“Fantastic, friendly and great value for money”
Review of The Fox Inn

The Fox Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Matching Tye B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Have just got to say what a wonderful time we have had whilst dining at The Fox. The staff and food was excellent. We have two young children and they can be particularly fussy but nothing was too much trouble when it came to ordering their food. The service was excellent, the waitress attentive and food delicious. Your deserts are to die for! We will definately be returning.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AmesChelmsfordEssex
LGCford, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for your kind comments following your visit to The Fox Inn. We really appreciate getting feedback and I'm pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your meal here. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Very best wishes from Liz and All at The Fox Inn.

There are newer reviews for The Fox Inn

Reviewed 17 October 2012

Went to the Fox for Sunday lunch, after 15 minutes the waitress arrived to take our order, she was vague as to what the Vegetables were. An hour later one of our party asked how long our order would be, suddenly out they came, all but one, warm and looking very unappetising. we spoke about sending them back but couldn't bear to wait any longer. At no time did any staff come to the table to make sure the meals were to our satisfaction. I may add that there was an add in the window stating that there was a vacancy for a chef. I should have taken more notice of this, I'll never go back. Save your money go somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
LGCford, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2012

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience of The Fox Inn. As I explained to your friend who wrote the review below, we take customer service very seriously and as such I am incredibly disappointed that clearly having had such a terrible experience, you didn't feel more compelled to speak to myself or another senior member of staff on the day so that I could have rectified the issues you had.
It is now impossible for me to even try to make things better for you.
Our waiting staff are trained to check back with tables and it is clear that on this occasion due to an unusually busy period that this did not happen for which I apologise, unfortunately running a restaurant doesn't always go as smoothly as both you and I would hope.
However, I do know that our staff are always very visible and present in the restaurant and so I would have hoped that you could have approached one of them or indeed myself in order to resolve the issues you had.
I would like to mention that the fact we were advertising for a chef on the day had absolutely no bearing on your experience. I do hope that you would consider returning and in future please do voice your concerns (wherever you choose to eat) so that the owners and managers have an opportunity to make a difference.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

We visited the Fox in for Sunday lunch before a visit to Down Hall- the food arrived after at wait of 45min. It was Luke warm and the vegetables were under cooked! I like my veg aldenti but these were raw!

At no time throughout our lunch did the waitress show any interest in asking if we needed anything like condiments or drinks,etc The 6 people I was dinning with all but 1 left their food saying it was Inedible - we will not be returning to the Fox in as it fell well bellow standard for both meal standard and quality of service. My friend did speak to 2 members of staff to voice his concerns but just got a shrugged shoulder response !!

• Stayed: October 2012
LGCford, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent visit to The Fox Inn. Naturally I'm extremely disappointed that this was your experience as you can see from the other reviews here, we and the staff work hard to ensure that our customers enjoy their time with us.

Customer service is incredibly important to us and we train our waiting staff to check back with tables to resolve any such issues with food as personal tastes do differ. We were incredibly busy this particular lunchtime not only with bookings but also with an unusually large number of walk-ins and so if they did not check back with you I can only apologise and will be discussing this matter with them this week.

We aim to offer a relaxed and informal dining experience at The Fox Inn and we usually find that customers are happy to come to the bar for their drinks. If asked, then the waiting staff will always happily take an order from you at the table.

Mostly I am disappointed that none of this was bought to my attention on the day when I could have tried to resolve these issues for you. This is also something that I will be discussing with the team in due course.

I appreciate that on this occasion we did not live up to your expectations, however I do hope that you change your mind and will consider coming back to us again in the future as I can assure you that your experience this weekend is most certainly not the norm.

Best wishes,
Liz Gibson

Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is my second time at The Fox Inn and I'm more than impressed. I received a lovely welcome and a clean, modern comfortable room in the area behind the pub. Sounds funny to have a room behind the pub but they are peaceful comfortable and have everything you need. I ate in the restaurant again this evening and the meal had a proper homemade feel. They even packaged me up a creme brûlée to take back to my room and let me say it was beautiful. I've stayed many times in down hall but the service, food and value here is 100 percent better. If you're reading this and looking for a decent hotel, give the fox a try, you'll be pleasantly surprised

• Stayed: October 2012
LGCford, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Hi,
Thanks for your recent review of your stay at The Fox Inn, I will certainly pass on your feedback regarding the food to our chefs! It's so important to us that our guests are made to feel welcome so I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, in particular the creme brulee (one of my personal favourites!) and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

Stayed at the fox on business for many nights. Couldn't fault the bedrooms & bathrooms clean & well maintained although room 5 bathroom door jammed. The pub was welcoming with lovely staff and fantastic home cooked food. Beers & Ales were well looked after. But be warned, sadly in the summer the midgies are about in the beer garden. Would I stay again - absolutely.

• Stayed: July 2012
Liz G, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Hi
Thanks for your review, I will get the bathroom door on room 5 looked at so that it doesn't jam in future. Unfortunately the price we pay for our lovely countryside setting is having to put up with the midges especially when the local farms are gathering their crops! I do hope you have the chance to visit us again, with best wishes from all at The Fox Inn.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

i stop at the fox on a regular basis rooms are allways spotless food is exellent staff freindly as are the locals located close to m11 good access to london or ferry ports in dover or euro tunnel stayed there many times now never had a bad meal or room look forward to stopping again

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Liz G, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to review The Fox Inn, it's good to hear that you enjoy your stays with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Very best wishes from all at The Fox Inn.

Reviewed 30 August 2012

The rooms - beds, bathrooms etc. were very good and appropriately priced. Would happily stay there again as it was a convenient stopover from Scotland en route to the Eurotunnel.

We enjoyed being able to eat our evening meal at the outdoor tables on the grass. Unfortunately the food was basic, relying more on quantity than quality.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Liz G, Manager at The Fox Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your recent stay at The Fox Inn and I'm pleased to hear you managed to enjoy our fantastic beer garden whilst here. I take all feedback - positive and negative - very seriously in an effort to make improvements and so I am disappointed to hear that our food did not live up to your expectations. I do hope that you will have the chance to stay with us again, in which case, please do seek me out (I'll be behind the bar) and hopefully we can improve upon your last meal.
With very best wishes from Liz and all at The Fox Inn

Green Man Hotel
Green Man Hotel
#4 of 8 in Harlow
Park Inn by Radisson Harlow

Been to The Fox Inn? Share your experiences!