“Full English full value”
Review of Bluebird Cafe

Bluebird Cafe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: http://www.classiccafes.co.uk/Seaside.html Its named one of the classic seaside cafe's in the UK.
Clanfield, United Kingdom
“Full English full value”
Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

Visited for breakfast 9:30 am. Quite busy with a mix of workers, cyclists, mums with kids and pensioners. Service efficient and food delivered within 10 mins of order. Wide Range of food with 3 sizes of breakfast from £5 to £8. We had the small and the medium ones with tea/coffee. Both were delicious although next time will opt for toast rather than fried bread which although very tasty is a bit much for my constitution these days. Excellent views across the Solent to isle of Wight and on a fine day you can sit outside and enjoy the sea air!!
All in all good value and a delightful location with free parking along the promenade close by!!

Gosport, United Kingdom
“Basic Cafe with Good Food”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful and service was quick. I had the small breakfast which was very fresh and tasted good. Great value for money.

• Visited January 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“great ice cream but poor breakfast”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

In summer this is great for ice cream but having eaten breakfast there, I wouldn't recommend it. The tea is served from an urn so is very stewed.
The sausages were deep fried and the bacon very fatty. More like a truck stop cafe than a seafront watering hole. Disappointed

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank glymps
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

I've come here a few ties and have enjoyed the food, but last time I visited I was unhappy with what I was served and saw.

I can't eat runny eggs, so for a change instead of having scrambled egg I thought I would have hard eggs, well they were sure hard!!!!! They could have been used as paper weights. My mushrooms were burn't it just all looked like it had been cooked up a week ago and heated in the microwave.

But what's shocked me more was the women that was doing the cooking was wearing bright red nail varnish and hair hanging down. Something I know is a big no no in catering! I know it's a greasy cafe but please have a little pride in what you serve!

1 Thank Trins78
Gosport, England, United Kingdom
“It is what it is, a cafe, clean, good food and consistent”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

You turn up, order, eat and go and the food will fill you up.

If you want a decent breakfast this is the place to go. I cannot comment on anything else on the menu, I have been using this place for 20 yrs and only ever had a breakfast.

• Visited October 2013