“Best place ever!!”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Barra de Navidad
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Best place ever!!”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

If you want to experience Mexico this is the Place!!!
Staff, Food, service with a unique Mexican touch. This is NOT Marriott I have to say. This is a very 4-3 stars unique Cheap Hotel, Where all our dreams came thru… OMG all people are bilingual, just like home but nicer… and cheaper. Ask for Stefan to take you out for a catch... no regrets west coast be back soon, 4 sure !!!!

Room Tip: Ask 4 Stefan
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Abner R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 13 April 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed the first time at the Delfin this past eastern, after trying out two other mid class hotels in town over the last years.

We were very positively surprised about how relatively calm the place persisted even over these craziest days of the year. There was not one of the usual very loud groups of youngsters staying in the Hotel, more so a very mixed clientele that seemed to be enjoying the heated pool and rooftop terraces all day long, but after 11pm people seemed to ether asleep or out of the hotel. This policy was clarified at our arrival by the manager: No noise inside the hotel after 10:30pm, the party needed to be outside!

It surprisingly worked very well and after the big eastern weekend the manager offered us a nicer room (we had only gotten into one of the darker second floor rooms by the stairway with our late reservation) on the 3rd or 4th floor. We choose one on the third floor because of the wifi with view over the Isla Navidad (4th floor views are even better, but no wifi) and were again surprised by a spotlessly clean and breezy room with new comfy mattresses and really nice neighbors!

The restaurant on site served the best Eggs Benedict & Florentine I have tried in years and with all the great activities recommended by the managing couple Claudia and Stefan (my boyfriend needs to do something interesting every day!), it was by far our best stay in Barra so far! We will come back next year!

Room Tip: 3rd floor has good views and wifi. 4th floor has the best views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Yoli C
Mooresville, Indiana, Usa
Reviewed 1 April 2013

What a great little place! On quiet street in a quiet little town. Very clean and roomy. Stefan was most friendly and was very willing to help with anything we might need. The pool area is a good little oasis. Two rooftop areas for laying in the sun or watching the sunset was much appreciated. Good location for walking into town with good restaurants close by. Will definitely stay here again and will recommend the Hotel Delfin to everyone going to the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the fourth floor have the best view but wi-fi does not reach this floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Colima
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We passed through Barra de Navidad on a road trip to Puerto Vallarta. The staff is all very friendly and helpful about giving suggestions of what to see and where to eat. The facilities were very clean. I would say the rooms are a little dark, and could use some updating and new furniture and fixtures. It wouldn't take too much to make this a quaint, charming hotel. I would possible stay again, but would look at other options also for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Port Alberni, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 19 March 2013

Hello,
This is the first time I'm writing a review, usually I'm just not the type, but I felt I had to under the circumstances.
My wife and I stayed at The Delfin Back in the begining of December for 2 nights, we just got married in Puerto Vallarta and where looking forward to a little relaxation.
2 weeks later after driving up and down the coast we where getting our belongings sorted for our trip home when we realized that one of my wifes wedding earrings (from her grandmother's wedding) was missing. She gave them too me to hold the night of our wedding and I put them in my back pack along with some other small belongings. Hence, our first fight as a married couple. Feeling like a shmuck, when we got back home I contacted every hotel that we stayed at, and Stefan at The Delfin had it waiting for us. He made my day, and we with the help of another guest from close to where we live he was able to get it back to us.
I didn't tell my wife right away, and when the earring arrived as you can imagine she was very emotional.
A big thank you to the staff and owner at this hotel, we will be back!
Matt

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt K
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 March 2013

I just stayed two weeks at the delfin and loved it. It is small, super friendly,i felt safe, and the owner gave us the best tips as to where to make day excursions to get to know the area.

I had asked for wifi, so the owner recommended a room in the third floor (or lower), which worked out perfectly. Positive also was the new mattress in my room, very comfortable! Best location, no car needed,everything was in walking distance, great!
Definitely the best hotel in barra. I can not believe it is only a two star hotel, GREAT value for the price!!!! Thanks!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
BILLINGS
Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

We picked The Delfin, because of the high rating in Trip Advisor. We were disappointed in our choice. First the good things, we found. The location is good, with the rooms on the top two floors looking out on the lagoon. The staff was friendly. There is hot water. The restaurant served a good breakfast with multiply cups of coffee for 50pesos. Now for the reasons we give it just an average rating. The WiFi does not reach up to the 4th floor, where our room was. It is even a weak reception in the 1st floor restaurant. So..we would go to the pool area. When I needed to plug in my iPad to keep working, I was shown a small extension cord hanging from a tree, not quite long enough to make a comfortable use of the computer. I was wanting to use Skype, but had no private area to use, without everyone hearing my conversation. The second morning I went down by the pool, to check e-mail there was one other couple using the one table, so I went to one of the lounge chairs, the manager then told me that this was their cleaning time and that I should go to one of the other floors and use the chairs outside other rooms, again not private and very inconvenient.
Now for the rooms. The beds are average for Mexico, ours were lumpy. The shower is a flat floor, such that the short shower curtain does not keep the water from spraying a wide area outside the shower area and making the floor slick. We had to wipe the area down each time after showering, for safety. There is no little bottle of shampoo provided, only bar soap. There is no TV if you are into that need, no clock, no coffee maker for hot water for evening tea or morning drink( restaurant does not open until 8:30am). The shaft, that is open to the room, that is explained in the information as an air circulation advantage, also carries voices from the other rooms. The curtains over the big window looking out onto the deck, were not made so we could open them easily, so we just hooked one corner back. The rooms were clean, but very plain.
We would not stay here again, with so many other options for the price.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
#9 of 11 in Barra de Navidad
Cabo Blanco Hotel
Cabo Blanco Hotel
#1 of 11 in Barra de Navidad

Been to Hotel Delfin? Share your experiences!