“Excellent fun and will return!!”
Review of FlowRider

More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: No need to worry about the surf report when you come to Retallack. Now you can surf the perfect wave every day of the year on Cornwall’s only FlowRider. FlowRider brings the waves to you. Combining the experience of surfing, snowboarding and skateboarding, this is the coolest new sport around. By generating a sheet of water no more than 3 inches deep, the FlowRider’s waves are safe and easy to ride, giving you a chance to learn to surf in totally safe surroundings. Our instructors will have you standing up in no time and riding the waves like a pro.
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

Me and 2 others went and had a session on the flowrider and it was so much fun. The water was pretty cold in October but with a wetsuit not all that bad in my opinion. The hour on there was definitely long enough and would recommend it to anyone and we will be returning next year went in Cornwall again.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
in 12 reviews
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We had a family birthday treat, with age ranges from 5-25 and they all had the most amazing time!! Have been before and have always found the instructors to be knowledgable , friendly and fun ! They are fabulous with the younger kids( my youngest went in the board with the instructor and loved it!!) as well as pushing the older ones to do more. A great treat and leaves you tired but wanting to do time and time again as so much fun. As a spectator it's great to watch and the instructors make it look so much easier than it is ... Would definitely recommend .

Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a marvellous time on the Loop. 4 children and 2 adults. It was the most exciting adventure.
Some of the boys were very hesitant at first but with the wonderful introduction they had full confidence in the instructor and were soon begging for more.

We've booked for July 2013. Here we go again !

Bit pricey £30 pp but enquire if there is a cheaper rate or if you can fit in with another group of 10

Reviewed 19 May 2013

we treated my brother in law to the flowrider for his 60th birthday not to be out done his daughter her boyfriend and a son in law decided to keep him company whilst my husband sister neice & iwatched we have never spent such a fun packed afternoon laughing at other peoples miss fortunes as we did that afternoon,the instructor was brill with the bafoons trying to stay afloat they had a fabulous time and would love to do it again.it was the best money spent on a birthday present ever and would highly recomend it for a fun afternoon out. well done.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I haven't actually stayed at Retalack but I must say the houses look Loverly and the bar does great hot chocolates . My review however is based on the flow rider. On the 5th of April we decided to take my less able daughter on the flow rider after a friend recommended it and I must say I was blown away.
The flow rider it's self is a amazing bit of kit but it was the staff who stole my heart.
From checking us in to us leaving they were amazing. They helped my daughter get her wetsuit boots on and had a Loverly chat with her before she started and that was a Loverly touch.
At first she wasn't keen to go on but one of the instructors, sam came down and had a chat with her and we eventually got her on. He was great with her, very caring, Loverly and he knew what he was doing. Then one of the other instructors helped get her on a big board and off she went.
She was smiling and laughing and the instructors were clearly getting a massive kick of it to.
They were all brilliant and made everyone in the group feel special, a special mention goes out to Sam for going the extra mile but everyone on the resort seemed helpful and friendly.
The other instructor in the yellow top was very good as well but I didn't catch his name.

I would recommend the flow rider to everyone!! Thanks again Retalack!