very helpful.
The room are comfortable, the pool / steam room / gym areas are quite good plus there is as amazing view of the volcano Popocatepetl and Iztaczihuatl. Ask for a room facing the right side.
As you can expect at a hotel next to a highway without double glazzing, it´s a little noisy but nothing terrible.
The breakfast is a bit disappointing and way expensive for what it is. Enen though the staff is very good it´s not worth it. Go have breakfast somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank PersonWhoJourneys
Reviewed 2 December 2011

The hotel is right next highway which is very noisy all the time. This hotel really needs sound proof windows.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business