“Great!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Matching Tye B&B and Inns
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Great!”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Really enjoyed the stay, modern rooms and very quiet, very clean bathrooms, comfortable bed and one of the best breakfasts ever!!!!
The owners certainly know how to look after the guests and 10/10 from us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Laughlines2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Glad to be back to eat at The Fox Inn last Saturday night with two friends, this time after only a few months and we were determined to not have the starters to enable us to have the deserts after our main meals (which are very filling).
As before we had ample portions of food for our main courses and thoroughly enjoyed our deserts all of which were well cooked & piping hot.
The staff are always keen to please and it’s never a problem to vary the menu according to taste and best of all the prices are very competitive which is just another reason to keep coming back.
All four of us agreed that we wouldn’t hesitate to recommend the pub to anyone for first class food & service in a traditional village pub.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank waller50
chigwell essex
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Went to fox inn last night as couldnt get booked for 16 adults and 5 children at late notice and was so glad we went there the meals were lovely couldnt complain about anything they all come up together all hot and never had to wait long our waitress was I think lucy she was so good and worked so hard would definitely go back so thank you to all at fox inn for making our night special for my husbands 60th birthday

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank susan w
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent meal at The Fox Inn! I will make sure that you're lovely comments are passed on to Lucy and our kitchen staff and I hope that you all enjoyed the rest of the birthday celebrations!
We hope to see you again soon,
Liz and all at The Fox Inn
Northwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We had an overnight stay here and were very impressed with the cleanliness and quality of the rooms.
The heater was a little confusing to operate however once we got it set up at the right temperature , it did the job.
Breakfast the next morning (charged separately) was extremely good value and my Gluten free request was dealt with very satisfactorily.
The staff were pleasant and friendly and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Tim R
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi there,
Many thanks for sharing your review, I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best wishes
LANCASTER
Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Lovely setting, nice atmosphere, very olde world. Lots of choice on menu. Steak was one of the worst I've ever had, I asked for med-rare and it was over cooked, dry and fatty. Apparently he chilli was good, and the lasagne looked nice.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi,
Thanks for your review of your recent meal. I'm sorry to learn that your steak was not to your liking. We take all feedback (good and bad) seriously as it's the only way we can improve and I'll pass your comments on to the kitchen. However both my husband and I asked your group if everything was ok with your meals and we were told everything was fine. If you had mentioned then that you weren't happy I would have gladly asked the kitchen to replace your steak for you.
I appreciate your comments regarding the pleasant setting and atmosphere, it's just a shame we didn't have the opportunity to rectify the issue with your meal on the night.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

stayed here as I had an early start into London the following morning, I was meet by friendly staff and shown to my room which by the way are chalet style and away from the pub so no bar noise. The room was first class as was the bathroom.After a quick change I went into the bar for some food and ordered Cajun chicken, chips and salad, the portions were big and the food was spot on .Great place to stay and hope to return if in this neck of the woods again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony B
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Hi,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your review. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay - the Cajun chicken is one of our most popular meals so I'm pleased you enjoyed it!
We look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area,
Liz and everyone at The Fox Inn
Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Had our lunch at the 'Fox' this week. What a great meal for £7.50p per head. I had " Liver and Bacon". What a large portion was served up and piping hot. I had Ice cream to follow finishing off with a Coffee. All for £7.50p. Brilliant! I would advise a phone call to book a table as it gets very busy at times. Will be back again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PhotoJohn332
LGCford, Owner at The Fox Inn, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for reviewing your lunch at The Fox Inn and I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves. Our lunchtime offer is very popular and booking is definitely recommended, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Best wishes
Hunters Meet Hotel
Hunters Meet Hotel
#2 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Premier Inn Harlow Hotel

Been to The Fox Inn? Share your experiences!