“First class”

Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Rame
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A pub serving freshly prepared meals, from local producers. we also offer extensive vegetarian & gluten free meals. We serve a carvery Wednesday lunchtimes between 12:00 - 2:30 lunchtimes, Friday & Saturday 6pm to 9pm & Sundays from 12pm to 8pm Families and dogs are welcome.
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

This is the third time I have enjoyed the Sunday Carvery at The Halfway House. The whole meal was lovely it was a family get together and the other members were bowled over by the quality of food and will be visiting again. Making a reservation is advisable, even though a couple of times we have been lucky enough to get a table for two on the off chance.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We had eaten here many times over the years when ever we visit Cornwall, as it was always a friendly welcoming pub with excellent food.

However this time we were greeted by a young waitress, who without giving us a chance to sit at the bar and recover from the first half of our journey, 'were we eating ?' and tried to direct us to a table. At that moment all we wanted were the 'loos' and a refreshing drink at the bar, while we decided our choices.

When I returned found my soda on the bar waiting, filled to the top, I asked if I may have a straw, and I was told pertly that they were at the end of the bar. Unable to spot them, she then pointed to something black nearby and low and behold - black straws, not a colour one usually associates with straws !!

We ordered our filled jacket potatoes with side salad, neither of which, compared to other offerings we have had elsewhere at the same price, satisfactory. One slice of tomato, one slice of cucumber, pepper and a teaspoon of coleslaw on a small piece of lettuce !!!!

Of course she asked us if everything was to our satisfaction when our mouths were full of food, when will young members of staff have the courtesy to understand it is rude to interrupt, while one is eating.

We have always been pleased with both the food and the service, we even asked if it had changed hands since our last visit. I do hope the is a lone experience and the members of staff, responsible for today's disappointment, will learn from these comments.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Visited at lunch time, the meal was excellent. The Beef and Ale pie was as tasty as I have ever had and the side plate of mixed veg was piping hot and very varied. My wife was equally pleased with her Cauliflower au gratin. The young lady who served us was very friendly and even brought a bowl of water for our dog. A great experience at a reasonable cost. John

Reviewed 6 March 2014

booked a table for a family birthday meal and wasnt dissappointed,the service was excellent the food excellent I understand they offer meal deals on different nights so we had two steak and ale pie dinners for £12 thats £6 each and it was delicious the food was piping hot so were the plates a nice side order of veg as well also the other meals were just as good,the barman was very accommodating as we had a three year old with us (it was his birthday) the beer was excellent friendly atmosphere overall a very enjoyable evening and highly reccommended-look out for their meal deals and pop in and give it a try- proper job!

1  Thank cornish-accomodation
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Popped in as the blackboard outside enticed us in with 2 steaks for £13, service excellen, food excellent, we shall be back

1  Thank Davina C