“Fine for a very short stay”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Navi Mumbai
Perth
“Fine for a very short stay”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

The location is so isolated from anywhere else if you don't have transport. You literally have to eat very evening at the limited food outlets of the hotel. The courtyard arrangement of the 3 wings of the 4 storey hotel made noise transmitted right around and up through all rooms. The 4 nights I stayed there they had major party functions accompanied by vigorous music and drumming right until midnight. This was followed by a 6 am deconstruction crew working noisily to restore the function rooms.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you, for your recent stay at The Park, Navi Mumbai and for your valuable feedback.

Please accept our humble apologies for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

We have particularly noted your feedback regarding noise reaching your room. We will endeavour to provide a peaceful and tranquil experience and consider it is a very basic need of a resident hotel guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Park,Navi Mumbai

Warm Regards

Swarup Datta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed here for about 6 days on business and thoroughly enjoyed my time.

The rooms are large, air conditioned and of a very high standard. The staff were all extremly friendly and polite. There was a pool and some other areas in the hotel where I didnt venture but it all looked like it was trying to cater for a relaxed atmosphere. Breakfast is a buffet, with eggs which could be cooked to order. The fruit juice offered was a bit tasteless, but there was a decent selection of food.

On a negative side, they made a mistake with my bill (my company were paying but they insisted it was to be charged to me) After charging my card, they realised their mistake and recified it professionally and curteously, so I could not complain about the way it was handled. I felt the food was slightly overpriced, though it was of good quality. There could have been more choice in Indian food. My chicken burger with fries was a very good burger. They were kind enough to cook for me at 1am in the morning, though their menu was limited.

There is a wired network which was fast but could have been a little cheaper, or even free!

I didnt mind the location. It is out of town, but it was close to the Belapur Railway so venturing to other areas is easy enough. Taxis were available quickly using the hotel.

It would have been nice if the hotel could have put some information or leaflets regarding tourist places and travel. But over-all I found the hotel one of the better ones I have stayed in. They even let me check out late (2pm) on my last day and they let me store my luggage in a store room for pickup later. Everyone was very friendly and I would have to give it a solid 4 stars. I would stay here again if I visited Mumbai again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 7 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Park, Navi Mumbai and for your valuable comments .We are glad that you had an overall pleasing experience at our hotel. Your positive comments regarding our location and staff being extremely friendly and polite is much appreciated.

We regret for the inconvenience experienced at the time of billing. We have also taken note of your concerns and assure you that effective steps will be taken to address these issues as required.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Park, Navi Mumbai

Warm Regards,

Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Stayed at the hotel for 2 weeks on business. The hotel is outdated and the service is bellow any marks for quality. Forget for anything that you expect from 5 star hotel. Some examples:
My friend got bed bugs in his room - changed the room.
The waiter ate the Bamboo restaurant served rice all over the plates, the table and me, and after overfilling my plate, confused explained the special bamboo rice is over and there will be no more for my friend.
At dinner we were never offered the breadsticks.
The staff was rude on many instances.
The receptions had not enough money to exchange $100, and this is offered service.
The restaurants are overpriced
Keep this hotel in the list to avoid.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SamTalk
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We regret that you had a less than pleasant stay at the hotel.

We have noted your feedback and are taking corrective action as required ensuring these issues are resolved and do not occur again.

Request to kindly send us your contact details so that we can personally call on you to make amends, and restart the relationship that The Park Hotels share with all their guests.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Park, Navi Mumbai once again.

Warm Regards

General Manager.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Hotel is reasonable provided you plan to spend most of your stay in/around Navi Mumbai. The location is literally "halfway through nowhere". You're pretty much dependent on a hotel taxi or company car for transport as it is nearly impossible to find a taxi/auto in the area. Rooms are decent. The cafe restaurant on the ground floor was pretty reasonable in its menu. Wifi was free (not sure if this is for everyone or if it was included in my company's corporate deal) and of good quality. There is a club on the ground floor which can get a bit loud - one of my colleagues on a lower floor complained of the noise. Staff was quite friendly and attentive. The hotel itself is a notch lower compared to its competitors/counterparts in main Mumbai. In terms of location and ambience it fades in comparison to its possible nearest competitor - Four Points Sheraton which is located in the heart of Vashi. Overall I'd say it offers a reasonable business visit experience for those who need to be in Navi Mumbai for a few days.

