“Very good”

The Green Room Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Green Room Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$11 - US$29
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: From long lazy family lunches to romantic evenings for two sharing spoonfuls and bubbly, let us take you on a journey from the fields of Cornwall to your fork. Pop in for a great steak raised just fields away, relax over classic Cornish fish and chips whilst watching the action on the FlowRider or laze away the afternoon over Sunday lunch. Bring the kids, bring the dog or just hideaway with a book and a glass of wine.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at this resort recently and were very pleasantly surprised with this restaurant. The staff were very child friendly , the service quick and obliging , and the food was tip top....the value was good ...I would recommend the moule mariniere and the steak

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Was a bit concerned that the restaurant overlooks a fake surfing thing (not a surfer but I'm sure there is a technical name) and it looked casual. It is rub by a master chef winner and looked good on this very website.
Took the family , wife teenage daughter and her friend.
It was excellent. The service was good . They loved all the courses including the amuse bouche and the sorbet pallet cleanser
I would highly recommend it . I hope the chef can get a place in Padstow or Newquay and really get on the map.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I dined here with my daughter on a Saturday evening to round off a short break at the Retallack Resort. I thought it might be all style and no substance but I'm pleased to say I was very wrong. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and very helpful. Our waitress offered help with my wine choice when I couldn't decide which to choose and was able to answer all our questions about the menu. Our food arrived fairly swiftly despite the restaurant being almost full including a couple of large groups. Everything we were served was sublime from the excellent balsamic served with the bread and olives right through to our Eton Mess which we both wished would never end. My main course of duck was probably the best restaurant meal I've had in a very long time.
Overall I'd describe our evening as faultless from beginning to end. If you enjoy good food without the need for formality I'd highly recommended The Green Room.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

We went on the spur of the moment. One of my better decisions! A very busy evening in June but the staff were impressive and service faultless. The food was excellent and extremely good value. A minor criticism was the disappointing wine list. Having said that though limited it was palatable and was sensibly priced. I have paid a lot more for worse food . Well worth a visit and I have recommended it to friends and family

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

You must try to the Thursday Tasting Menu - we found it absolutely delicious - 7 courses of heaven! Beautiful presentation too - almost too pretty to eat... but I overcame that quite quickly :-)
It would be great to see a dessert wine added to the wine list, though the Sommelier made a great recommendation of a 'nectar' which hit the right spot! Will definitely be heading back for another special night out.