When I finalized the deal with Four Points, Navi Mumbai for my wedding venue, I expected nothing but the very best - keeping in mind that the hotel is a renowned name in the industry & especially because Poonam Bagal & Pekham Basu from banquet sales did such a meticulous job of planning everything right.
However, on the day of the wedding itself - 11th May 2014 - Four Points did everything possible to almost ruin my special day for me.
After having discussed every single detail of the deal both verbally as well as on email, I was shocked when Ashish Tomar from banquet sales (someone who I hadn't interacted with at all at any point during my conversation with Four Points - went back on the hotels commitment on a very crucial point - Billing.
After having reassured repeatedly and several times during my negotiation that my billing would be on a per head basis ONLY, the following is what happened when I was already on stage in front of 170+ guests-->
a) Ashish Tomar struck up a rude argument with me and my husband at the most inappropriate time - right after our jaimala in front of all our guests proclaiming that "He doesnt care who committed what to me...he is the boss and plate count is how things are done:"|
b) Basic hospitality ethic was not adhered to. Starters were shut off early. Dinner was deliberately delayed inspite of innumerable attempts by my family to remind the hotel staff that we needed to open the buffet for our guests.Food at the final family dinner after the wedding was served absolutely cold. Even to the bride & groom.
Having paid almost 90% of the billing amount in advance, not only was my family helpless to do anything about such appalling behaviour, but we were horribly embarrassed in front of all our wedding guests.
The hotel representative - Mr. Kant - seems to think its standard hotel industry policy to bill customers by plate count and not head count. But in that case, should that not have conveyed to me right at the start instead of bringing it up on the day of the wedding when everything has been paid and finalized??
Considering that our other two wedding functions at Ibis & Country Inn, Navi Mumbai went off superbly well (billing on head count only for both), Four Points has left an extremely bitter taste in the mouth.
Please avoid this venue for events as precious and important as one's wedding. Just not worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the corporate hub of the Navi Mumbai metropolis, the Four Points by Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi is designed to meet the needs of today's discerning traveller. Just a stroll away from prominent shopping opportunities and the city's thriving business centre, we offer modern-day living and easy access to experience the traditional local lifestyle. Our convenient location makes it easy to get out and explore Navi Mumbai's myriad attractions, like the Belapur Fort, Central Park, a golf course, ISKCON Temple, and Kharghar Hills. Mumbai is just 35 kilometres from the hotel, and the industrial city of Pune is 134 kilometres away and is easily accessible via the express highway in two hours. Designed in a contemporary style, our 150 guest rooms and suites are tastefully decorated and provide all the comforts of home, including High Speed Internet Access and the Four Points by Sheraton Four Comfort Bed™. Our fitness centre, swimming pool, and spa make it easy to relax and recharge after a long day of work or play. And our three restaurants and lounge bar present a selection of cuisines from around the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi Hotel Navi Mumbai
- 4 Points By Sheraton Navi Mumbai, Vashi