Room Tip: take a higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 27 February 2012

Greetings!!

We would like to sincerely thank you for the feedback that you have provided to us.

We have made a note of all your concerns and apologise for the inconvenience that was caused to you and your colleague during the time of your stay with us.

We would make sure to make your next stay more comforatble with us with all the concerns noted.

Once again, we thank you for choosing The Park Navi Mumbai for your stay. Hope to see you soon again.

Mr.Swarup Datta
Navi Mumbai, India
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I like the location and ambience of the hotel ... but the service is too slow needs to improve...

I give it a 4 out of 5 ...... nice food can add more vegetarian menu .... the hotel is little noisy....

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank nahariya
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for considering The Park Navi Mumbai as a preferred destination for your stay and also for the valuable feedback you provided us with.

We have made a note of your concern and will make sure that the corrective action for the same is being taken.

Please do give us a chance to serve you again.

Mr.Swarup Datta
Sydney
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Navi Mumbai (ie New Bombay) is not like New Delhi is to Delhi. It, New Delhi is basically the CBD of delhi, whereas Navi Mumbai is really not even in Mumbai, but a different city several kilometres away. This means the hotel is not convenient for any tourism in Mumbai. You should really only stay in Navi Mumbai if you are there for business. Having said that, Navi Mumbai is a fairly pleasant leafy area and you dont get hassled like you do downtown.

The hotel itself is pretty good. Calls itself five star, but lacks usual five star amenities such as a minibar. Otherwise, I had a room upgrade to a garden view room (there was not really a garden to look at, but a freeway, but still a pleasant outlook).

The hotel is clean and the room are an good size. The building itself is minimalist and not grand at all.

The staff were helpful.

The room was marketed as having free wifi, but apparently this is not available in the rooms as such. I was pleasantly suprised when this was rectified by the staff placing a router in my room for free. They did take several hours to do so, which was annoying.

The airport transfers offered are too expensive. They wanted (from memory) Rs 2600 from the airport. Whereas a prepaid taxi is about Rs 500.

The man at the desk talked me into getting a private taxi (ie not a black and yellow cab) to the airport at Rs 1,000 to avoid taxi scams/overcharging etc (which is common in india). I agreed to this because it was my last day in the country and I was sick of drivers off the street causing me grief. however, this driver tried to rip me off as well (ie demanded I pay the tolls when it was an all inclusive quote).

All in all, the hotel suited my purposes. Clean; quiet area and friendly staff with good english skills.

To imrove, the hotel needs to
- get wifi in all rooms
- set up a reasonably priced airport transfer system (even a shared minibus would be OK) as long as its no more than 1,000 Rs each way and there is no overcharging
- make it clear that Navi Mumbai is not really part of Mumbai (Im sure indians and businessmen know this, but tourists probably do not)

The room I booked was ma

Room Tip: get a garden view room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 6 February 2012

Greetings!!

First of all I would like to thank you for writing to us and also would like to thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with.

I sincerely would like to apologise to you for all the inconvenience caused to you and would like to make a note of all the concerns that you mentioned above. Please give us a chance to serve you again and we will make sure that all your concerns are looked after.

Thank you once again for choosing us.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed 2 February 2012

i booked this hotel on internet for one night stay at navi mumbai.
it was my official visit to navi mumbai and i booked The Park Navi Mumbai as it was nearby navi mumbai.
it was a studio room, frankly speaking the room size was very small, washroom was not clean with a dirty smell, room service was very poor, room minibar was not working, AC was not working and yes room was very loudy, means you cannot sleep properly due to some outside noices.

when i explained everything to the Hotel Management, they felt very bad and offered me a complimentary lunch with them and they have given an assurance that it will not happen in future again.

Room Tip: would suggest not to select the studio room atleast
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
parknavimumbai, General Manager at The Park Navi Mumbai, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your valuable feedback you have extended to us.

Firstly would like to apologize for the inconveinence that you faced during your stay.I am glad that my colleagues made up for the same for you by offering you a lunch at our restaurant.

It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcome you again.

We promise you to have a more pleasant expereince during your next stay.