“mrs”

Ranked #1 of 1 Matching Tye B&B and Inns
chigwell essex
“mrs”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Went to fox inn last night as couldnt get booked for 16 adults and 5 children at late notice and was so glad we went there the meals were lovely couldnt complain about anything they all come up together all hot and never had to wait long our waitress was I think lucy she was so good and worked so hard would definitely go back so thank you to all at fox inn for making our night special for my husbands 60th birthday

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank susan w
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal at The Fox Inn! I will make sure that you're lovely comments are passed on to Lucy and our kitchen staff and I hope that you all enjoyed the rest of the birthday celebrations!
We hope to see you again soon,
Liz and all at The Fox Inn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Northwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had an overnight stay here and were very impressed with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms.
The heater was a little confusing to operate however once we got it set up at the right temperature , it did the job.
Breakfast the next morning (charged separately) was extremely good value and my Gluten free request was dealt with very satisfactorily.
The staff were pleasant and friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tim R
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi there,
Many thanks for sharing your review, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes
LANCASTER
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely setting, nice atmosphere, very olde world. Lots of choice on menu. Steak was one of the worst I've ever had, I asked for med-rare and it was over cooked, dry and fatty. Apparently he chilli was good, and the lasagne looked nice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi,
Thanks for your review of your recent meal. I'm sorry to learn that your steak was not to your liking. We take all feedback (good and bad) seriously as it's the only way we can improve and I'll pass your comments on to the kitchen. However both my husband and I asked your group if everything was ok with your meals and we were told everything was fine. If you had mentioned then that you weren't happy I would have gladly asked the kitchen to replace your steak for you.
I appreciate your comments regarding the pleasant setting and atmosphere, it's just a shame we didn't have the opportunity to rectify the issue with your meal on the night.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

stayed here as I had an early start into London the following morning, I was meet by friendly staff and shown to my room which by the way are chalet style and away from the pub so no bar noise. The room was first class as was the bathroom.After a quick change I went into the bar for some food and ordered Cajun chicken, chips and salad, the portions were big and the food was spot on .Great place to stay and hope to return if in this neck of the woods again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony B
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay - the Cajun chicken is one of our most popular meals so I'm pleased you enjoyed it!
We look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area,
Liz and everyone at The Fox Inn
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had our lunch at the 'Fox' this week. What a great meal for £7.50p per head. I had " Liver and Bacon". What a large portion was served up and piping hot. I had Ice cream to follow finishing off with a Coffee. All for £7.50p. Brilliant! I would advise a phone call to book a table as it gets very busy at times. Will be back again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PhotoJohn332
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing your lunch at The Fox Inn and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Our lunchtime offer is very popular and booking is definitely recommended, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best wishes
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a traditional 18th Century village pub, has a character beamed restaurant with a very friendly atmosphere and always has a good selection of food on it's menu.
It's been a year since we've dined here previously and although we always received excellent service and good food, previously some of the meals seemed to have had smaller portions.
On Saturday night we revisited The Fox Inn with a couple of friends and i must say that we all had huge portions of food from the three different main meals that we chose from with three splendid soup starters and a pate starter. We were all so full that none of us could manage a pudding.
As before the menu can be varied according to taste and the service was excellent throughout the night.
This is and always has been a warm & friendly pub for family & friends and would highly recommend anyone to eat or drink here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hi there,
Many thanks for taking the time to write a review of your recent meal at The Fox Inn. I'm pleased to read that you felt the portions were of a good size and that you so thoroughly enjoyed your meal.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon so that you can try some of our delicious desserts!
Liz and all at The Fox Inn
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2013

I went to a surprise 80th birthday meal on Saturday at the Fox Inn Matching Tye and all i can say is the food was excellent at this small quaint village pub.
the staff were friendly,the food was first class and the portions were massive.what more do you want.
i paid the bill in the end and for 10 people having 3 courses it came to £170. ive paid that for 4 people before in London and the food was no where near as good.

we didnt stay at the hotel but if im ever in the area again i will defo stay here.

top marks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JimmyHol
Hi,
We were so pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your review on here, hopefully we'll see you again soon where I'd be happy to show you around our accommodation for future reference!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matching Tye
Hunters Meet Hotel
Hunters Meet Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Premier Inn Harlow Hotel

Been to The Fox Inn? Share your experiences!