“intriguing...!”
Review of La Purificadora

La Purificadora
Ranked #35 of 106 Hotels in Puebla
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is clearly one of Puebla's gems! A very interesting project itself, a paradigm of urban rejuvenation and a mix of eclectic trends of 150 years of city architecture.
We did not stay in the hotel, had a dinner in its gourmet a la carte restaurant though. Food was good, but the ambience (and the service) was exceptional.
The roof garden bar is a must, with excellent views of Puebla catedral. The tiny pool is an amazing idea, even though we had not have the chance to swim.
Definitely a highlight of Puebla!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Dear Jim,
Thank you for sharing such a positive feedback with us all, as it pushes the whole team to keep with the hard work. It is a pleasure for us hearing that your dining experience was so memorable and that you were also able to enjoy our stunning bar, the great views and trendy architecture by Ricardo Legorreta. Please do not visit Puebla again without giving us the opportunity to be your home and cater your every need while you stay in one of our spectacular rooms.
Let me know about your future plans so that we can make the proper arrangements.
Regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place is an architectural wonder, in a perfect location to see everything in Puebla. The rooms are quite large and beautiful (definitely get one with a balcony), with one of the world's most comfortable beds. The public areas are astounding, and the restaurant is a lovely place to start each day, with a filling, unhurried breakfast. The staff are kind and relaxed, keeping out of the way except when you need them. Special note should be made of the incredibly hard-working cleaning staff - the building is filled with glass, onyx, and slate, none of which are easy to keep looking their best.

Overall, I can't imagine choosing to stay elsewhere. Like all of Grupo Habita's hotels in Mexico, this is a unique and tranquil hotel, attracting locals and tourists alike. After wanting to come here for years, I am thrilled that I finally made it, and was not at all disappointed.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms, which cost more, feature a floor to ceiling door onto the private terrace. Sleep...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SamNYC1
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2014

Dear SamNYC1,

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests enjoy their experience in La Purificadora as much as we enjoy being able to host them. Thank you for noticing the hard work of our housekeeping staff that is indeed, as you mention, very intricate considering our eye popping and high maintenance materials: I will personally delivery your comment to our team. I will be a great honor being your home again during your next visit to Puebla. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We came here for a special meal on a special occasion and it was superb. The decor is great, the service excellent and the meal wonderful. Thoroughly recommended it you would like a guaranteed good meal in Pueblo.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

Dear Geoff,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Everyone in our team is constantly seeking for new flavors and unique dining experiences for our guests, and I am glad you truly enjoyed yours. I will make sure our Chef receives your feedback and I hope to see you again soon; hopefully you will enjoy one of our spectacular rooms too.

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

La Purificadora is a great boutique option with good design, architecture, service, and food. The pool was in a great location and the lobby area at night was a great meeting place with fire rings. We went with 2 kids and it was perfect, but the hotel is more geared towards adults a families.

Stayed: April 2014
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Dear Becky,
We are glad you and your precious family enjoyed your stay at La Purificadora, it was a great pleasure for us being your home in Puebla. The fire rings in our Lobby are indeed a great meeting place and the perfect spot for enjoying the view on San Francisco’s Church; it’s great to hear that you did like it.
We really hope to see you all again soon. Please let me know whenever you plan to visit Puebla again so that we can make the proper arrangements.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

The architecture is fantastic and the hotel couldn't be in a better location, however I didn't like that my car had to stay outside in the street. I recommend staying at the rooms with balcony but have to admit, I was expecting a better view than that of a government office. The shower was a little tricky and would suggest an adjustment (room u). On Sunday I went to the pool, but it looked a little dirty as well as the furniture (couches were stained, I asume from the wedding on the night before). Food was good, although I would suggest to include breakfast in the rate.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Mariana,
It was a pleasure having you during your last visit to Puebla. Thank you for sharing your thoughts; it is very important for everyone at La Purificadora to know if there is an opportunity to improve our guests’ experience in any way. We have specifically worked in the shower of room U and it is now fully repaired, thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am also pleased to let you know that our pool and Terrace area has been recently renewed for our guests’ enjoyment.
On your next visit to Puebla please do not hesitate contacting me and I will personally make sure that breakfast is included in your rate and that you wake up to a spectacular view of our gardens.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I spent Saturday night March 8 in Room D. Valet parking and check in was good. Room was fine, a bit funky with clear closet. As with all Habita hotels, things are designed to look nice, not be practical. Worse is the bathroom. When you take a shower in the glass cube, the adjoinig glass cube with the toilet gets flooded. I guess they took the phone out to avoid electrocution (see photo), as well as the floor in front of sink and closet. In general hotel lacks cleanliness and maintenance. The upstairs pool is clearly a design marvel but is worn out and damaged. When we went to swim at 8:45 am on Sunday, the pool was being cleaned and the pool attendant could not care less. We saw the same reaction to a disappointed family minutes later. We never did swim. When we went for breakfast, milk in our area and one of two napkins were missing. We realized someon sat there before. Waiter saw me take a napkin from another table and switch for milk that was full and he could not care less. That summarizes service. Other hotels are nicer, cheaper and better located. I was looking forward to La Purificadora but it was not worth the extra effort.

Room Tip: Tacky events take place in lobby area, turn on air conditioner to drown out the sound.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happy_on_the_road
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Welcome Happy_on_the_road
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us at La Purificadora. We truly appreciate all of our guests feedback as it often times pinpoints areas of needed focus. I will share your review with the leadership team. Thank you so much for bringing all of these concerns to our attention.
I hope you can give us another opportunity soon.
We look forward to your return!
Francisco De La Hoz Foglia.
General Manager.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 20 days as a group. We had occupied most part of the rooms.

The ambiance is good. As I understand, as the name states, the hotel is built out of an old water purification plant. The exteriors of the hotel carry rustic old world charm and the interiors are modern. The best of them are the glass bottom staircase, glass bottom lift lobby, giving you an illusion.

The stay was comfortable. Typical of a down town hotel, the place could become noisy when there are convention happening next door or music concerts accorss the street. The hotel's bar as well plays loud music at times, which could be an hindrance if you are early to bed types.

The staff were friendly and courteous, happy to help with a smile always. They had accommodated our requests to customize food to match the Indian taste buds. We were there during Cinco de Mayo, the hotel staff helped in getting a viewing spot for the famous parade and even supplied us with chilled water bottles to beat the heat.

The fire place in the hotel is great.. we had a great time around the fire place and the terrace most of the evenings

The best part of this hotel is its location, being in the middle of Historic Town of Puebla, you can visit most places of interest by walk.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the adjacent part with balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Francisco D, Gerente at La Purificadora, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear KKS21
On behalf of the whole team at La Purificadora, I would like to thank you for both staying with us during your visit to Puebla and being kind enough to share your experience and thoughts. The hotel was indeed built where a water purification plant used to operate around 1880 and underwent and intense remodeling process by renewed Mexican architect Ricardo Legorreta, resulting in the stunning property we have the honor to work in and enjoy every day.
Thank you for your comments on the noise problems, I do apologize for this issue and I will be having a conversation with the team as the comfort and rest of our guest is our number one priority.
On your next visit to Puebla it would be a great pleasure for us to be your home again and cater your every need for yet another great experience, so please do not hesitate contacting me.