“Rame Barton Tea Room”
Review of Rame Barton

Rame Barton
Ranked #1 of 1 Rame B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This stunningly attractive house is a bed and breakfast venue which also allows for those who wish to cater for themselves in self-contained apartments. It is in the heart of beautiful countryside just a "stone's throw" from the twin villages of Kingsand and Cawsand and the magnificent Whitsand beach and cliffs.

If you cannot manage a stopover in the accommodation then there is a tea room where you can get wonderful Cornish cream teas as well as as delicious cakes if you have a mind to. You can sit out in the garden listen to birds and watch the hens strutting their stuff.

The service is great and the cakes etc are superb, Do not miss it, you will live to regret it if you do.

Room Tip: You have a choice of B&B or self catering apartments, but in either case you will be more than i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Rame Barton

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed with some friends who hadn't been to Cornwall before. After this experience they will be coming again.
The area, the house and the rooms are equally stunning. And from the moment we arrived we were given the VIP treatment. The owners made us feel like family, they really couldn't do more for us - made such a difference to get the inside track on where to go and what to do.
And the breakfasts!! Best ever! Fresh fruit, freshly made croissants and then fresh eggs from the hens outside as part of the most amazing English breakfast.
We're going back!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I really can't say enough how lovely it was to stay at Rame Barton. My wife and I were attending a wedding at Polhawn Fort, and Rame Barton was perfectly placed. We stayed in Whitsand suite, with a double room and a twin (which we didn't use), a bathroom, decent sized sitting room and small kitchenette. Glorious views across the fields, and ideally located for walks along the coast, down to the fort and down into Cawsand itself. Karen (the owner) was welcoming and wonderfully friendly - nothing seemed to be too much to ask, and breakfast was delicious. Indeed, on the morning after the wedding when I was, shall we say, a little weary following the previous night's celebrations and chose to forego my breakfast, choosing instead to enjoy the bed for a little longer, my wife returned from her breakfast with a spectacular bacon sandwich which, she informed me, she did not ask for, rather Karen had determined that it may be required!
I shall no doubt run out of superlatives - let me sum it up this way: if you are visiting this lovely part of Cornwall, stay here. Alternatively, stay at Rame Barton and whilst you're there, visit Cornwall!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stayed here overnight whilst on business in Plymouth. Rame Barton is exceptionally peaceful. Karen the owner was very friendly and helpful. The room was well furnished and the bed extremely comfortable. The quality of the breakfast ranked in the highest category in my opinion. Delicious freshly made coffee and cooked to order breakfast. I plan to return with my wife at some point for a short break, so the very charming and delightful experience Rame Barton provides does not get interrupted by business commitments! Nb service = 5 stars- the rating chart refused to allow me to check.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is our 4th visit to Rame Barton and each year it just gets better! We just love it here. Welcoming hosts, (nothing is too much trouble) fantastic location, wonderfully renovated farmhouse, spotlessly clean, super comfy beds and tasty home-cooked breakfast. Note eggs are fresh each morning from their chickens! My little girl even collected her own from the hen house to eat! Close to the stunning beaches, walk away from villages where we always have an excellent meal in The Devonport over looking Kingsand beach. Highly recommend Rame Barton to all.
By the way, Kingsand is where they shot the highly acclaimed Turner movie with Timothy Spall, we met some of the extras in the local pub!

Room Tip: We always have B&B but there are self-catering apartments also.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Karen is the perfect host who really knows how to make guests welcome. The rooms we stayed in were fantastic. Breakfasts are very good with plenty of choice. Rame is a great location to stay away from the hustle and bustle of Plymouth, yet near enough to get there reasonably quickly by the ferry. (We were diving) Local pubs and restaurants are first class. We shall be back all being well.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Pros- Welcoming host, spacious room and bathroom, wonderful view, convenient for weddings at Polhawn Fort and Rame church, delicious breakfast and a choice of DVD's to watch.

Cons- No phone network, hairs and marks in/on bedding when we arrived, hot water appeared to run out while i was in the shower (may have been a one off?!)

Overall I would recommend this hotel for local weddings

1  Thank Kerianne55
ramebarton, Owner at Rame Barton, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Oh dear, really upset to receive this review, couldnt believe at first, that it was for us. I will attempt to answer the points the guest made.
phone network...unfortunately throughout this area and most of Cornwall the phone network is not brilliant, 02 works best around here, and I am afraid there is absolutely nothing I can do about that.unfortunately.
hair and marks on the bedding.....I was astonished to hear about that as it is absolutely my priority to have clean fresh linen,and of course all incoming guests are greeted with clean , starched, high quality linen, lightly sprayed with lavender to aid a restful sleep.My cleaners work carefully and thoroughly to give all guests the very best experience.and I double check each room before the guests arrival so. I really cannot explain this complaint, and would have loved the opportunity to put things right.and certainly would have , graciously and apologetically had we known at the time.or any time during their stay

Finally the hot water, cannot explain that either I am afraid, as we have enough tanks to keep an army with constant hot water 24/7.........we think that is very important .and is worth the expense..of course things can go wrong from time to time,, but we were not aware there was a problem.once again, it would have been helpful to be told.

So I am upset that these guests did not have the experience that all our other guests have had, and realy apologise to them for that..

Please dont be put off......99% of the time we get it right . Let us prove it to you !!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rame
Whitsand Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Crafthole
Cambridge House
Cambridge House
#6 of 10 in Torpoint

Been to Rame Barton? Share your experiences!