“Host's Attitude very disappointing”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fermignano
Locanda della Valle Nuova
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fermignano
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Host's Attitude very disappointing”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Yes, the locanda looks good on paper, and I certainly thought so when I booked there. However, after a week we realised that we weren't really enjoying ourselves. In fact, we began looking forward to the end of our holiday so we could leave. I called Giulia and requested to speak with her, and this is what moved me to review the place. She arrived, immediately aggressive. I explained that we were going to move on and thanked her for the stay, when pressed I outlined SOME of the issues we had encountered, for example, with small children, the huge amount of wasps were a worry, the pool was also infested, but I couldn't take the children in anyway as it was over my head, we also wanted somewhere we could just stay in and enjoy the country, out flat looked at a weed strewn gravel drive and a chicken coop and the flies were unbearable.
Her responses reduced me to tears, they amounted to: the pool isn't deep, this accommodation is not for children (maybe mention this BEFORE you take our money!), this is just what the countryside is like, there's nothing I can do about upkeep, I'm too busy, you're not meant to stay here all day, just use it as a base for day trips, and, go inside and shut the door to avoid the flies (???!). She was rude and I was horrified, having never encountered this behaviour before. We have travelled extensively and in the last five years can count more that a hundred accommodations in which we have stayed. Now I may also mention that we chose this place for very specific reasons, among them cooking classes and dinner options (twice a week). Unfortunately for us Giulia's mother went on holiday while we were there so these activities were cancelled.
Through this experience, I know Giula has an excuse for everything, so no doubt she will refute everything I have said in a reasonable manner, just as she did with the other critical reviews. I read them,too, and thought they were over-reacting and booked anyway. Oh, am I sorry!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 4Wekas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We just spend a week with Giulia and her parents and had a most peacefull week. I very much enjoyed chatting with Giulia's father, an interesting personality, he offered me free italian lessons for the next stay..We were well taken care off by Giulia, as mentioned, the refrigerator offers a start-up kit for the first few breakfasts, a nice detail. The apartment, we had the one next to the pool, has all amenities, even a dishwasher and laundry machine(if you care to use during vacation, we didn't..) The Locanda is part of a functioning farm and is covered is lush green. I enjoyed the fireflies at night and the occasional owl. Personally I find it a bit of a pity, that the Locanda doesn't take more advantage of the Marches striking landscapes, the views could be stupendous.Gulia also leaves a perfect guide in the apartment, particularly the restaurants on offer for very good. Monday and Friday Giulia and her mother offer dinner at the Locanda, but frankly speaking we thought quality/value left something to be desired for.One thing is for sure, it's all fresh and bio!! Plenty of brochures about Marche and surroundings in the apartment. A great introduction to this wonderfull region!! Grazie Giulia e tutta la famiglia!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Everybody has already said so much about the Locanda and the wonderful Guila, I can only add my agreement. Guilia and her parents are fantastic hosts -- we stayed in one of the apartments, and arrived to find bread, wine, butter, milk, eggs, and coffee in the kitchen "to get us started." So generous. We spent a week exploring Le Marche and beyond, and didn't mind getting lost, as we did often, because every new turn, intentional or not, presented another beautiful view, or Roman bridge, or country restaurant. Red poppies and purple and yellow wildflowers covered the hills. We stayed awake each night to be serenaded by a nightingale and a pair of owls. We ate simple meals with incredible local ingredients (peaches sweeter than any I've tasted since childhood), and had a delicious dinner from Guila's kitchen. And in the midst of this pastoral wonder is the city of Urbino with it's famous hills and university and early Renaissance art. We left reluctantly, and must return soon to find the parts of our hearts we left there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Giulia-da-Urbino, Owner at Locanda della Valle Nuova, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Lisa what can I say.. thank you and I will take care of the parts of your hearts that you left here, just please take care of the bit of my heart that you took away. A BIG hug
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed in the superb self catering accommodation about 500m from the main house. The views from the patio were incredible. Guilia was the perfect host, and gave us good advice about the restaurants in the area. The meal we had at the locanda was delicious. The best holiday we have had in a long time, in a beautiful unspoilt area.

Room Tip: Both self-catering apartments are lovely (our friend stayed in the one next to the pool which was sm...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
Reviewed 8 October 2012

We had wonderful relaxing days at the Locanda. The Locanda, an old farmhouse with lovely decorated rooms, is located on a little hill with great view at the surrounding area. There is still a little bit the feeling of farm live: a horse stable is nearby and there are the cows and cats from the Locanda.
Giulia, the operator of the Locanda, is a perfect host. Friendly, attentive and cooperative. She gave us good recommendations for trips and great restaurant tips and the dinners served at the Locanda – regional kitchen with food from the farm and its surroundings and cooked by Giulia and her Mum – are great, tasty and delicious.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was amazed that as I was reminiscing about our fabulous Italy trip last year I realized that I had failed to include a TripAdvisor review of Locanda della Valle Nuova and of course Guilia the wonderful host. As I looked through my notes, all I kept seeing from this part of our trip were words such as stunning, peaceful, delicious and beautiful. That really sums up a stay at the Locanda.
When you arrive, you are met by the owner, a warn and friendly person named Giulia who will give you information (in perfect English) and show you to your room. Your room is simple and clean. This is not a hotel but a place of relaxation and reflection. A place where you can sit on the back porch sipping local wine and enjoy amazing peace and quiet. Giulia will help to make your stay anything you want. She and her mom will cook dinner for you, give you cooking lesson, provide home made after dinner drinks and also assist you in making decisions on local places to visit,(Urbino is a must!), or just leave you alone if this is what you wish. The Loconda is up on a mountainside in a remote location but within ten minutes of Fermignano, a lovely town with some amazing restaurants. Try Trattoria Osteria!! Our stay at the Locanda was timed so that it was in the middle of a hectic trip. This was our time to recharge and enjoy. While there we visited several small and historically important "walled cities". Urbino and Mondavio are two we enjoyed very much. Certainly Urbino is a must do sight! Take a break from the craziness of the world and enjoy a self sufficient and environmentally neutral B&B! Go to the Locanda Delle Nuova!!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ForeFood
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 30 July 2012

If you want a truly peaceful spot with super comfortable rooms, excellent home grown, organic food, beautiful surroundings and fascinating day trips galore, this is it! Giulia and her family are the perfect hosts. Discover northern Le Marche with Giulia's help and you will be ready to plan your return visit.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fermignano
Mamiani Hotel Urbino
#2 of 2 in Acqualagna
Albergo Italia
Albergo Italia
#4 of 14 in Urbino

Been to Locanda della Valle Nuova? Share your experiences!