The resort is in the middle of nowhere - but with easy access to most attractions in Cornwall. The site is very large and grassy with various chalets that people stay in for holidays or can buy. It all looks very new - and could use a few more trees and bushes. We stayed in the surf suites. They are small apartments in blocks of 3 or 4 long and 2 high. They all overlook a lake with ducks which is very cute.
Inside the suites are very modern and nice with good kitchen facilities and lovely spa style bathrooms. However they have glass sliding doors straight out to the kitchen so not amazing for privacy but didn't bother us. They have every facility 2 people could need. The bed was extremely comfortable!
However when we arrived I checked the sheets and there was a blood stain on the mattress protector and a blood spot on the sheet. They had been washed but the stain had not come out. You could actually see the stain through the sheet. I rang reception and they were very nice and sent someone straight away. However they sent a maintenance man as housekeeping had apparently gone home. We helped him strip the bed and when he returned with new sheets he said he could fix our boiler but couldn't make a bed so we had to do it ourselves. We stayed for 3 nights and noone ever came to remake it for us or check we were happy.
We had dinner in the green room one evening. It was very nice but incredibly hot (we did stay during a heatwave) however some air conditioning would be nice. The meal was very good however my mussels were sandy. I can't really hold this against them though as I didn't complain and I am sure that if I did they would have tried very hard to make it up to me.
Overall we were very happy with our stay but the service we received just didn't feel very luxurious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the picturesque fishing village of Padstow, the idyllic shopping town of Wadebridge, and the British Surfing capital of Newquay, we provide the ideal location for any holiday agenda. Offering both Short Breaks and Weekly stays in our luxury 1, 2, 3, 4 and 6 bedroom Self-catering Lodges both family holidays and romantic getaways are just a click away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Retallack Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Retallack Hotel St Columb Major
- Retallack Hotel Cornwall
- Retallack Resort And Spa Cornwall/St Columb Major