“Great place to relax and see the quiet Italian countryside”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fermignano
Locanda della Valle Nuova
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fermignano
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Great place to relax and see the quiet Italian countryside”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had an excellent experience at the farm. The rooms were perfect, the hosts were very solicitous in caring for our comfort. Would love to return next year! The vistas from the area are magnificent. There is a 4.5 mile walking trail that provided beautiful views along with the exercise.

• Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Giulia was a perfect hostess for our stay in the Marche countryside. Giulia and her mother cooked a delicious dinner for us and gave us a thoroughly delightful - and yummy - cooking class. Giulia sat with us one morning to plan a day of exploring several fascinating small towns in the region. She booked restaurants and gave tips on area grocery stores. She even arranged to have our car pulled out when we got stuck in the mud.

This part of Italy, not well known to Americans, is a wonderful experience in itself. Historic hill towns, excellent hiking, good regional restaurants. We even went to the beach one day.

At each day's end, we were happy to return to our modern, clean, comfortable and well appointed two bedroom, two bath apartment. The Valle Nuova part of our vacation exceeded expectations - a truly memorable experience.

Room Tip: Go with the apartment.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Oakland, California
Reviewed 25 October 2013

It's a cool autumn evening here in The Bay Area, but my heart is back in Locanda, where my family and I stayed in June. What a glorious week nesting at the farm and exploring Le Marche. Giulia and her Mom were wonderful hosts. We loved that it is a working farm complete with chickens, cows, fruit trees, and a score of barn cats! I particularly appreciated Giulia's passion and deep knowledge of fauna, flora, and foraging. (Ever tried artichoke liqueur?)

The accommodations were comfortable, and oh how I loved falling asleep to the nightingales and owls! We ate breakfast (local breads, cheeses, and fruit) on our little porch and basked in the morning light. During the day, we toured hill towns, crossed ancient Roman bridges, and found the best porcini gnocchi ever, in Urbino.

This is a great place if you're looking for an agritourismo experience or want a comfortable place to stay while you're exploring the area.

I can't wait to return.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Yes, the locanda looks good on paper, and I certainly thought so when I booked there. However, after a week we realised that we weren't really enjoying ourselves. In fact, we began looking forward to the end of our holiday so we could leave. I called Giulia and requested to speak with her, and this is what moved me to review the place. She arrived, immediately aggressive. I explained that we were going to move on and thanked her for the stay, when pressed I outlined SOME of the issues we had encountered, for example, with small children, the huge amount of wasps were a worry, the pool was also infested, but I couldn't take the children in anyway as it was over my head, we also wanted somewhere we could just stay in and enjoy the country, out flat looked at a weed strewn gravel drive and a chicken coop and the flies were unbearable.
Her responses reduced me to tears, they amounted to: the pool isn't deep, this accommodation is not for children (maybe mention this BEFORE you take our money!), this is just what the countryside is like, there's nothing I can do about upkeep, I'm too busy, you're not meant to stay here all day, just use it as a base for day trips, and, go inside and shut the door to avoid the flies (???!). She was rude and I was horrified, having never encountered this behaviour before. We have travelled extensively and in the last five years can count more that a hundred accommodations in which we have stayed. Now I may also mention that we chose this place for very specific reasons, among them cooking classes and dinner options (twice a week). Unfortunately for us Giulia's mother went on holiday while we were there so these activities were cancelled.
Through this experience, I know Giula has an excuse for everything, so no doubt she will refute everything I have said in a reasonable manner, just as she did with the other critical reviews. I read them,too, and thought they were over-reacting and booked anyway. Oh, am I sorry!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank 4Wekas
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We just spend a week with Giulia and her parents and had a most peacefull week. I very much enjoyed chatting with Giulia's father, an interesting personality, he offered me free italian lessons for the next stay..We were well taken care off by Giulia, as mentioned, the refrigerator offers a start-up kit for the first few breakfasts, a nice detail. The apartment, we had the one next to the pool, has all amenities, even a dishwasher and laundry machine(if you care to use during vacation, we didn't..) The Locanda is part of a functioning farm and is covered is lush green. I enjoyed the fireflies at night and the occasional owl. Personally I find it a bit of a pity, that the Locanda doesn't take more advantage of the Marches striking landscapes, the views could be stupendous.Gulia also leaves a perfect guide in the apartment, particularly the restaurants on offer for very good. Monday and Friday Giulia and her mother offer dinner at the Locanda, but frankly speaking we thought quality/value left something to be desired for.One thing is for sure, it's all fresh and bio!! Plenty of brochures about Marche and surroundings in the apartment. A great introduction to this wonderfull region!! Grazie Giulia e tutta la famiglia!!

Oakland, California
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Everybody has already said so much about the Locanda and the wonderful Guila, I can only add my agreement. Guilia and her parents are fantastic hosts -- we stayed in one of the apartments, and arrived to find bread, wine, butter, milk, eggs, and coffee in the kitchen "to get us started." So generous. We spent a week exploring Le Marche and beyond, and didn't mind getting lost, as we did often, because every new turn, intentional or not, presented another beautiful view, or Roman bridge, or country restaurant. Red poppies and purple and yellow wildflowers covered the hills. We stayed awake each night to be serenaded by a nightingale and a pair of owls. We ate simple meals with incredible local ingredients (peaches sweeter than any I've tasted since childhood), and had a delicious dinner from Guila's kitchen. And in the midst of this pastoral wonder is the city of Urbino with it's famous hills and university and early Renaissance art. We left reluctantly, and must return soon to find the parts of our hearts we left there.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Giulia-da-Urbino, Owner at Locanda della Valle Nuova, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Lisa what can I say.. thank you and I will take care of the parts of your hearts that you left here, just please take care of the bit of my heart that you took away. A BIG hug
West Yorkshire, UK
Reviewed 21 February 2013

We stayed in the superb self catering accommodation about 500m from the main house. The views from the patio were incredible. Guilia was the perfect host, and gave us good advice about the restaurants in the area. The meal we had at the locanda was delicious. The best holiday we have had in a long time, in a beautiful unspoilt area.

Room Tip: Both self-catering apartments are lovely (our friend stayed in the one next to the pool which was sm...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fermignano
Hotel Bucci
#2 of 14 in Urbino
Albergo Italia
Albergo Italia
#4 of 14 in Urbino

Been to Locanda della Valle Nuova? Share your experiences!